Coli Wine Connoisseurs, I Need Your Help...

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Brehs I need a quality wine that (prententious) women like to drink. This is for a gift, an office gift so im not trying to go too expensive (no ace of spade :comeon:) but then something not too cheap. I guess my budget is around 30 give or take. A magnum bottle would be preferred, champange recommends also acceptable.

Maybe my budget is too constricting, let me know.

As a seasoned brew and booze sopper, I don't have these refined tastes/sensibilities. While $hackleford is known to ocassionally chug red and whites, they are usually purchased in the 1.5-4 liter bottles of the gallo or Rossi variety. Help is appreciated.

:mjgrin:

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Get barolo wine, really nice and dry.
Thanks, after a quick websearch (to see what that is) any particular brand you'd recommend? Would I likely find this at a Walmart or grocer or would I have to go to speccial wine store?

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Moscato for sure.Pick whatever is in your budget, women love that shyt.

Edit: 30 dollars?

shyt, buy 4 bottles of barefoot and call it a night :yeshrug:

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Cop a bottle of Culitos wine or something.

Buy a moscato you’ll be fine whatever is cheapest
Hmm okay, maybe I'll do just that. I was leaning that way (Moscato) originally but didn't want to go too low brow. Any brand you would recommend, would yellow tail or something like that be too cheap :lupe:

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Moscato for sure.Pick whatever is in your budget, women love that shyt.

Edit: 30 dollars?

shyt, buy 4 bottles of barefoot and call it a night :yeshrug:
That's the other brand, couldn't think of it. Forreal that's like 5-8 buck if I remember correctly. People be gifting them regular ol bottles? The recipient is younger too. Hmm maybe I could throw in a small treat/chocolate too with the one bottle.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Get a regular red wine and tell her about red wines health benefits and how your into health

That info will elevate its value in her mind

reece.jpg

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
I drink this Spanish (I think) rose' called Mateus. The bottle is lovely and people always think it is expensive but it only cost $6 and a large bottle is $10. It tastes great and you'll have people thinking they are drinking expensive wine.
Thanks, I see online they have a pink and burgundy looking bottle. I'm pretty sure the rose is the pink one correct? Out of curiosity is that a sweeter wine? Is it rare in that I'd probably need to go to total wine?

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Thanks, I see online they have a pink and burgundy looking bottle. I'm pretty sure the rose is the pink one correct? Out of curiosity is that a sweeter wine? Is it rare in that I'd probably need to go to total wine?
Yes the pink is the rose. Yes it is sweet but not to the point that men don't like it. I get it from Total Wine. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Look under Spanish or Portuguese wines.

*not as sweet as a Moscato or Riesling

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Thanks for the feedback. In your opinion (and anyone else feel free to chime in), is 1.5 lt (magnum bottle) doing too much. Granted it ain't a jug o wine but this isn't a dinner party either. How would you receive it?

I'm used to buying in bulk (I only buy handles of booze :youngsabo:) so economically that makes sense. Just don't wanna send the wrong message.

Yes the pink is the rose. Yes it is sweet but not to the point that men don't like it. I get it from Total Wine. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Look under Spanish or Portuguese wines.

*not as sweet as a Moscato or Riesling