Cool Breeze Red Bull interview 2019

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Red Bull Music Academy Daily

:francis: 20+ years later and this nikka still bitter about that dirty south shyt.

Yeah, he is agitated about missing out on his opportunity to shine. His guest verses on dungeon family albums to finally have his own album did take about 4 years to materialize.

His debut was good, though. It just did get those sales like OutKast and Goodie Mob.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yeah, he is agitated about missing out on his opportunity to shine. His guest verses on dungeon family albums to finally have his own album did take about 4 years to materialize.

His debut was good, though. It just did get those sales like OutKast and Goodie Mob.
His second single threw people off but that shyt was crunk before the wave.

Dude was too early on everything for his own good.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

It's his own fault for not being dedicated and writing.:yeshrug:

Instead of moving on, he's chose to be bitter about that dirty south shyt for almost 25 years.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
It's his own fault for not being dedicated and writing.:yeshrug:

Instead of moving on, he's chose to be bitter about that dirty south shyt for almost 25 years.

Breh, I’m not the bitter type but dude has a legit reason to big aggy. Breh, was on the cusp of the south’s breakthrough and satelliting around major players. Just listening to his album this morning and hearing this verse off of Tenn Points with 8ball had me in awe.
I told you dirty Jed Clampett tried to front me some weight
This time he pushed me in his house, and had it layed on the plate
He had stacks of it packed all down in these crates
Stampin' BDF, nothin' but that flake
See, the only way the Southcoast will ever become
We gotta all come together, and become as one
When they say "What's your name?"
We say "Where you from?"
When they "What you say?"
We say "Come get some!"
We make any click or crew, run and call the cops
Picallo said play with the bomb, and y'all get knocked off top

Dude, prophetically predicted the South/Atlanta monstrous rise. And he wasn’t apart of...

Just think right at the time his album came out No limit was coming down from their height. Cash Money was rising up and this is before OutKast really goes into the stratosphere with Stankonia.

His style was really the launchpad for the T.I.s and Jezzy’s. Now, mind you I don’t know breh, he probably wasn’t working as hard as he should have, I can’t say for sure.

But, his debut album was solid as fukk and it had lots of layers, it wasn’t just about trapping. To me it’s natural for breh to be kicking himself, look at what trap music has grown to. And, he literally was one of the shadow architects of it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
.......Now, mind you I don’t know breh, he probably wasn’t working as hard as he should have, I can’t say for sure.

But, his debut album was solid as fukk and it had lots of layers, it wasn’t just about trapping. To me it’s natural for breh to be kicking himself, look at what trap music has grown to. And, he literally was one of the shadow architects of it.

Cool Breeze always had a chip on his shoulders but it didnt translate into him working harder plus he was deflated when the label lowered his position on the totem pole once them numbers wasn't coming in like his other family members....
Goodie Mob and Outkast were selling like hotcakes
Witchdoctor and Cool Breeze not so much
The difference is Witchdoctor didnt let that saltyness show while Cool Breeze got in his feelings and I can't stress enough how the substance abuse only made it worse for him- those dark thoughts start to manifest ugly.
I really feel if he had just coasted along and kept doing his lane even independent he would have got his reward.

I think T-pain is a great example of someone whose style got jacked but he stayed moving and let the planets realign later for him without showing bitterness.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Breh, I’m not the bitter type but dude has a legit reason to big aggy. Breh, was on the cusp of the south’s breakthrough and satelliting around major players. Just listening to his album this morning and hearing this verse off of Tenn Points with 8ball had me in awe.

Dude, prophetically predicted the South/Atlanta monstrous rise. And he wasn’t apart of...

Just think right at the time his album came out No limit was coming down from their height. Cash Money was rising up and this is before OutKast really goes into the stratosphere with Stankonia.

His style was really the launchpad for the T.I.s and Jezzy’s. Now, mind you I don’t know breh, he probably wasn’t working as hard as he should have, I can’t say for sure.

That's his own damn fault for not dropping anything else. Everybody done dropped mutliple projects expect him.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Cool Breeze always had a chip on his shoulders but it didnt translate into him working harder plus he was deflated when the label lowered his position on the totem pole once them numbers wasn't coming in like his other family members....
Goodie Mob and Outkast were selling like hotcakes
Witchdoctor and Cool Breeze not so much
The difference is Witchdoctor didnt let that saltyness show while Cool Breeze got in his feelings and I can't stress enough how the substance abuse only made it worse for him- those dark thoughts start to manifest ugly.
I really feel if he had just coasted along and kept doing his lane even independent he would have got his reward.

I think T-pain is a great example of someone whose style got jacked but he stayed moving and let the planets realign later for him without showing bitterness.

Well said, breh. I hope it didn’t come off like I was excusing his bitterness. Just coming from a point of sympathy.

I didn’t know he experienced problems with substance abuse.

What was it, alcohol?

Last edited:

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
He has a right to feel how he does.. I wanted that Second Album and it's a shame we didnt get it..

WitchDoctor album was heavily slept on as well..

DMX has substance abuse problems all throughout his career.. Didnt stop him.

I think the Fact that he was The only True Street Dude in The Crew played a Major Role in things as well..

In the article he referred to Outkast as Kiddie Music at the time.. So i can imagine some of the behind the scenes shyt that took place lol

Plus the fact Gipp was out performing the song without him.. and they was supposed to be tight got shyt off on the wrong foot...