Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:huhldup:. Seems way TF too early for this, especially when other big events this year are either still going virtual or are trying for Q4 at the earliest.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:huhldup:. Seems way TF too early for this, especially when other big events this year are either still going virtual or are trying for Q4 at the earliest.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Wouldn't be shocked if this is 100% true. While I trust the vaccine's safety, I don't fully trust that the Pandemic is a done deal once enough people get it. I just look at the world, and see Antibiotics becoming less effective. Life always finds a way no matter how much we try to control it, because while we are the dominant species, that doesn't mean we still get a free pass.
The Spanish Flu, which is what this pandemic is often compared to, lasted 3 years, We're barely past the 1-year mark for COVID-19. It's just hard for me to believe we can get past this pandemic in under 2 years.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
The Spanish Flu, which is what this pandemic is often compared to, lasted 3 years, We're barely past the 1-year mark for COVID-19. It's just hard for me to believe we can get past this pandemic in under 2 years.

One of the things which they are talking about with Covid .. but not in public.

"Long-term effects
A 2006 study in the Journal of Political Economy found that "cohorts in utero during the pandemic displayed reduced educational attainment, increased rates of physical disability, lower income, lower socioeconomic status, and higher transfer payments received compared with other birth cohorts."[193] A 2018 study found that the pandemic reduced educational attainment in populations.[194] The flu has also been linked to the outbreak of encephalitis lethargica in the 1920s.[195]
Survivors faced an elevated mortality risk. Some survivors did not fully recover from physiological condition(s).[196]
"

Spanish flu - Wikipedia

"The disease attacks the brain, leaving some victims in a statue-like condition, speechless and motionless.[5] Between 1915 and 1926,[6] an epidemic of encephalitis lethargica spread around the world. The exact number of people infected is unknown, but it is estimated that more than one million people contracted the disease during the epidemic, which directly caused more than 500,000 deaths.[7][8][9] Many of those who survived never returned to their pre-morbid vigour."
Encephalitis lethargica - Wikipedia

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
One of the things which they are talking about with Covid .. but not in public.

"Long-term effects
A 2006 study in the Journal of Political Economy found that "cohorts in utero during the pandemic displayed reduced educational attainment, increased rates of physical disability, lower income, lower socioeconomic status, and higher transfer payments received compared with other birth cohorts."[193] A 2018 study found that the pandemic reduced educational attainment in populations.[194] The flu has also been linked to the outbreak of encephalitis lethargica in the 1920s.[195]
Survivors faced an elevated mortality risk. Some survivors did not fully recover from physiological condition(s).[196]
"

Spanish flu - Wikipedia

"The disease attacks the brain, leaving some victims in a statue-like condition, speechless and motionless.[5] Between 1915 and 1926,[6] an epidemic of encephalitis lethargica spread around the world. The exact number of people infected is unknown, but it is estimated that more than one million people contracted the disease during the epidemic, which directly caused more than 500,000 deaths.[7][8][9] Many of those who survived never returned to their pre-morbid vigour."
Encephalitis lethargica - Wikipedia

:picard:

:damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I keep seeing these articles that cases are surging in Michigan for example yet none of these articles have the data. No case counts. Deaths. I really hate when they do that.