**Coli Verzuz 3** Who makes better music (JQ Legend vs Slangtonomo)

Who makes better music?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This the third edition of our weekly music battles. Purpose of this is to showcase the talent we have in here so you can vote for whoever had the best song to you or who's majority of tracks you liked the most. Don't matter how you decide, just listen and vote.

Thank you to the participants an everybody taking the time out to listen and drop feedback.

@JQ Legend

@Slangtonomo

**(JQ will post up his 3rd song in the thread because I'm having technical difficulties posting it)**

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I rock with all of the tracks. Close one here, both of you all have dope voices which brought an entirely different level to the music:wow::wow:. All 3 of JQ's joints had a 'crisp' sound. I enjoyed the 'muddy' sound of Slang's joints too, but I thought it did too much of a disservice to his voice/crowded it a bit, especially on toxic. And Dz Bih had too much of the chorus in it imo...Dance Like Wu-Tang is fire, it was like a combination of Bizarre, Craig Mack and Busta Rhymes (the Sean Price/Tall Sean shout out:salute:). I caught the humor too.

Favorite songs from both

JQ - Hustla's Ambition (fukk They Tombout is a close 2nd tho :wow:, then BFE in that order). You sound VERY polished breh. No chinks in the armor.

Slang - Toxic ( I really enjoyed the humor you injected into this track also, very well placed lyrically). Best track overall out of the 6 imo potential wise, but the worst sound quality wise though. Id like to hear this joint again once you have the final mix down. You have a gem with that one cleaned up.

Overall I'd give the nod to JQ, breh was just all around on some triple double shyt:manny:

Most potential I'd give to Slang with Toxic.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
@JQ Legend don't do me too dirty breh breh! I'm just trying jump back in da booth lol. Haven't even put a final mix on my joints :snoop: but I jumped out there.
TLR differences aside- That “Toxic” joint wasn’t too bad. In fact, I liked it.
:ohhh:

You used this backdrop beat (or whatever it’s called, I don’t know the term is lol) anyway here’s the reference. What’s the song that’s sampled that’s on the vocals?

Slangtonomo

Formerly Slang Dussain Ali
Daps
Reppin
www.weohh.com
TLR differences aside- That “Toxic” joint wasn’t too bad. In fact, I liked it.
:ohhh:

You used this backdrop beat (or whatever it’s called, I don’t know the term is lol) anyway here’s the reference. What’s the song that’s sampled that’s on the vocals?

Yeah tlr differences aside (I apologized tho not directly to you) I don't have smoke for women, and apologize for my display of ignorance and aggression.

Yooooo...you just reminded me why I didn't mix this one down: That nikka in the studio waited until I finished recording and told me, then showed me Fab's track! I WAS MAD AS fukk!!!

I fukks with Fab in doses and wasn't aware of this song. Been bumping the fukk out it since tho.

Edit - And I'll get the sampled song in a minute.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
@NormanConnors appreciate the detailed feedback brehski.

Yeah I hadn't paid to have them final mixed because I wasn't sure I'd use them on the album.

:salute:

:wow: at least put Toxic on there, to hell with Fab
Yeah tlr differences aside (I apologized tho not directly to you) I don't have smoke for women, and apologize for my display of ignorance and aggression.

Yooooo...you just reminded me why I didn't mix this one down: That nikka in the studio waited until I finished recording and told me, then showed me Fab's track! I WAS MAD AS fukk!!!

I fukks with Fab in doses and wasn't aware of this song. Been bumping the fukk out it since tho.

Edit - And I'll get the sampled song in a minute.

Dionne Warwick :myman:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This one was crazy difficult.

I felt like Toxic was the best song. shyt is catchy, humorous, and just overall a dope ass song. I been running that shyt back for a minute.

on the other hand fukk What They Tolmbout is damn near as good. If it was just a battle of those 2 songs it'd really almost be a tie. I love the bars and delivery on that joint. Real menacing shyt. Flow and beat fit together perfectly.

The thing is I felt like JQ had the better majority of dope songs. I liked his other 2 joints as well. Dude really be spitting. Slangs other songs were dope and I fukked with Dz Bih too. I like his overall style. Dope rap voice. shyt both have very good rap voices. Like you hear nikkas like that and you know they supposed to be rapping or podcasting or something verbal.

In the end, JQ wins a split decision. Very close battle. When both of your hottest songs are damn near equal, I gotta look at the rest of them joints to break the tie.