Colorado Grandmother w/ Dementia Shoulder Dislocated and Bones Broken by Aggressive Cops

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@Dorian Gray

3 officers resign in rough arrest of woman with dementia
an hour ago

DENVER (AP) — Three Colorado police officers involved in the arrest of a 73-year-old woman with dementia who was shown being pushed to the ground and handcuffed on body camera footage have resigned, police said Friday.

Loveland Police Chief Robert Ticer announced the departures of Officers Austin Hopp and Daria Jalali and Community Services Officer Tyler Blackett in connection to the arrest of Karen Garner at a news conference, without providing details about how they left. But department spokesman Tom Hacker later confirmed they had resigned.

Ticer noted that the treatment of Garner in the city about 50 miles (80 kilometers) north of Denver, last year had led to an outpouring of concern and anger in the community, the country and around the world and apologized.

“Our goal at the Loveland Police Department has always been to make our community proud. We failed and we are very sorry for that,” he said.

After Garner filed a federal lawsuit this month and her lawyer released body camera footage of her arrest, the department announced it was putting Hopp, the arresting officer, on leave. Jalali and Blackett were put on leave later, as was a sergeant. The sergeant remains on leave.

The officers could not be reached for comment on Friday.

Hopp, Jalali and Blackett were seen on surveillance video released by Garner’s lawyer this week watching Hopp’s body camera footage while Garner sat handcuffed in a holding cell nearby. Garner’s lawsuit said Hopp dislocated her shoulder during the arrest and that she did not receive medical care for about six hours after being taken to the county jail.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Exactly. They act like it’s them vs us. And they are tone deaf and just overall don’t give a fukk.
You would think with the addition of body cams the cops would at least Pretend to act right. But nah. They have the police union backing them. Qualified Immunity backing them. The republicans backing them. And the Blue Line backing them.

they have guns. They are organized. And they are mobile. Even if they fukk up they don’t pay for it. The taxpayers do.

Look at how ridiculous and backwards this is. For 14 bucks a cop probably making 80grand a year plus can Jack her up. Then sit around and joke with his other buddies who all probably make close to a 100 grand a year. All while on the clock.

You right. When the cops fukk up THEY need to pay for it, take that shyt directly out of that departments pension fund. Bet if their retirement was gonna get fukked up they would be hesitant to pull some of that shyt.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
The whole entire institution of law enforcement in this country needs to be purged. The problem isn't training. Its police culture that is the problem.
Yeah the dumb bytch trying to join the boys club talking about I didn’t want y’all to think I wasn’t fighting :gucci: and ole boy flirting trying to fukk her dumb ass but the craziest part these idiots knew their conversation were being recorded and still said this shyt:dahell:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
@Dorian Gray

3 officers resign in rough arrest of woman with dementia
an hour ago

DENVER (AP) — Three Colorado police officers involved in the arrest of a 73-year-old woman with dementia who was shown being pushed to the ground and handcuffed on body camera footage have resigned, police said Friday.

Loveland Police Chief Robert Ticer announced the departures of Officers Austin Hopp and Daria Jalali and Community Services Officer Tyler Blackett in connection to the arrest of Karen Garner at a news conference, without providing details about how they left. But department spokesman Tom Hacker later confirmed they had resigned.

Ticer noted that the treatment of Garner in the city about 50 miles (80 kilometers) north of Denver, last year had led to an outpouring of concern and anger in the community, the country and around the world and apologized.

“Our goal at the Loveland Police Department has always been to make our community proud. We failed and we are very sorry for that,” he said.

After Garner filed a federal lawsuit this month and her lawyer released body camera footage of her arrest, the department announced it was putting Hopp, the arresting officer, on leave. Jalali and Blackett were put on leave later, as was a sergeant. The sergeant remains on leave.

The officers could not be reached for comment on Friday.

Hopp, Jalali and Blackett were seen on surveillance video released by Garner’s lawyer this week watching Hopp’s body camera footage while Garner sat handcuffed in a holding cell nearby. Garner’s lawsuit said Hopp dislocated her shoulder during the arrest and that she did not receive medical care for about six hours after being taken to the county jail.

I wonder if theres a pubic database of dirty cops that are fired or resign. I just know these b*stards just go a town over to another department and continue their reign of terror:snoop:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I don't give a fukk about this Cave bytch
tenor.gif

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Hire psychopaths to enforce the law brehs.

And that woman cop knew this shyt was wrong but was more concerned about being accepted as one of the boys than doing the right thing.
Yep which is why I don't fukk with cops at all. Either they are out here doing fukkshyt or they silently sit back and let it happen:pacspit:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah the dumb bytch trying to join the boys club talking about I didn’t want y’all to think I wasn’t fighting :gucci: and ole boy flirting trying to fukk her dumb ass but the craziest part these idiots knew their conversation were being recorded and still said this shyt:dahell:
That shows how typical that behavior is. 9 times out of 10, the police do not get disciplined

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I wonder if theres a pubic database of dirty cops that are fired or resign. I just know these b*stards just go a town over to another department and continue their reign of terror:snoop:
Many states have bills pending or laws on the books that have databases that law enforcement agencies can trace an officer's record. All spurred by the brutality and murders done by police the past ten years.

I think the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act proposes a national database.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

DA announces criminal charges against 2 former Loveland officers in arrest of elderly woman
May 19, 2021
Two former Loveland police officers face criminal charges for how they handled the June 2020 arrest of an elderly woman with dementia.

Former officers Austin Hopp and Daria Jalali each face three charges related to the arrest of Loveland resident Karen Garner, District Attorney Gordon McLaughlin announced during a Wednesday afternoon news conference.

"It is my ethical duty to apply the facts as they exist to the law as it is written," McLaughlin said. "Our considered decision in this case today is that criminal charges should and have been filed against two former Loveland police officers."

Hopp has been charged with:

• Second-degree assault causing serious bodily injury, a Class 3 felony
  • Attempt to influence a public servant, a Class 4 felony
  • Official misconduct, a Class 2 misdemeanor
Jalali has been charged with:

• Peace officer failing to report use of force, a Class 1 misdemeanor
  • Peace officer failing to intervene, a Class 2 misdemeanor
  • Official misconduct, a Class 2 misdemeanor
"While peace officers are permitted to use reasonable force to effect an arrest, the investigation in this case showed that Austin Hopp used excessive force in the arrest of Ms. Garner, and that resulted in serious bodily injury," McLaughlin said.

Hopp also made "substantial omissions" in his report of the arrest "in an attempt to thwart the investigation of his conduct," McLaughlin said.

McLaughlin said the investigation showed Jalali witnessed the excessive force and "failed to live up to her duties under the law and as a sworn peace officer to either intervene or report ... that conduct."

"I fully support these charges," Loveland Police Chief Robert Ticer said in a separate news conference Wednesday afternoon. Ticer said the "charges speak for themselves" and the actions of the former officers do not reflect the culture of the department.