Albums Cozz - Effected (Discussion Thread)

Daps

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Will peep. I like what Dreamville is doing. Would love to pick their manager's brain in terms of releasing albums instead of mixtapes. Cole, Kendrick/TDE, Spitta, KRIT, Drake, etc all came up releasing hyped mixtapes that built up to a culmination point: signing to a label and releasing an official label debut. Whereas I notice Dreamville and the newer acts on TDE have skipped the mixtape step, and instead go straight to paid albums. Does that kinda reduce/delay the importance of having that breakout debut album? Or is the line between mixtapes and albums so blurred now it doesn't matter (you can just stream these albums).

I think this is Cozz's second album. Curious what type of growth they expect with this type of plan.
:jbhmm:

he's dope btw

Daps
Will peep. I like what Dreamville is doing. Would love to pick their manager's brain in terms of releasing albums instead of mixtapes. Cole, Kendrick/TDE, Spitta, KRIT, Drake, etc all came up releasing hyped mixtapes that built up to a culmination point: signing to a label and releasing an official label debut. Whereas I notice Dreamville and the newer acts on TDE have skipped the mixtape step, and instead go straight to paid albums. Does that kinda reduce/delay the importance of having that breakout debut album? Or is the line between mixtapes and albums so blurred now it doesn't matter (you can just stream these albums).

I think this is Cozz's second album. Curious what type of growth they expect with this type of plan.
:jbhmm:

he's dope btw
it doesnt really matter, honestly.. their independent.. have their own studios/producers.. for the most part, Cole/Dreamville keeps all them dudes on the road/paid..

they seem to have their own thing.. which is whats needed, more than what everyone else is doing as far as marketing, artists development, etc..

with that said- this is a really dope project.. :whew: