College Applications

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
i'd agree with you for a meaningful number, but a difference of about a hundred isn't meaningful.

I would not agree that a few hundred isn’t meaningful, all uc’s have a different vibe racially and in other things, black student populations have always been a tiny minority in all uc campuses

going back to the ending of AA in the UC system, changes in black populations have always been counted in the 100s if not dozens

A hundred more black students make a real difference in the size of clubs and black organizations on campus

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Bout to share some of this info wit my barber's son, she's pretty much in the same situation. He wants to do premed and has a 3.6 gpa.....

I'm trying help them along the process but they're worried about having to take out loans....

Last time I checked in I told them to start narrowing where they want to go. Someone geared him towards CSUSB ( :mjlol: ) and UCI ( :whoa: )

Any other ivies or private schools besides Stanford that are well endowed that I might be able to suggest that they apply too?

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
what's wrong with UCI? they're an AAU school.

Here are two other private schools with generous income based financial packages: Duke and Vanderbilt. UNC-Chapel Hill on the public side as well.

College Raptor can help by estimating the financial aid that you’ll receive from every college in the country
College Match | Find the right college with College Raptor

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
what's wrong with UCI? they're an AAU school.

Here are two other private schools with generous income based financial packages: Duke and Vanderbilt. UNC-Chapel Hill on the public side as well.

College Raptor can help by estimating the financial aid that you’ll receive from every college in the country
College Match | Find the right college with College Raptor
Campus life at uci.
It's in orange county, plus Irvine is hella dead. Not the place I'd recommend for a young person of color.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Campus life at uci.
It's in orange county, plus Irvine is hella dead. Not the place I'd recommend for a young person of color.
shyt, i'd recommend them if that's the best academic school they get in. might even do better in school with less distractions.

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
any updates?
Hey, so my god sister is attending UCSD on a full ride as a biology major. She got accepted to UCI waitlisted at Berkeley, rejected from USC, UCLA, UCD. One quick thing that I would want to mention is make sure they aren't selling themselves short on the universities process. They should be working on those essay in the summer and prepping for the SAT as soon as they hit sophomore year in high school.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Hey, so my god sister is attending UCSD on a full ride as a biology major. She got accepted to UCI waitlisted at Berkeley, rejected from USC, UCLA, UCD. One quick thing that I would want to mention is make sure they aren't selling themselves short on the universities process. They should be working on those essay in the summer and prepping for the SAT as soon as they hit sophomore year in high school.
good for her, i like UCSD. i'm real happy to hear this.