Computer and internet privacy thread

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
:russ: @ using 2 browsers. Doesn't matter how many browsers you use, you're still vulnerable. VPNs are one of the best things you can do for privacy.

It's about layering not single point of failure defense. If you're not sharing cookies between browsers you're not sharing them with social media either. That's why I never my browsing habits showing up in Facebook.

Geek Nasty

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I've worked and done work in Cyber Sec for 8-9 years, your advice was sound for 3-5. Everything else is embarrassing

Your phone, your apps, google, etc are spying on you.. and collecting data every second with everything you write.

Basic stuff that anyone can do - social media and privacy do not go hand to hand (you don't want anything to be shared, stay off of it completely), No mentions of VPN, strong password - not using the same password for different places, changing your password frequently, stay on websites with hypertext transfer protocol (https), do not download bullshyt software from sketchy links, do not use outside wifi for anything involving your passwords or personal information, do not sign up to places with your full identity (use fake birth, different usernames, passwords, security question, like OP said isolate certain situations like trading, paying bills online, buying things, involving a lot of personal information, secure your router

- you need to look at security backwards - trace your steps and see what holes you are creating for someone to get access into ruining your life

Some of you guys are just trolling children. You could have chimed in with that up front instead of starting off with trolling comments.

I use a VPN and separate auto-generated passwords for every account as well. My list was a starting point not an ending poiint.

Geek Nasty

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
You want him to install 2 antivirus programs?

I've almost always run 2 separate apps. If I need to set up nightly scans, I figure out about how much time each needs and make sure there's an hour or so between one finishing, the other completing. Like I said, I try to layer everything and I've seen them each pick up things the other didn't.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
I've almost always run 2 separate apps. If I need to set up nightly scans, I figure out about how much time each needs and make sure there's an hour or so between one finishing, the other completing. Like I said, I try to layer everything and I've seen them each pick up things the other didn't.

I should be able to run Norton and Mcafee with no problems?

Geek Nasty

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I've never tried, some AVs don't work together. Some treat each other as suspicious and cause problems. Windows defender didn't used to work well with others, but I think it does now

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
I've never tried, some AVs don't work together. Some treat each other as suspicious and cause problems. Windows defender didn't used to work well with others, but I think it does now

What browsers should I use? Netscape and Internet Explore? Aol?

Balla

Superstar
Daps
What yall recommend for phones? Like virus scans n shyt?

Creepn

All Star
Daps
It's about layering not single point of failure defense. If you're not sharing cookies between browsers you're not sharing them with social media either. That's why I never my browsing habits showing up in Facebook.
There's no layering using different browsers. You're still gonna get tracked. If you're concerned about cookies n whatnot, just use incognito mode instead of wasting memory opening different browsers. That is essentially what you are doing.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Using Facebook container and Privacy Badger.. it might "break" some sites for you.. but fukk it.

fukk Zuckerberg

Also running Noscript, Ghostery, uBlock Origin, and Disconnect