Confessions of a Fight Fixer (Mitch Blood Green Excerpt)

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
what fights u believe that were fixed?

I know burley had to take dives cause of taxes/or loan shark mobs.

mafia messed up a lot of stuff back then in boxing. like man u never know in the old days.
theres no need to guess. any fighter affiliated with the mob was taking dives or fighting guys who were taking dives. i think a lot of sonny listons knockouts look funny and being that he was a mob guy that may be the reason why all he had to do was tip those guys over to knock them out. willie pep was well connected with the mob. he had those two huge undefeated streaks. but how many of those guys taking dives. i remember him being asked about the mob in an interview and he got real jumpy about it. a lot of these up and comers fight guys who take dives. a lot of guys who have a big fight coming up in their next fight will fight guys who take dives. benny baez probably took a dive to pernell whitaker. whitaker had that fight coming up with buddy mcgirt in a couple months. i think this guy eric molina probably took a dive to anthony joshua to set the klistchko fight up. slid down to the canvas but he never really looked out of it. i always look at guys eyes. i look at the eyes when they come in the ring, i look at eyes when they get hit with a big shot to check if they saw it or not, i look at eyes to see if they are really hurt. i check to see where the punch landed, if it had follow through, if it had weight transfer, shock, etc. so i check for a lot of things. and sometimes, not everything checks out the way its supposed to.

the type of dive you see the most is a guy will take a shot, sell it a little, go down, not try to get up, or cover up and wait for the stoppage or go down again on a bunch of little bullshyt punches. ref wave it off cause the ref is in on it. promoter is happy, networks are happy, boxing fans are happy. and thats the way its been for a while.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
i think this guy eric molina probably took a dive to anthony joshua to set the klistchko fight up. slid down to the canvas but he never really looked out of it. i always look at guys eyes. i look at the eyes when they come in the ring, i look at eyes when they get hit with a big shot to check if they saw it or not, i look at eyes to see if they are really hurt. i check to see where the punch landed, if it had follow through, if it had weight transfer, shock, etc. so i check for a lot of things. and sometimes, not everything checks out the way its supposed to.

What about Joshua/Charles Martin?

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
theres no need to guess. any fighter affiliated with the mob was taking dives or fighting guys who were taking dives. i think a lot of sonny listons knockouts look funny and being that he was a mob guy that may be the reason why all he had to do was tip those guys over to knock them out. willie pep was well connected with the mob. he had those two huge undefeated streaks. but how many of those guys taking dives. i remember him being asked about the mob in an interview and he got real jumpy about it. a lot of these up and comers fight guys who take dives. a lot of guys who have a big fight coming up in their next fight will fight guys who take dives. benny baez probably took a dive to pernell whitaker. whitaker had that fight coming up with buddy mcgirt in a couple months. i think this guy eric molina probably took a dive to anthony joshua to set the klistchko fight up. slid down to the canvas but he never really looked out of it. i always look at guys eyes. i look at the eyes when they come in the ring, i look at eyes when they get hit with a big shot to check if they saw it or not, i look at eyes to see if they are really hurt. i check to see where the punch landed, if it had follow through, if it had weight transfer, shock, etc. so i check for a lot of things. and sometimes, not everything checks out the way its supposed to.

the type of dive you see the most is a guy will take a shot, sell it a little, go down, not try to get up, or cover up and wait for the stoppage or go down again on a bunch of little bullshyt punches. ref wave it off cause the ref is in on it. promoter is happy, networks are happy, boxing fans are happy. and thats the way its been for a while.

:ohhh:

so are the boxers that take dives getting extra change under the table? shyt that's the only way I see someone doing that consistently.

so if molina took a dive vs josh, will they let the klistchko fight go honest or will they make that a fix for josh since its more money in josh cause he younger....:ohhh:

Last edited:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
:ohhh:

so are the boxers that take dives getting extra change under the table? shyt that's the only way I see someone doing that consistently.

Often times, the reason a guy is getting a fight in the first place is because he’s expected to lose. For so, so many fighters out there, your business is being an opponent.

Darnell Boone strikes me 100% as someone deeply involved in fight fixes.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Often times, the reason a guy is getting a fight in the first place is because he’s expected to lose. For so, so many fighters out there, your business is being an opponent.

