NULL
Oh shyt :ohlawd:
@Cerebral Labyrinth you nice breh.
:lawd:
I'm hesitant to post this shoddy recording I just did of myself :laugh:
Lemme go re-record this.
Can't let this thread die.
Brehs
Get at any experienced posters in this thread :blessed: I wanna see it grow.

I played saxophone in middle school. It used to be my dad's and I got it back when I went home for Christmas. It's old and completely out of tune right now. But it's a novelty and I want to get it fixed and fine tuned so eventually I can hop back on it. My pops also put me on those little keyboard lessons that you can do hook up to the computer when I was younger. I forgot a lot of shyt, but I bought a new keyboard on black Friday and I've been fukking with that constantly lately. Getting my skill back up :wow:

I also got a guitar for my birthday, it was one of those relatively cheap Best Buy ones. I think my fingers are too big for the chords right now though and I need to get another one....

Right now I'm trying to get this piano right and it's coming along pretty nice.
:wow:
Can't wait to hear some recordings of you :yes: :salute:
Check the tracklist and see if there's stuff you like. If there isn't by and large you won't be enjoying much of what you're learning, and as a result, it won't help much and learning guitar songs is just as much of a chore than without it.

Or get it when it's on sale otherwise.

It did bring me around to listening to metal music tho, especially the Deftones :ahh:

But now I really want an 8 string guitar :mjcry:
I heard Ibanez is nice with the extended range guitars and they've got
a more consumer friendly line than their premium models :

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/usa/

Also feel free to post any links to Tabs or Sheet Music for the brehs to consume :yes:

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Don't want this thread to die so I figure as the thread starter, I should contribute.
Both links are just me playing something I came up with.
I'll probably add more as I progress, don't be afraid to throw something up !

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like that guitar, keep it up. Let's make things interesting @Insensitive , give me a song to play. Preferably something hip hop or popular, but really you can say anything. I'll see what I can come up with from it.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like that guitar, keep it up. Let's make things interesting @Insensitive , give me a song to play. Preferably something hip hop or popular, but really you can say anything. I'll see what I can come up with from it.
Forgot to quote you and name a song my bad.

How about :
Growing apart (To get closer) f. Jhene Aiko - Kendrick Lamar

I wonder - Kanye West
:myman:

Hopefully we can keep this thread going :wow:

Some Acapella i did

:troll:

:troll:
Clean it up a little bit and it wouldn't be too bad all jokes aside.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So fast breh.
I'm assuming you did a lot of ear training to able to pick apart
songs this quickly.
Any training regiments you can offer up ?

I actually think it's genetic. I spent much more time practicing sight-reading as I was horrible at it (and still am) - but very little time ear training.

Not sure how to train it - I tend to think in chord progressions most often, so I think focusing on recognizing chords & key signatures helps to get down the foundations of a piece.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually think it's genetic. I spent much more time practicing sight-reading as I was horrible at it (and still am) - but very little time ear training.

Not sure how to train it - I tend to think in chord progressions most often, so I think focusing on recognizing chords & key signatures helps to get down the foundations of a piece.
I'm more the opposite, I can generally read chords/notes and work out the rhythm
but I can't pick out an individual chord from a song at all. :laugh:
I'm hoping to get to a high level of sight reading so I'm working through guitar books
that feature a lot of notation over tabs.
I like what you said about recognizing chords, thinking in chord progressions and key signatures, I'm planning to start drilling chords and scales soon myself. I mean I know how to construct but I haven't truly sat down and done it day in and day out on a keyboard.

Thanks for contributing to the thread by the way.

drhook94

Banned
Daps
Hey guys. I'm DrHook94, producer name Tridactyl. I play the FL studio nowadays, but I took basic piano in college and played the saxophone for two and a half years in middle and highschool (marched baritone sax represent). I've been producing off and on for a couple of years but just started taking it real seriously in the past month or so.

This is probably my best beat. It landed me a future spot on AuxCordCentral's Up'N'Coming segment. I've also got a collab with a rapper, reddit user Chriscryme, on this beat on my SC and some other collabs and beats if you're interested in my work.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been a minute since I replied.
I've been practicing and learning a lot in my free time.
Still don't know if I'm up to an appreciable level on the guitar but I figure I'd up a little
of my noodling around on the guitar.

A dope song idea -

Just playing around with minor blues scale in the Key of C if memory serves me correctly -

Where y'all at brehs ? :laugh:
Am I the only one sticking to this ? :laugh:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Been a minute since I replied.

Where y'all at brehs ? :laugh:
Am I the only one sticking to this ? :laugh:

Out here grinding still - got a couple of jams on the road booked at the end of the year too :blessed:

About to have them old skool jazz big band/ Rza problems trying to co-ordinate a gang of people moving as a group between cities:sadcam:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Out here grinding still - got a couple of jams on the road booked at the end of the year too :blessed:

About to have them old skool jazz big band/ Rza problems trying to co-ordinate a gang of people moving as a group between cities:sadcam:
:wow:
That's what's up.
I've been meaning to ask, did you write all the parts for your players ?