Community college is now free for Mass. residents 25 and older. Millions qualify

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
If they offer free education in community College I'm geauxin back to get a degree in CPUs and then get my certs. Wouldn't hurt to have a guaranteed check ever 2 weeks cause this art shyt is slow.
I've seen the posts of your great work and think you could sell out during Art Miami/ Art Basel Week.
I used to pick-up and ship art for buyers when I was a courier in the Miami Midtown area. Art Basel on Miami Beach is bougie but the artists make out in all venues. Celebs tour both Beach and Mainland shows!

Art Miami Dec. 5-10/ 2023

FLOYD MAYWEATHERSPENDS $1.7 MILLION AT MIAMI ART SHOW... Warhol, Calder, Robert Indiana​

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Nice one on Massachusetts.
I went to community college in Conn and the price for the great education was a pittance, and it helped me be a productive member of society.
I blew a full free ride track scholarship out of high school at Western Conn State University because of major fam upheaval and running the streets for a couple of years.

HCC recently sent me this letter on local community colleges joining the statewide system. My daughters and 2 grands graduated from Southern Conn U in New Haven.

And I may need to get my old azz up the road and check out who this China Byrd chick is. :laugh:

dP7LNOe.jpg

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I`m confused wasn`t community college already free with fafsa covering it? at least I was able to get a free education with FAFSA, while also getting paid from fafsa so does that not happen often?
I believe that it doesn’t cover the cost completely and a lot of it includes loans.

Grants are typically limited to a certain amount of terms, so if you fail too many times you’re basically forced to get a loan.

• Dap
Reactions: Yas

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Are you sure it's state-wide? This article from April suggests that it was only true in certain countries.

The whole state

So looks requirements are income must be less than 150k for family or 100k single parent and must have at least 2.3 high school GPA. Very reasonable. It's been live for about 2 years now

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The whole state

So looks requirements are income must be less than 150k for family or 100k single parent and must have at least 2.3 high school GPA. Very reasonable. It's been live for about 2 years now

That's confusing, then what is the Baltimore Sun talking about with this statement from this year?

”This isn’t exactly a new concept. But past efforts have been limited and temporary. In Maryland, only Prince George’s and Garrett counties have developed similar “last dollar” programs (meaning they build on financial aid from other sources) with no attached service obligations, so this will be the first in Baltimore area."

Is the issue just that the GPA requirement excludes too many students, or is something else missing?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It’s not free now but it should be free again.

Before 1980 and Ronald Reagan, 4 year colleges were damn near free. Law School erased your loans if it wasn't paid back in 5 years.

Reagan fukked it up by privatizing everything.