Coli's Own Inks Production Deal. BRAND NEW SERIES STREAMING TONIGHT!

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Roberto Cruz, Shani Hawes, and Roxzane T. Mims Join Alonge Hawes’s Series ‘Silver & Gold’
JARO Magazine Send an emailApril 15, 2022
0 2 minutes read
Facebook Twitter Tumblr Pinterest Share via Email

edited.jpg

Alonge Hawes, Roxzane T. Mims, Roberto Cruz, and Shani Hawes

Following the announcement of the official title of Alonge Hawes’s series ‘Silver & Gold’, set to debut on Jaro Media this fall, news has broken that Roberto Cruz (Blue Collar Hustle) Shani Hawes (Black On Both Sides) and Roxzane T. Mims (Greenleaf) have officially joined the cast as series regulars.

Created, directed, and written by Hawes, ‘Silver & Gold’ is described as a “blend of comedy, action, drama, and Afro-futurism set against the backdrop of Atlanta’s criminal underground”. No further details or story synopsis have been made available beyond the fact that the talented trio of Cruz Jr, Hawes, and Mims will be joining previously announced series leads Quentin Williams (Blue Collar Hustle) and Brittaney Traylor ( Black On Both Sides).

Alonge Hawes most recently served as the creator, director, writer, and star of the critically acclaimed digital series ‘Black On Both Sides’, which ran for two seasons on Seeka.TV. Before that he was the creator & star of the series ‘Blue Collar Hustle’, which ran for two seasons on both Seeka.TV and Kweli TV.

Roberto Cruz most recently directed the upcoming documentary ‘It Was Written’, the story of his seven-year-old daughter, basketball phenom Sosa Cruz. Previously he co-starred in both ‘Black On Both Sides’ and ‘Blue Collar Hustle’ alongside Hawes, the latter for which he won a producer’s award from the Southern Shorts Film Awards. Cruz is repped by Sourgang Entertainment.

Shani Hawes, a frequent collaborator of her brother, most recently co-starred in both seasons of ‘Black On Both Sides’, for which she was bestowed the Platinum award for Best Actress by the L.A. Shorts Awards. She also served as producer and co-star for ‘Blue Collar Hustle’, for which she was named Best Actress by the Virgin Spring Cinefest for the series’ first season.

Roxzane T. Mims, a 40 year veteran of both film and television, was most recently seen on the Starz Channel original series ‘P-Valley’. She also co-starred for five seasons on the OWN Network original series Greenleaf. Mims is repped by Houghton Talent Inc.

‘Silver & Gold’ is executive produced by Hawes under his company A Million Stories One Pen Productions. Jamal Mcclendon, Cordarol Sanders, Shani Hawes, Quentin Williams, Joshua Dennard, and Rodderick Fedd serve as producers.

Jaro Media provides on-demand streaming access to a world of African American and Afrocentric digital media including video, visual arts, books, and music. Jaro’s unique platform integrates social media, customer control, and media access into an innovative user experience.

Roberto Cruz, Shani Hawes, and Roxzane T. Mims Join Alonge Hawes’s Series ‘Silver & Gold' - JARO Magazine

@Illeye buckmatic @Easy-E @Esco @-DMP- @MartyMcFly @True Blue Moon @Rekkapryde @krackdagawd @JoelB @LinusCaldwell @General Mills @Born2BKing @spliz @MajesticLion @ghostwriterx @NormanConnors @Soymuscle Mike @Milk N Cookies @MoonGoddess @Colicat @Booksnrain @CarmelBarbie @Piff Perkins @ModernGameHero @Liu Kang @Soundbwoy @Henry Orbit @Love Bizarre @IllmaticDelta @LauderdaleBoss

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Roberto Cruz, Shani Hawes, and Roxzane T. Mims Join Alonge Hawes’s Series ‘Silver & Gold’
JARO Magazine Send an emailApril 15, 2022
0 2 minutes read
Facebook Twitter Tumblr Pinterest Share via Email

edited.jpg

Alonge Hawes, Roxzane T. Mims, Roberto Cruz, and Shani Hawes

Following the announcement of the official title of Alonge Hawes’s series ‘Silver & Gold’, set to debut on Jaro Media this fall, news has broken that Roberto Cruz (Blue Collar Hustle) Shani Hawes (Black On Both Sides) and Roxzane T. Mims (Greenleaf) have officially joined the cast as series regulars.

Created, directed, and written by Hawes, ‘Silver & Gold’ is described as a “blend of comedy, action, drama, and Afro-futurism set against the backdrop of Atlanta’s criminal underground”. No further details or story synopsis have been made available beyond the fact that the talented trio of Cruz Jr, Hawes, and Mims will be joining previously announced series leads Quentin Williams (Blue Collar Hustle) and Brittaney Traylor ( Black On Both Sides).

Alonge Hawes most recently served as the creator, director, writer, and star of the critically acclaimed digital series ‘Black On Both Sides’, which ran for two seasons on Seeka.TV. Before that he was the creator & star of the series ‘Blue Collar Hustle’, which ran for two seasons on both Seeka.TV and Kweli TV.

Roberto Cruz most recently directed the upcoming documentary ‘It Was Written’, the story of his seven-year-old daughter, basketball phenom Sosa Cruz. Previously he co-starred in both ‘Black On Both Sides’ and ‘Blue Collar Hustle’ alongside Hawes, the latter for which he won a producer’s award from the Southern Shorts Film Awards. Cruz is repped by Sourgang Entertainment.

Shani Hawes, a frequent collaborator of her brother, most recently co-starred in both seasons of ‘Black On Both Sides’, for which she was bestowed the Platinum award for Best Actress by the L.A. Shorts Awards. She also served as producer and co-star for ‘Blue Collar Hustle’, for which she was named Best Actress by the Virgin Spring Cinefest for the series’ first season.

Roxzane T. Mims, a 40 year veteran of both film and television, was most recently seen on the Starz Channel original series ‘P-Valley’. She also co-starred for five seasons on the OWN Network original series Greenleaf. Mims is repped by Houghton Talent Inc.

‘Silver & Gold’ is executive produced by Hawes under his company A Million Stories One Pen Productions. Jamal Mcclendon, Cordarol Sanders, Shani Hawes, Quentin Williams, Joshua Dennard, and Rodderick Fedd serve as producers.

Jaro Media provides on-demand streaming access to a world of African American and Afrocentric digital media including video, visual arts, books, and music. Jaro’s unique platform integrates social media, customer control, and media access into an innovative user experience.

Roberto Cruz, Shani Hawes, and Roxzane T. Mims Join Alonge Hawes’s Series ‘Silver & Gold' - JARO Magazine

@Illeye buckmatic @Easy-E @Esco @-DMP- @MartyMcFly @True Blue Moon @Rekkapryde @krackdagawd @JoelB @LinusCaldwell @General Mills @Born2BKing @spliz @MajesticLion @ghostwriterx @NormanConnors @Soymuscle Mike @Milk N Cookies @MoonGoddess @Colicat @Booksnrain @CarmelBarbie @Piff Perkins @ModernGameHero @Liu Kang @Soundbwoy @Henry Orbit @Love Bizarre @IllmaticDelta @LauderdaleBoss

congratulations.:smile:

Which one are you?

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Alonge, who is possibly picking up Silver & Gold ? And the same for It is Written? And who is the biggest name to hit you up on your projects so far??

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Alonge, who is possibly picking up Silver & Gold ? And the same for It is Written? And who is the biggest name to hit you up on your projects so far??

1).Silver & Gold has been picked up by Jaro Media

African Diaspora Online Magazine & Podcast Network | JARO Magazine

2). It Was Written we’re shopping right now but it could possibly end up on Youtube. I’m executive producing that project but i’m not in charge of it, ultimately Roberto and his family will decide the right distribution method that works for them.

The “biggest” name as far as actors or distributors?

If we’re talking actors there have been a bunch of semi-famous character actors i’ve had conversations with about working with them in the future, nobody super famous or A-list as of the moment, but I prefer to work with my team whose been down with me and supported me from the beginning. Plus I like giving opportunities to new and upcoming talent.

For distribution the biggest is probably still either Seeka or Kweli TV. Creative control is HUGE for me and I won’t give up an INCH of it. Also there’s an element of ownership in my I.P. that I retain as well. The goal is to have as much work as possible put out so when the time comes to have the conversations with bigger streamers I have leverage to maintain creative control and an ownership stake.