Coli Movie Club: La Vita è Bella (Life is Beautiful)

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
got it on blu ray, sh1t still has me hoping that the dad will make it out of the camp alive

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Finally watched it.

Wasn't for me. I can't really say I liked much of anything about it to be blunt. I don't think it ever found a balance of what it wanted to be. It was jarring going from slapstick to drama sometimes within the same minute. It totally took me out of the story.

The first half i somewhat enjoyed as a silly throwback to a comedy film from the 50s or 60s but once it got To the concentration camp it fell apart to me. It was just too ridiculous a premise For me to take seriously for the film to have any emotional weight.

And I'm in shock he was nominated let alone won for best actor.

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Finally watched it.

Wasn't for me. I can't really say I liked much of anything about it to be blunt. I don't think it ever found a balance of what it wanted to be. It was jarring going from slapstick to drama sometimes within the same minute. It totally took me out of the story.

The first half i somewhat enjoyed as a silly throwback to a comedy film from the 50s or 60s but once it got To the concentration camp it fell apart to me. It was just too ridiculous a premise For me to take seriously for the film to have any emotional weight.

And I'm in shock he was nominated let alone won for best actor.

I nominate the homie @Prodigal Syndicate to make the next pick

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
Saw it years ago. Didnt really expect it turn it out like it did after being so "light" early on.

But that ending combines the perfect combination of deep sadness and true happiness in the span of a few minutes.

One of the first times watching a film where I was on the edge :sadcam: with tears of sadness and :to: on the edge with tears of joy right afterward.

(I didnt cry. But was near it)

Movie was solid overall. But that ending, shyt. :wow:

One of the GOAT WWII movies, the way Benigni mixes comedy& deep sorrow is something you don't see often in any movie.

Oh and Once Upon A Time maaaan :banderas:

Watched that shxt on tv as a kid and that movie was so fvkkin long they broke it up in two nights :russ:

It was totally worth it tho :ohlawd:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
One of the GOAT WWII movies, the way Benigni mixes comedy& deep sorrow is something you don't see often in any movie.

Oh and Once Upon A Time maaaan :banderas:

Watched that shxt on tv as a kid and that movie was so fvkkin long they broke it up in two nights :russ:

It was totally worth it tho :ohlawd:

death-stare-o.gif

:wow: