Crawford Focused on Move To 147 - Wants Keith Thurman Fight

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Crawford Focused on Move To 147 - Wants Keith Thurman Fight

By Radio Rahim

WBA, WBC, WBO junior welterweight champion Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs) is ready to conquer his third weight class.

After becoming a world champion at lightweight, and unifying the entire division at junior welterweight, Crawford is ready to move up to the welterweight limit of 147-pounds.

Last month, Crawford unified the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO titles at 140 with a third round knockout of Julius Indongo. Crawford has already vacated the IBF title - after the sanctioning body scheduled a purse bid for a mandatory defense against Sergey Lipinets.

thurman-crawford.jpg

There are three world champions in the welterweight division - and the man to beat is certainly Keith Thurman (28-0, 22 KOs) - who holds the WBA, WBC world titles. Jeff Horn currently holds the WBO's version, and Errol Spence recently became the IBF's beltholder.

Crawford would have no issue with testing himself, right away, against the man he views as the top dog at 147-pounds, Thurman.

"I feel that any weight is the best for my skills, as long as I'm prepared to the best of my abilities. 140 was a great weight class for me and I think it's time to go up and prove myself, once again, at 147," Crawford told BoxingScene.com.

"Right now I'm looking at all the champions - all of them. But at the end of the day, Keith Thurman is the guy to beat at 147. He's the number one guy in the division, I'm the number one guy in the division at 140, moving up, so why not go straight to the head [of the division]."

Thurman has been out of the ring since March, when he won a close twelve round decision over Danny Garcia the Barclays Center in Brooklyn to unify the WBC, WBA world titles.

Afterwards, Thurman underwent surgery for an elbow injury and it was going to keep him out for at least six months. But he also got married along the way and made a decision to stay on the shelf until the first quarter of 2018. Crawford may also not fight again until early next year.

Crawford Focused on Move To 147 - Wants Keith Thurman Fight - Boxing News

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
He can want all he wants he needs to respect the division. He's got to put in at least a little work before even mentions Thurman. Spence has been grinding away the past 5yrs who is he to leapfrog Spence.
My sentiment exactly

Reason being that Thurman has nothing to gain against a guy who hasn’t proven himself - if he wins it’ll be because Crawford just moved up

Omar Little

It’s all in the Game Yo
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Crawford should at least fight a couple tune ups and one legit WW first. Than let him get winner of Spence/Thurman.

-Greg

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
He can want all he wants he needs to respect the division. He's got to put in at least a little work before even mentions Thurman. Spence has been grinding away the past 5yrs who is he to leapfrog Spence.
It is different when you already are a boss and you move up. He is unified champ at 140. Some organizations if you are the title holder and move up a division you automatically become the number one contender. Spence was at a different place. Not as far along in his career and he worked his way up to where Crawford has already been at 140.

Doesn't mean anyone has to fight Crawford, just that Crawford should be considered an elite opponent immediately upon arriving at 147.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Hes about to be 30.. Thurman is about to be 29....After a Horn fight I can see it happening.

Im just sick of the ageism in sports as well as this board is all.
Crawford relies on speed and reflexes more than Thurman does. This makes age more of a factor for Crawford than it does for Thurman