Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Burr would have been well advised to just sit with the losses, and the stocks bounced back a few weeks later. Lose some gains, but still a good position. Now, he's the target of an FBI investigation.

I have some money in, barely worth talking about, (in comparison to someone like Burr, whose assets in stock is probably at least a million) but I was panicked too, and ready to pull, and I just left it, it's up 8 points, wasn't even a big deal.

Last edited:
Daps
no, the money is not there :dead: we've spent 6 trillion dollars this year, on 3 trillion in revenue. now they want to create 3 trillion more out of thin air

i'll take all the free money they want to give me, but it cant possibly be that easy. if it was then we wouldnt ever have to pay taxes

the thing is, it doesn’t really matter - the US government isn’t at risk of insolvency the same way households or corporations are.

venezuela has a really low debt to GDP ratio, how are they doing? as long as the United States dollar remains the reserve currency of the world (won’t change in our lifetimes), the fed (or is it the treasury?) has a blank cheque to create as much money as they want. investors will keep buying treasury bonds and the economy will be just fine. even so, there are limits - we shouldn’t advocate spending like this every year but this is the time when you should do it.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Burr would have been well advised to just sit with the losses, and the stocks bounced back a few weeks later. Lose some gains, but still a good position. Now, he's the target of an FBI investigation.

I have some money in, barely worth talking about, but I was panicked too, and ready to pull, and I just left it, it's up 8 points, wasn't even a big deal.
Yeah my 401k dipped in March, and now it's back to where is was.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Daps
Because Republicans lack any semblance of foresight.

As much as we would like to believe that is true, Republican politicians have traditionally shown great foresight. The Judiciary. Cutting taxes and removing regulations. Slashing budgets for some programs while still running up a massive deficit and then making Dems cut spending. It’s been the voters they represent who lack foresight.

It’s just that over the past 11 years, they’ve been held hostage by a base that they’ve trained to be reactionary. They can’t push forward with too many of their goals at once that will have long standing repercussions because they know that they’ve created

1) a distrust for the government to do anything productive
2) anything that the overwhelmingly large racist part of their base can construe as helping any person of color.

And now more so under Trump because he wants a platform that runs against those goals now and he has to have the grifting to enrich himself immediately and not let play it over time. And it forces them to have to defend it or risk being primaried, while dropping their own objectives.