Cornel west deliverin that ether as usual..,

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with many of the assertions made by Dr. West. But for certain, Pres. Obama will not be standing today leading this country without the work of Dr. King whatsoever. I feel Obama placing his hands on King's bible symbolizes one of the successes of the Civil Rights Movement and shows Obama's gratitude towards Dr. King for the groundwork he laid the foundation which made it possible for a person of color to become president.

What does the Civil Rights have to do with Obama and vice versa?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:wtb: Obama doesn't honor anything of King. He uses him in speeches and such as footnotes but where is the action in his words? If he truly honored King's vision, why he doing everything opposite.,

First off its a myth that he's doing EVERYTHING opposite. He has stood for a lot of things Dr. King stood for. In implementing these things you can't compare an activist to a politician. It's much easier to stand on principle when you don't have to appeal to half the country, get elected, and make tough decisions for the entire country.

Second. Again you don't have to emulate a person to honor them. Ain't none of us out here doing what Dr. Kind did but we still honor him.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I am going to skip over all the things that are inherently wrong with your statement and just say that if that is the case then it is galling for that individual to use MLK's bible as a prop.

Galling to who? You? I'm sure no one is losing sleep over that situation. lol

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Yeah, I'm sure MLK's Bible was just the closest one laying around within easy reach and they just used it out of convenience... :rudy:

I see the inauguration has the bamboozelement factor at high levels. West's points were completely clear and accessible. Yall can call him a hater, but I'd like to see someone dispute anything he said here.

It always takes three or four pages and someone saying this before one actually tried to tear apart what Cornell says in this case.

I put in my FB profile two days ago that I'm sickened by folks putting these Obama and MLK together photos up because it does a huge disservice to MLK. So to course, people respond that without MLK there'd be no Obama. I respond by saying if you think all it takes is to black and the President to fulfill MLKs dream, you're shortchanging MLK greatly.