Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's a classic song, but 600 million streams, though? :patrice:It didn’t even make the Hot 100 when it originally dropped in 2007.

For reference, That’s The Way Love Goes by Janet was a #1 smash hit in 1993 (topped the Hot 100 for 8 weeks) and has 125 million streams on Spotify.

Something else is at play here. It must of went viral on TikTok or something.

I’m just providing context for how it COULD be that popular.

I don’t know either way but it seems here on the Coli when black men accomplish something amazing the first thing to do is question the authenticity of said accomplishment. I’d rather look at the means to support than the means to tear down

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

I don’t know either way but it seems here on the Coli when black men accomplish something amazing the first thing to do is question the authenticity of said accomplishment. I’d rather look at the means to support than the means to tear down

:pachaha:

You'd have an argument if it was Biggie, or Pac, or Jay, or Ye pushing 600 million streams on spotify.

But Common? Nah, it's some fukkeryy afoot.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:pachaha:

You'd have an argument if it was Biggie, or Pac, or Jay, or Ye pushing 600 million streams on spotify.

Cut Common? Nah, it's some fukkeryy afoot.

Has Common EVER been involved or implicated in ANY type of fukkery? I’ve literally never heard of the man being involved in anything fugazi or any scams whatsoever

Dude is as positive and squeaky clean as it gets.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Look at the icon. It's on a bunch of playlists.

LOOK AT THE ALBUM COVER...

:devil:
:evil:

How can you find the other playlists a song is featured on?

9t2Am8i.png

gjLkwm0.png

Common is still the most played record on this playlist....by a considerable margin.

Its the Dwele stimulus package :wow:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

Nah, thats not applicable here cause it’s not doing numbers on any other platform. This is Spotify specific.

detroit devil 3

All Star
Daps
It's possible everyone's looking it up and giving it listens by accident, perhaps there's another track by a completely or relatively unknown artist called "People" that recently blew up and everyone thinks its commons version because it's one of the only songs that pop up when you type the song "people" in spotify

edit: i was right

just my theory

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Yeah, it’s stream trolling. Has to be

OP made this thread on aug 5 and it had 611M

as I type this today Aug 17, this song has 619M

So it got 8 million more plays in 12 days, when Common ONLY gets 2.2 monthly listeners

Nah, ain’t no fukking way :francis:

hypothetically speaking, how does one acquire a Stream Farm :jbhmm:

I wanna give Nas & Mach Hommy 600m streams too ....you think Nap cousins could give me a discount:mjcry: