Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

I was just reading this.

I'm trying to keep a close eye on Chile since they seem to be having a hard time with thier covid numbers despite them having a very active Vax rollout.

But yeah, that made me look into sinovac since that's what they've been using.

I'm sorry but I think we need to suck it up in the U.S. and let our tax dollars be used to help out these nations with the good shyt. Just toss them some J and J at the least.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I just read 2 weeks for both Pfizer and Moderna. I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.
PFIZER-BIONTECH

The Pfizer-BioNTech clinical trial evaluated vaccine effectiveness 1 week after participants had gotten their second dose. Researchers found that the vaccine was 95 percent effective at preventing COVID-19 at this point.

MODERNA
The Moderna clinical trial looked at vaccine effectiveness 2 weeks after participants had received their second dose. At this point, the vaccine was found to be 94.1 percent effective at preventing COVID-19.

How Long After the Second Dose of the COVID-19 Vaccine Are You Immune?.

edit:

I also see that the CDC says

When you are fully vaccinated
People are considered fully vaccinated:

• 2 weeks after their second shot in a 2-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
  • 2 weeks after a single-shot vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
COVID-19 Vaccination

So I guess it's safe to assume 2 weeks after for both.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
PFIZER-BIONTECH

The Pfizer-BioNTech clinical trial evaluated vaccine effectiveness 1 week after participants had gotten their second dose. Researchers found that the vaccine was 95 percent effective at preventing COVID-19 at this point.

MODERNA
The Moderna clinical trial looked at vaccine effectiveness 2 weeks after participants had received their second dose. At this point, the vaccine was found to be 94.1 percent effective at preventing COVID-19.

How Long After the Second Dose of the COVID-19 Vaccine Are You Immune?.

edit:

I also see that the CDC says

When you are fully vaccinated
People are considered fully vaccinated:

• 2 weeks after their second shot in a 2-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
  • 2 weeks after a single-shot vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
COVID-19 Vaccination

So I guess it's safe to assume 2 weeks after for both.
It’s currently unknown exactly how long this immunity lasts.

They saying maybe 6 months but they just don't know. My father in law got his 2nd dose in early January. So will he need another in June?

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
They saying maybe 6 months but they just don't know. My father in law got his 2nd dose in early January. So will he need another in June?
Officially, they're not talking about any booster shots any time soon, but in reality we will probably be needing them at the very least once a year. Even though they currently don't know how long vaccine immunity lasts, they do know that it's not forever like the measles or polio vaccine.

Countries are so concerned about people just getting fully vaccinated that their kicking the booster shot can down the road. We're on that "we'll cross that bridge when he get to it" strategy.

douche

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FEMA has opened applications for families looking to be reimbursed for COVID-19-related funeral expenses.

The funds are coming out of the $2 billion the agency received from the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021.

Individuals and households can get reimbursement for COVID-19-related funeral expenses incurred between Jan. 20 and Dec. 31, 2020.

FEMA has set up restrictions on who can apply:

• Applications must be U.S. citizens, non-citizen nationals or qualified aliens who paid for funeral expenses after Jan. 20, 2020.
  • The funeral expenses must be for an individual whose death in the U.S., its territories or the District of Columbia, may have been caused by or was likely the result of COVID-19.
  • Children cannot apply for COVID-19 Funeral Assistance on behalf of an adult who is not a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified alien.
Applicants must call 844-684-6333 between Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET. Applications will not be accepted online. Multilingual services are available.

Once an applicant has applied for COVID-19 Funeral Assistance and is provided an application number, they may provide supporting documentation to FEMA by either uploading the information to their DisasterAssistance.gov account, or faxing or mailing their documents.

For a full list of documentation needed and other frequently asked questions about the reimbursement process, click here.