Darnell Boone strikes me 100% as someone deeply involved in fight fixes.

or how somebody like zuri lawrence could not register not 1 single knockout at heavyweight :mindblown:..no one is that featherfisted without any history of hand injuries

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
or how somebody like zuri lawrence could not register not 1 single knockout at heavyweight :mindblown:..no one is that featherfisted without any history of hand injuries
Speaking of things that weren't supposed to happen, that Sosnowski fight :wow: Just like that Mitch Green story, they probably didn't think they even needed the extra couple hundred bucks just to confirm that he was going to lose, then that happened :damn:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I mean in a sport where you literally got dudes referred to as 'opponents' you know what time it is.

Watch the doc @morris posted that heavily features young #LetsGoChamp and the Duva's. Match-makers are grimey. I mean shyt managers are too, Michael Koncz works for Bob Arum moreso than Pac-Man :heh: Duva's I guarantee are still dirty 100% It really makes you wonder which fights aren't fixed.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I believe Jeremy Williams came out and said he'd been involved in fixed fights.....

That heavyweight from Denmark, I believe, Brian Nielsen, has also been accused of having fixed fights... one of which was against Jeremy Williams

Seth Mitchell-Jonathon Banks 2 I firmly believe was fixed....

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I believe Jeremy Williams came out and said he'd been involved in fixed fights.....

That heavyweight from Denmark, I believe, Brian Nielsen, has also been accused of having fixed fights... one of which was against Jeremy Williams

Seth Mitchell-Jonathon Banks 2 I firmly believe was fixed....

jeremy williams was the man in the amateurs but i always thought he just lacked the talent to get the next level in the pros..there were too many fights which dude struggled with lesser fighters that had no real upside (i.e vs legendary HW journeyman of the 90s marion wilson) for me to think he threw fights

nielsen was and always a joke to me..i used to read about him on cbz and be like how does this guy win fights period :dahell:

mitchell-banks fights..there was some fukkery both in plain view and behind scenese...one of the biggest gambling gimmies ive ever seen was seeing banks as a significant underdog against seth mitchell..this was when i was taking a break from gambling so i didnt bite but i knew what time it was..no surprise when mitchell got destroyed..the rematch was pure fukkery...you can just see banks fighting not to hurt him....that was :patrice: to me..mitchell wasn't doing a damn thing except getting wobbled the few times banks opened up..it was bullshyt...it sucks though because it led to a sink or swim moment that pretty much ended his career...:mjlol: at the gambling fukkery that the over/under was like 2 or 3 rounds for the arreola fight..never see anything like that

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fixed fights are apart of the game.

I always say if it looks fishy, it was fixed. No need to guess. If it's suspect, 95% of the chance that there is a fix.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
walters/loma then?

that looked fishy the way he just gave up not hurt.

With Walters/Loma, I never got the impression. Walters was trying to work the entire fight. He wasn't holding back. There wasn't a weird ending where he intentionally tried to get knocked out or dive out of the ring. Basically there wasn't any weird shyt imo.

Walters could have went the whole 12 rounds. He was frustrated how the fight was unfolding and quit.

Now, if he wasn't actually trying to entire fight, and proceeded to quit like that, a fix would be likely. However, he was actually trying to work.

Also, Walters-Loma being fixed just doesn't make sense.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
With Walters/Loma, I never got the impression. Walters was trying to work the entire fight. He wasn't holding back. There wasn't a weird ending where he intentionally tried to get knocked out or dive out of the ring. Basically there wasn't any weird shyt imo.

Walters could have went the whole 12 rounds. He was frustrated how the fight was unfolding and quit.

Now, if he wasn't actually trying to entire fight, and proceeded to quit like that, a fix would be likely. However, he was actually trying to work.

Also, Walters-Loma being fixed just doesn't make sense.

maybe.

I can see why some people don't like talking about his fix shyt though.....it just opens up a can of worms. old days easier cause of connections to the mob. ill keep this thread in mind and post fights I feel that are iffy and get yall opinion.(old fights too.)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe.

I can see why some people don't like talking about his fix shyt though.....it just opens up a can of worms. old days easier cause of connections to the mob. ill keep this thread in mind and post fights I feel that are iffy and get yall opinion.(old fights too.)

A lot of people don't like talking about it, because they are naive or in denial. They don't like the idea of one of their favorite fighters win being diminished.

Fixed fights are part of the sport though.