Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. Part of the reason people are taking it so hard is because they're being delusional about it. A lot of people really thought it'd be something that's over in a few weeks so they never took the time to get their minds right. Let people know what time it is, and if things gets better before then, cool. But either way, you're prepared for the worst-case scenario.
the "stay closed" side is also being delusional about it :yeshrug: their solution for a long term shutdown is printing inflation monopoly money. and they dont even have the fukkin balls to say it out loud, or actually voice their expectations.

i mean im sorry, but i dont consider that a valid solution. especially when all these states are weeks away from getting on their hands and knees to beg mitch mcconnell to bail them out :scusthov:

Don De Dieu

Standing in the sun getting black as I want
Daps
Reppin
Milwaukee
Not a surprise. Although in a sense Evers was pretty much going to let everyone out slowly at the 26th because we curbed our trend for now. That, and our building isn't in a rush to let everyone come back in as they are impressed from the work-at-home order.

Agreed, it's not surprising. But, I think it's a goofy ass way to score political points. Like you said, there was less than two weeks left on Evers' order. And because the legislature and governor can't work together, this will probably end up being a county by county thing.

F K

All Star
Daps
the "stay closed" side is also being delusional about it :yeshrug: their solution for a long term shutdown is printing inflation monopoly money. and they dont even have the fukkin balls to say it out loud, or actually voice their expectations.

i mean im sorry, but i dont consider that a valid solution. especially when all these states are weeks away from getting on their hands and knees to beg mitch mcconnell to bail them out :scusthov:
Economic ruin can always be fixed and has been in the past. We haven't figured out a cure for death.:francis:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels

I'm not arguing for a side, I just mean that the sooner people realize we're dealing with some unprecedented shyt, the more they can plan accordingly. I'm down for whatever solutions work, but there's no way in fukk that colleges are about to pack 40,000 students into dorms in a few months, so it's better to let people know upfront so they can figure out what they wanna do.

Way too many moving parts and liabilities to make that kind of decision on some month to month shyt. History will show whether decisions are correct or not but either way school systems and organizations can't drag their feet.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not arguing for a side, I just mean that the sooner people realize we're dealing with some unprecedented shyt, the more they can plan accordingly. I'm down for whatever solutions work, but there's no way in fukk that colleges are about to pack 40,000 students into dorms in a few months, so it's better to let people know upfront so they can figure out what they wanna do.

Way too many moving parts and liabilities to make that kind of decision on some month to month shyt. History will show whether decisions are correct or not but either way school systems and organizations can't drag their feet.
yeah, you're right obviously. i wasnt even thinking about how schools do the whole admission in advance thing

cities and towns have more leeway to play it by ear

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
cant lie, i'm kinda :rudy: at these colleges and towns making predictions 4 months in advance

what's wrong with taking this on a month by month basis? no one knows exactly how this shyt is gonna play out
It’s so funny how you cacs still have this laissez faire attitude thinking your privilege will protect y’all from this shyt. You cacs fukked up and let the world burn :ufdup:Them chickens coming home to roost for you too:umad:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
The New York Times
Dr. Julie Butler, a Harlem veterinarian who owned and operated the 145th Street Animal Hospital, lived by the principle that "if you have it to give, you give." She died from the coronavirus at 62.

She owned and operated the 145th Street Animal Hospital and lived by the principle that “if you have it to give, you give,” caring for animals and opening her home to friends in need.

About this website

NYTIMES.COM

Dr. Julie Butler, Vet Who Cared for Harlem and Its Pets, Dies at 62
She owned and operated the 145th Street Animal Hospital and lived by the principle that “if you have it to give, you give,” caring for animals and opening her home to friends in need.

hits keep coming though

:to:
:to:

Daps
nobody wants anyone to die.

Coronavirus may never go away, WHO warns

this is the WHO saying this thing is never gonna go away, so what would the response to that be? we're just never gonna have a reopen point?
I'm not sure the technical term for this but you and many other people exhibit a type of thought process that swerves automatically to the extreme. The very headline of that article says may but you ignore that and go straight to posing hypothetical scenarios on the exteme side. Your thinking lacks nuance and finesse. Its more stiff and rigid than a Georgetown big. Our options are stay at home and social distance or don't. We either operate on the side of caution or don't