Crawford Focused on Move To 147 - Wants Keith Thurman Fight

Apex

Banned
Daps
Want Errol Spence Jr. vs Thurman first

I want Crawford to go up against Horn as a tune-up/belt snatch

I want ultimate unification match between Crawford and Spence to be an undefeated vs. undefeated
Hope they become big stars before that fight

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Hes about to be 30.. Thurman is about to be 29....After a Horn fight I can see it happening.

Im just sick of the ageism in sports as well as this board is all.
I don't buy the age thing. Floyd was so great at 34 and 35. No excuses for a undefeated guy. Just get the job done.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Undisputed 140 champ vs unified champ at 147 is a fight I don't mind seeing jump ahead.
Its a good fight for TCraw too because I don't think Thurman wants or loves fighting anymore, he is married and he was always into those crystals and hippie shyt. This aint his life no more, perfect scalp and perfect setup toSpence fight before Spence outgrows the division

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I don't buy the age thing. Floyd was so great at 34 and 35. No excuses for a undefeated guy. Just get the job done.
Age is real, and depending on your style age will have a big impact on your effectiveness.
Bhop, Floyd, Archie Moore, and Foreman are exceptions not the rule.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Maybe, but as Thurman has titles, I would say someone in the rankings (we know how the politics go) who he should beat comfortable and not have too many issues, like a Jessie Vargas or an Eggington.

I meant more for a tailor made opponent to get rounds while still being somewhat credible.

It could get him 5-6 rounds of rust off before a stoppage.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He can want all he wants he needs to respect the division. He's got to put in at least a little work before even mentions Thurman. Spence has been grinding away the past 5yrs who is he to leapfrog Spence.

he is the best, that is who he is. he wants to fight the best. he dont want no weak ass tune up. :camby: not saying that Spence dont deserve Thurman but everyone knows Keith is the man to beat to get the notoriety and respect (sorry Horn). ultimately the best two left standing will be Crawford and Spence. its not about who deserves what, its about the marketability and the money. really Keith is food and its about who gets to him first.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crawford relies on speed and reflexes more than Thurman does. This makes age more of a factor for Crawford than it does for Thurman

no difference between a 29 year old and a 30 year old. neither have reached the decline yet. that doesnt happen til about 33-34. Keith is a helluva fighter but there are only two special fighters around the WW division now. Crawford and Spence.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
He can want all he wants he needs to respect the division. He's got to put in at least a little work before even mentions Thurman. Spence has been grinding away the past 5yrs who is he to leapfrog Spence.
:gucci: Fighters need to respect divisions now?
Calling out the current #1 fighter 1 division up as an UNDISPUTED champion coming up a weightclass is disrespect?
A fighter ranked above Thurman jut about every P4P lists calling out Thurman needs to put in work to mention his name? :why:

he won every fukking belt in 140 you seriously expect him to go up an say "Jessie Vargas I'm coming for your!"?

btw he's gonna fight Horn next anyway. Easiest title fight to make for him and Thurman still injured.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
They've been programmed :hhh:

When you're ELITE like Crawford and active you can't be waiting on no Jeff Horn...hell Crawford himself gave :camby: to that by mentioning Thurman
Thurman v Crawford would be good but let' be real, it won't happen next and we all know it already :yeshrug:

from multiple reasons...

Crawford being with Arum who always go for the WBO first and Horn fight can be made pretty easy.
Thurman maybe won't fight a hard opponent immediately after coming back.
... and even if he does it's possibly will be a mandatory fight against Porter or Swift
...and even if he doesn't have mandatory and he wants a tough fight he probably rather fights Spence who is also with Haymon as opposed to TC.

ade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci: Fighters need to respect divisions now?
Calling out the current #1 fighter 1 division up as an UNDISPUTED champion coming up a weightclass is disrespect?
A fighter ranked above Thurman jut about every P4P lists calling out Thurman needs to put in work to mention his name? :why:

he won every fukking belt in 140 you seriously expect him to go up an say "Jessie Vargas I'm coming for your!"?

btw he's gonna fight Horn next anyway. Easiest title fight to make for him and Thurman still injured.

The Welterweight division is prob the most stacked division out right now. Spence, Brook, DSG, Shawn Porter and Pacquiao are all great fighters and former/current champs. Dude is talking bypassing all of them. He's a great fighter but he did what he did in a whole other division. He's not deserving over a guy like spence.

Let's see how he does against Horn. Pick up a belt and his words carry alot more clout