Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
If Florida and Georgia really have lower cases after reopening, why is Texas still spiking?

How were Florida and Georgia able to crack the code but Texas couldn't? :jbhmm:
Well part of it is that just because the governor said Georgia was reopened that doesn’t mean everyone went back to normal. My company keeps pushing back the in office date and a lot of places are as well.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
cant lie, i'm kinda :rudy: at these colleges and towns making predictions 4 months in advance

what's wrong with taking this on a month by month basis? no one knows exactly how this shyt is gonna play out

Makes sense for schools, especially colleges. Students/parents have to plan now and a lot easier to open up earlier than to have to change to shut down on short notice.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Screen_Shot_2016-08-03_at_11.08.01_AM.0.png

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
cant lie, i'm kinda :rudy: at these colleges and towns making predictions 4 months in advance

what's wrong with taking this on a month by month basis? no one knows exactly how this shyt is gonna play out
My wifes a professor. They need to start prepping right now for online instruction. Folks were scrambling learning how to use online teaching software especially the older teachers :flabbynsick:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That would be extremely messy. My pops is an admin at a university. They have to make a decision whether to offer housing right now. You can’t have kids paying for a semester of housing and food and then go month by month. Would the schools then need to refund?

Plus Parents and kids need time and certainty(one way or the other) to plan for the fall semester.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Axios
5 hrs ·
Scoop: Former senator Bob Dole has registered to lobby on behalf of Wanhua Chemical (America) Co., Ltd., a Texas-based firm whose Chinese parent company is caught up in the U.S.-China trade war.

Wanhua Chemical has direct ties to a Chinese local government.

About this website

AXIOS.COM

Bob Dole registers as lobbyist for Chinese-owned chemical company
Wanhua Chemical has direct ties to a Chinese local government.
Bob Dole looks like he is already dead but no one bothered to tell him

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
A vast majority of the San Diego County residents who have died of COVID-19 had existing medical conditions.

On Wednesday, health officials provided more information about which conditions were most common in victims of the novel coronavirus.

• 54 percent of local COVID-19 victims had high blood pressure
  • 36 percent had dementia or Alzheimer’s disease
  • 31 percent had diabetes
  • 30 percent had cardiac disease
  • 20 percent had chronic kidney disease
  • 11 percent had chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or asthma
  • 9 percent were immunocompromised
  • 6 percent were obese
Haven't seen a breakdown like this, but I am sure they are out there. Also, 54% had hyper tension.

Last edited:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
lets people prepare to ride out the long haul with their best guess and they can always cancel the restrictions early if necessary :ld:

I prefer this to a rolling month to month proclamation tbh. I'm a guy who prefers to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised than the reverse
Exactly. Part of the reason people are taking it so hard is because they're being delusional about it. A lot of people really thought it'd be something that's over in a few weeks so they never took the time to get their minds right. Let people know what time it is, and if things gets better before then, cool. But either way, you're prepared for the worst-case scenario.