Cool Breeze Red Bull interview 2019

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I knew nu'n about this. Elaborate.

I wont go into it but there was a great article on Rico from Dungeon Family and it touches on some of his issues.
The difference is Rico laid low when it was bad and was productive when he was functioning.
Cool Breeze was all over the place and highly erratic and it was not weed/alcohol doing all that.
Went from recreational to wreckage.
I don't know if he's clean now but from his current attitude/energy the damage has prolly already been done.
Stuff will have you burnt out remembering things that didn't ever happen.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
A lot of it had to do with LaFace Records and their efforts to make (all of) them mainstream.
They wanted Outkast to be just CeeLo and Andre (the two eclectic guys) and wanted to throw Big Boi into Goodie Mob.

That sounds like some shyt label heads would do. Dre and Big Boi had crazy chemistry with one another I’m glad that did not come to fruition.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
That sounds like some shyt label heads would do. Dre and Big Boi had crazy chemistry with one another I’m glad that did not come to fruition.
Yeah, i don't know about that. Cee lo being part of kast is known, but big in goodie mob? Never heard of that. Dre wasn't even eclectic back then.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, when you look at Dungeon Family's output at the time, it was hard to follow Aquemini and Still Standing. Does his album measure up to those? What's crazy is neither album had a monster, mega single (even though "Rosa Parks" felt like one).

Listening to Breeze's album, it didn't really stand out the way those did. I felt like he needed more of the Organized Noize sound that they placed Kurupt with that year or even what they did for Eightball & MJG that year. "Watch For The Hook" is one of their best heats and that song is classic IMO, but aside from a few other songs, nothing matches the energy, urgency, or intensity.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, when you look at Dungeon Family's output at the time, it was hard to follow Aquemini and Still Standing. Does his album measure up to those? What's crazy is neither album had a monster, mega single (even though "Rosa Parks" felt like one).

Listening to Breeze's album, it didn't really stand out the way those did. I felt like he needed more of the Organized Noize sound that they placed Kurupt with that year or even what they did for Eightball & MJG that year. "Watch For The Hook" is one of their best heats and that song is classic IMO, but aside from a few other songs, nothing matches the energy, urgency, or intensity.

Cool breeze could have been a star if they marketed him like one. Same as witchdoctor

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Witchdoctor had more albums in between those two but ?????? Some of those songs are from that diary album is from albums after swat
Diary of an American witchdoctor is a compilation of songs from his indy albums.