Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my big fear is that come two weeks people who haven’t seen the effects of the virus first hand are just gonna say fukk it and start trying to live life like normal.. it’s just like climate change.. it’s cold where I am so global warming is obviously some sort of hoax.

I agree these shutdowns of restaurants, events and others are a gradual buildup to a total shutdown. I’ve thought the whole time Americans would not take well to that.. we’ll see

this is what ive been preaching to people breh. i dont have faith in americans to take anything as serious as it needs to be taken. and the post @FAH1223 posted about trumplesteilskins approval rating of this is above 50% speaks volumes of americans in general. you have someone who isnt helping states to do anything and their systems are drowining. honestly not because i dont like him but his rating should be no higher than 30%.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
not to be the my uncle works here guy

but my uncle works at teh CDC and told my mom to expect a shut down two week from now. that was last week. so he has a week to come good:martin:.

but i do feel like these non essential bans are warm ups to a shut down. im not afraid of it but these people will act super silly. but the fact of the matter is americans Live too fast, cant sit still, and are afraid to have the govt tell them to do anything even for their own well being. so while a shut down prob shoulda happened two weeks ago it didnt happen because i believe they are afraid of backlash
Exactly.

and in some ways I don’t get it. I’m lucky enough in my life situation to actually stay inside and pretty much chill for a while, and I get that many people can’t, but damn it’s nice. Taking some time to decompress is nice. I think it’s good to be able to sit quietly and not do much.

Edit: I dunno. I’ve been to rehab and we didn’t have fukk all to do. So I think I can handle a couple months of sitting around like that, only with TV, books, movies, etc. In theory it should be a breeze for me. But I’ll definitely be ready to do shyt again after 60-90 days. Mentally I’m prepared for a 90 day stint. That’s how I’m looking at it. I’m afraid it might be longer but I don’t wanna go there yet.

I believe your uncle btw.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Did you hear about the lil town in Italy where the first COVID-19 death was? Since then, they tested the entire population (3300 people) whether they were showing symptoms or not.

Turns out 90 of those 3300, about 3% were infected with Coronavirus. Of that 90, half were asymptomatic (didn't have any symptoms). They quarantined everyone who was positive and now they have ZERO new cases.

So it's a small sample size, but on principle...if we could test everyone in America then quarantine the positives, we could damn near avoid the Armageddon and black plague death toll everyone's predicting.

That would piss of old Billy Gates tho...
:troll:

Reference. How one small Italian town cut coronavirus cases to zero in just a few weeks | Live Science

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
They making the pivot towards immigration policy. Took longer than I thought, to be honest.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Those idiots in TLR are running away with that one ABC poll about "55% of Americans approve of Trump's handling of the coronavirus situation" to mean that he's GUARANTEED to win re-election.

That's just one poll and it has a small sample size. Even if it's true, it doesn't mean that he's going to be re-elected. Fukking idiots man :snoop:

Give it a few weeks when Hospitals are overrun. This is only the start, and just last week we already could feel the wind picking up, now this is the sprinkle of the Hurricane.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:comeon:
Yeah UHC is working great for Italy, France, Spain, Sweden, Germany. It's the private Pharm companies stepping up and committing their vast resources to help mitigate this crisis. The government simply isn't agile enough to tackle something like this. That lack of "agility" is what led to the shortage of test kits plaguing the states and frankly all the aforementioned countries.
That lack of agility you're talking about is because of who is in charge right now in the US, not because of government overall. Look at the response to coronavirus compared to how the Obama administration responded to H1N1.

No, President Trump, the Coronavirus Is Nothing Like H1N1 Swine Flu Either — ProPublica
Second, the president’s characterization of the government’s response does not match reality. If anything, the response to H1N1 was swift in comparison to the current administration’s handling of the coronavirus.

“I assume what he’s trying to say is somehow he’s doing a much better job,” Kathleen Sebelius, secretary of health and human services under Obama, said in an interview Wednesday. “I just find that totally baffling. Anybody who looks at the comparisons very quickly understands that this is not the case.”

Though the H1N1 virus had begun spreading in Mexico, the first case in the United States was detected on April 15, 2009, in a 10-year-old patient in California. Two days later, CDC laboratory testing confirmed a second infection in an 8-year-old also living in California. Within one week, the CDC had activated its Emergency Operations Center to respond to what it had identified as an emerging public health threat.

Before the end of April, the government had declared a public health emergency and started releasing medical supplies and drugs from the CDC’s Strategic National Stockpile. “The real-time PCR test developed by CDC was cleared for use by diagnostic laboratories by FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) on April 28, 2009, less than two weeks after identification of the new pandemic virus,” the CDC notes on its website.

Sebelius remembers that date well. It was the day she was sworn in as HHS secretary.

The test developed by the CDC was created quickly. It was accurate. And it was shared with governments around the world, she said. “The capacity of CDC at that point to make and develop and quickly turn out a test was vastly different than what we saw occurring” with the coronavirus, Sebelius said.

In an interview, Dr. Tom Frieden, who was CDC director under Obama, said testing for H1N1 and the United States’ willingness to share its test with other countries was a success. “I traveled all over the world and for years afterward even very hostile governments were saying thank you for sending it to us.”

Coronavirus testing, on the other hand, remains mired in delays. Though the first person in the United States was confirmed to have the virus on Jan. 20, a series of problems have kept testing out of reach for many patients with telltale symptoms of the virus. The CDC designed a flawed test for COVID-19, then it took weeks to figure out a fix so state and local labs could use it, ProPublica found. Trump said on March 6 that “anybody who wants a test gets a test,” but many doctors, patients and public health leaders say that is not the case.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They making the pivot towards immigration policy. Took longer than I thought, to be honest.

why is pompeo even up here

i dont want to be the im leaving this country guy becuase i know as a black american there arent many places if many that ill actually be accepted.

but if this guy gets elected again. my girl is trying to work in her office in canada or germany and im coming along

they are up here spewing their nonsense about immigration is absolutely absurd.

i wishi could punch him and pomp square in the fukking mouth dog these nikkas should not be in charge of a parade let alone the country

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lmfao this nikka is up here talking down to people i dare one of these reporters to tell him to suck their dikk cuz i would.

this guy is like what do you we have to lose... nikkas lives thats what we have to lose. dog this guy is out of control

he is clearly shook i want them to stay under his skin :mjlol::mjlol:

JLova

Veteran
Daps
im getting a bad feeling about november right now :dead:

trump hasnt looked presidential ONCE in 4 years, until this week. if the economy somehow comes back, and he manages to come out of this unscathed and turns it into a massive success story :mjlol:

the economy will come back eventually but it’s going to get seriously hammered and I don’t think he will be able to recover.