Crushing Student Loan Debt Is Hurting Women the Most (Black Women With The Highest Burden)

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My ex was an attorney but was HORRIBLE with money.

She had about 230k in negatively amortizing student loans. :picard:

I never told her this but that was a big part of the reason I broke up with her.
That's actually the majority of law school grads, and she's actually well employed, making her a minority.
AG's office did allow for PSLF, and BigLaw associate pay in major markets is around $190k, if she can stay on the train for 4-5 years she can pay off debt, set up a nest egg, and then go in-house.
Worst case scenario, she goes in-house, but still has debt. She'll be fine.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
That's actually the majority of law school grads, and she's actually well employed, making her a minority.
AG's office did allow for PSLF, and BigLaw associate pay in major markets is around $190k, if she can stay on the train for 4-5 years she can pay off debt, set up a nest egg, and then go in-house.
Worst case scenario, she goes in-house, but still has debt. She'll be fine.
190? I thought NYC was still at 160k for first years

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
brehs, imma be honest. I aint a woman but I feel kinda foolish sometimes.

i went to a top 3 university for undergrad and got a STEM degree. Worked for 6 years and only had 12K left in debt that I could have paid off but was chillin. THEN i got the bright idea to go get my MBA from another top school. Even with a scholarship I now owe $112K

:mjcry:

I make 6 figures so I'm not hurting but damn I look at the money I pay for loans every month and think "I should've just went to a lessor school for free."

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
They wanted that education and to be closer to white daddy this is what they get.

Its not what they deserve, but hey they wanted that education they know they are in America right?

The white man is just going to give you a piss poor education then charge the hell out of you for it.

If we look within ourselves we have all we need to be able to teach ourselves and each other.

We can do it.

ITS ALL IN US WE CREATED EVERYTHING.

NEVER FORGET WHO YOU ARE!

YOU HAVE PURPOSE!

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute

i went to a top 3 university for undergrad and got a STEM degree. Worked for 6 years and only had 12K left in debt that I could have paid off but was chillin. THEN i got the bright idea to go get my MBA from another top school. Even with a scholarship I now owe $112K

I make 6 figures so I'm not hurting but damn I look at the money I pay for loans every month and think "I should've just went to a lessor school for free."

Where'd you get your MBA?

Top-5?

Top-10?

Top-25?

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Black women are more educated than Black men, if your definition of education is centered on undergraduate and graduate degrees.
And there's a whole thread on here about dusty nikkas scared to marry a woman who graduated college because it emasculates them.
I don't plan on marrying down, nor do I fault anyone else for not wanting to either.
I'm not sure what debt has to do with "chickens" and "roosting."
Maybe you should try finishing that Malcolm X book, instead of skimming it for barbershop talk breh :mjlol:

Women in general are more educated than men simply because they are allotted more time to finish UG and go onto Grad or a PHD program. They can stay at home well into their 30s and won't be shamed for being in school for so long.

Men however are consistently pressured to finish HS and be financially independent asap or "You are a bum"...

American society is designed to prop women up by default..

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
Where'd you get your MBA?

Top-5?

Top-10?

Top-25?

top 5 big dawg. :win: But I'm not making the most of it since I didn't go into consulting or i-banking. If I did that I could pay my loans off in no time. But I just can't work those soul-draining hours.

that's why I realize now that for the career path I'm in, I could've easily went to a top 25 school instead FOR FREE. I'm literally working next to a dude who went to a school no where near as prestigious as mine, but has the same role. I don't regret it. I can afford my loans, but still... sometimes I wonder waht could've been​

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bottom of the Lake

i understand... i owe 44k

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
top 5 big dawg. :win: But I'm not making the most of it since I didn't go into consulting or i-banking. If I did that I could pay my loans off in no time. But I just can't work those soul-draining hours.

that's why I realize now that for the career path I'm in, I could've easily went to a top 25 school instead FOR FREE. I'm literally working next to a dude who went to a school no where near as prestigious as mine, but has the same role. I don't regret it. I can afford my loans, but still... sometimes I wonder waht could've been​

Would you say Top-5 is worth it if you don't go into finance or consulting?

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Women in general are more educated than men simply because they are allotted more time to finish UG and go onto Grad or a PHD program. They can stay at home well into their 30s and won't be shamed for being in school for so long.

Men however are consistently pressured to finish HS and be financially independent asap or "You are a bum"...

American society is designed to prop women up by default..
This doesn't even sound remotely true.
Women are the ones pressured to finish up with school so they can "start a family" and have children.
You're literally pulling MRA talking points out of your ass :mjlol:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
I had student loan debt, dropped out, got to the money without a degree, paid off my debt, and went back to school paying out of pocket.

I assume there are more men with similar stories and that's why men have less student loan debt on average and less men have to take loans to go to school.