Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Officially a week since I tested positive a few thoughts:

- this was my 3rd time officially having covid, I can't say for sure but around December 2019 I got super sick, only lasted two days but swore it was covid before it hit the rest of the world. My other two prior times catching it (both post vaccinations) were very light, sick for a day maybe , this time I spent 4 days super sick, sickest I've been in my adult life. I'm a relatively healthy male not overweight.

- the fatigue (which I still have) and the head fog were bad, I couldn't imagine having that type of head fog for months or years. My energy is down about 25% I would say

-I was genuinely surprised at the lack of options from the doctor, I was denied paxlovid, one because I didn't meet the criteria and two because they have been seeing a pattern of reinfections on people they did prescribe it. Other than it was basically just cold and flu meds, nothing stronger.

-in a a couple of months am going to get back on the latest vaccine and stay on top of it, also looking for ways to boost my immune system

-I knew covid was here to stay but thought eventually it would just die down. Nope, apart from myself I know at least a dozen people currently sick with, 2 being male cousins of mine, around my age but both in way better (exercise) shape than I am, both are fairing about the same as me

I think pax is only useful within 3-5 days of symptom presentation. Are you high risk/immunocompromised? Hope a return to good health breh. This infection + a vax is a good cocktail for future infection immunity

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think pax is only useful within 3-5 days of symptom presentation. Are you high risk/immunocompromised? Hope a return to good health breh. This infection + a vax is a good cocktail for future infection immunity
I'm not high risk, yup waiting 90 days they get vaxxed the fuk up

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You brehs got me scared right now
Especially with school restarting

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
You brehs got me scared right now
Especially with school restarting
We’re just gonna keep getting it.

I got it again in Nov (3rd time) I believe just commuting to work. Nasty ass mofos on the train coughing out lungs instead of just staying home.

I got the initial two shots and two boosters but not the updated one. This one wasn’t too bad overall but I am just now regaining my smell smh

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I tested positive mid November. Got prescribed antiviral pills which worked incredibly well.

The worst part was the pain at the pills make your saliva taste and obviously the fatigue. Still dealing with fatigue a 5-6 weeks after getting it.

Social distancing and hand washing are still key.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We’re just gonna keep getting it.

I got it again in Nov (3rd time) I believe just commuting to work. Nasty ass mofos on the train coughing out lungs instead of just staying home.

I got the initial two shots and two boosters but not the updated one. This one wasn’t too bad overall but I am just now regaining my smell smh
It isn't available privately in the UK and only available publicly in high risk cases. Hope that stance changes this year.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I think my immunity window ended a few weeks ago

Gonna be a bit more cautious. Traveling to Fort Lauderdale this weekend for a quick conference stop and flying back Monday morning.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

Hospitalizations have ticked upward, and there are at least 1,200 Covid-related deaths each week.