Albums Cozz - Effected (Discussion Thread)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man.. you really doing the most up in here.. :camby:

I got to, because for some reason any Dreamville artist drops an LP y'all NEVER put a sticky on it unless it's J. Cole himself... y'all putting stickies on any random bullshyt artist. No sticky for Lute, J.I.D, the EarthGang EP's, Bas, even Omen. Their albums drop... someone makes a thread on it, and it never get the proper representation. So, yea.. I had to voice out this time around or this album would of done the same.

But thanks for finally put it though.

Daps
I got to, because for some reason any Dreamville artist drops an LP y'all NEVER put a sticky on it unless it's J. Cole himself... y'all putting stickies on any random bullshyt artist. No sticky for Lute, J.I.D, the EarthGang EP's, Bas, even Omen. Their albums drop... someone makes a thread on it, and it never get the proper representation. So, yea.. I had to voice out this time around or this album would of done the same.

But thanks for finally put it though.
not every album gets a sticky, tho.. it seems as people only complain, when its an artist they favor..

just enjoy the albums, man.. it aint even that serious.. :salute:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Will peep. I like what Dreamville is doing. Would love to pick their manager's brain in terms of releasing albums instead of mixtapes. Cole, Kendrick/TDE, Spitta, KRIT, Drake, etc all came up releasing hyped mixtapes that built up to a culmination point: signing to a label and releasing an official label debut. Whereas I notice Dreamville and the newer acts on TDE have skipped the mixtape step, and instead go straight to paid albums. Does that kinda reduce/delay the importance of having that breakout debut album? Or is the line between mixtapes and albums so blurred now it doesn't matter (you can just stream these albums).

I think this is Cozz's second album. Curious what type of growth they expect with this type of plan.
:jbhmm:

he's dope btw
Mixtapes are archaic bruh

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will peep. I like what Dreamville is doing. Would love to pick their manager's brain in terms of releasing albums instead of mixtapes. Cole, Kendrick/TDE, Spitta, KRIT, Drake, etc all came up releasing hyped mixtapes that built up to a culmination point: signing to a label and releasing an official label debut. Whereas I notice Dreamville and the newer acts on TDE have skipped the mixtape step, and instead go straight to paid albums. Does that kinda reduce/delay the importance of having that breakout debut album? Or is the line between mixtapes and albums so blurred now it doesn't matter (you can just stream these albums).

I think this is Cozz's second album. Curious what type of growth they expect with this type of plan.
:jbhmm:

he's dope btw

Well truth be told, all of them had mixtapes prior to their actual album. Even J.I.D. and Earthgang had mixtapes & albums prior to signing to Dreamville. That all said, what's the point to have a label deal without signing artists and pushing out albums? Dreamville maybe attached to Interscope, but they work like an indie label and J. Cole is pushing his artists to build their fan base like he built his through constant touring. Cozz claims this as his 1st OFFICIAL album despite him releasing "Cozz & Effect" which original was supposed to be a mixtape, but they put it on iTunes instead like an album.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
glad to see someone different stickied, gonna play this later today. breh caught my eyes a couple years back, but i never really went deep in checking for him. off a few skims, this looks promising