Cornel west deliverin that ether as usual..,

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I swear people bytch about everything these days what difference does it make if it was MLK's bible or straight from the bookstore?

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
West is an incredibly bright brother but he's becoming a crab when it comes to all things Obama. King was a great man but not a deity. Let that man take his oath and keep it moving.

Dude is becoming a pain in the ass. Dudes like him and Tavis Smiley, constantly up dudes crotches. Let the man breathe damn.

"classic projection of his own comfortably ensconced life at Harvard and Princeton Universities" and that West "offers thin criticism of President Obama and stunning insight into the delicate ego of the self-appointed black leadership class

^Melissa Harris Perry

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Dude is becoming a pain in the ass. Dudes like him and Tavis Smiley, constantly up dudes crotches. Let the man breathe damn.

"classic projection of his own comfortably ensconced life at Harvard and Princeton Universities" and that West "offers thin criticism of President Obama and stunning insight into the delicate ego of the self-appointed black leadership class

^Melissa Harris Perry

That quote says it all. If anything, dudes like West should feel like guilty because they're picking up the self-appointed "black leadership" role and using it for shyt like this.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Yeah-He-mad_U18chan.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He has appoint though...it's kind of hypocritical for a drone bombing, corporate loving president to use the bible of a man who fought and died speaking against economic/social inequality, poverty and the unjust killing of innocents in the name of military action to be sworn into an office where said politician plans to continue bombing with little regard for collateral damage and circle jerking the corporate elite while doing as little as possible for the needy in this country.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
He has appoint though...it's kind of hypocritical for a drone bombing, corporate loving president to use the bible of a man who fought and died speaking against economic/social inequality, poverty and the unjust killing of innocents in the name of military action to be sworn into an office where said politician plans to continue bombing with little regard for collateral damage and circle jerking the corporate elite while doing as little as possible for the needy in this country.

When you are Commander in chief you are the head of the military. And in order to become that you have to raise a lot of money. So it is part of the job description.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
When you are Commander in chief you are the head of the military. And in order to become that you have to raise a lot of money. So it is part of the job description.

I am going to skip over all the things that are inherently wrong with your statement and just say that if that is the case then it is galling for that individual to use MLK's bible as a prop.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Pretty much.

It's becoming difficult to take Dr. West seriously now a days. I'm really trying to understand what his agenda is.

This right here.
I want to believe there's an agenda, a point, a goal. This shyt doesn't come off as checkers let alone chess, it's basically him pissing on anything Obama touches for the sake of pissing.

So much potential and THIS is what he says.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I swear people bytch about everything these days what difference does it make if it was MLK's bible or straight from the bookstore?

Yeah, I'm sure MLK's Bible was just the closest one laying around within easy reach and they just used it out of convenience... :rudy:

I see the inauguration has the bamboozelement factor at high levels. West's points were completely clear and accessible. Yall can call him a hater, but I'd like to see someone dispute anything he said here.