Cormega - The Realness 2 (Discussion Thread)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Good album. Honestly the only disappointing thing about it is the Nas joint, where he just sounds off. That's a pretty dope, drum heavy beat you'd expect Nas to slay. The other issue is some of the mixing seems off. I'll have to play in the whip to confirm it though. Overall though it's a well crafted, good album and lyrically Mega is on point on every track.

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
Some people thought he had the best verse on Full Circle.

I was going to say they I think I prefer Mega's verse on there overall. And I'll take AZ second honestly...

As for this album, it's pretty dope and I'd say it's definitely a worthy sequel, just wish it was longer and had more tracks.

I know Mega's got to have a ton of dope tracks in the stash like the one he previewed on drink champs, I just hope he decides to release those even if it's just his version of a lost tapes type album...

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does he still sound like he’s reading the lyrics for the first time as he laying his bars and punching them in line by line?

yeah.

Mega is a peculiar dude. He is an arrogant dude that pretends to be super-humble. he handled this album like it was a release from the late 90's. album was done since spring iirc. White Roses was on Sha Money XL album last year (1st verse). like if it takes him this long (havent made an album in like 8 years) then he shouldve came better than a 34 min runtime. album was over-preachy. not one song caught my attention to make me want to hear it again. the production is great, which his albums usual have. outside of the production, this album ranks lower on his discog. he has much better flow and topic/storytelling in his previous works. after running this 3x, I am really not sure what the theme of this album is. supposed to be a sequel but I dont get it. AZ was gone a long time too and even though his album was kinda up and down...his highs were pretty high. this album was 3 out of 5 starts at best and just cant hold my attention with all the other music that comes out weekly.