627 dead in one day. no emoji needed.

627?
tenor.gif

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
That lack of agility you're talking about is because of who is in charge right now in the US, not because of government overall. Look at the response to coronavirus compared to how the Obama administration responded to H1N1.

No, President Trump, the Coronavirus Is Nothing Like H1N1 Swine Flu Either — ProPublica
Large governments are inherently inefficient. You're misunderstanding what agility means. Show me the nation with UHC that's daddy dikking this thing. YOU CAN'T. People keep trashing our system-- so why are all the other developed countries having the same problems? Are they all just dumb-asses?

JLova

Veteran
Daps
UK announcing safety net measures....

Government creating a coronavirus job retention scheme.

Employers will get grant's to convert 80% of the salary up to a total of £2500 a month.

Covers wages backdated to March 1st. And will initially last 3 months.

Wow. This is huge.

Business scheme where business get loans due to coronavirus will be interest free for 12 months starting Monday.

No business has to pay VAT for 3 months either. Jesus. I am impressed.

No cash limit on the schemes.

No taxes to pay until 2021 for self employed people.

Renters will get relief as well.

Smart way to implement without just giving people money.

damn. Canada is so pathetic. Giving employers 10% subsidy. Like that’s gonna keep them from laying people off.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Large governments are inherently inefficient. You're misunderstanding what agility means. Show me the nation with UHC that's daddy dikking this thing. YOU CAN'T. People keep trashing our system-- so why are all the other developed countries having the same problems? Are they all just dumb-asses?

Japan

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Daddy dikking :skip: I see where this is going.

I know what agility means, hence why I posted an article showing how agile the US government responded under a previous administration. Other countries are NOT having the same problems that we are when it comes to testing their populations and responding to the crisis. It’s common knowledge at this point but if you can’t see that then there’s no reason to go back and forth.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
...you could argue the two go hand in hand :yeshrug:
In fact a full economic collapse would be far worse than too few test kits.

they absolutely go hand in hand. but as of jan 2020 peoples lives come first and the economy will follow. if we dont have tests to make sure people are healthy and not dying aint no economy

fixing the economy by helping corps TODAY isnt going to save anyones life. it also prob wont help anyone who comes out with a 34k hospital bill at a later date either.