Cutting Your Own Hair Appreciation Thread

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Brehs, if you not on that self-cut lifestyle. Invest in yourself. I used to pay 40 dollars every cut. Now I pay 0$ every time I need a fresh fade.

You only need 3 things, which will cost you anywhere from (100-250+ depending on how fancy you wanna get)

-Clippers (professional recommended, ex Wahl Magic Clips, Andis Masters)

-Trimmers (whatever fits best in your hand - Wahl, Andis, Bevel (6 cert dudes)

-Mirror+lighting set up (need to be able to see your hair from a few angles+good lighting)

You can even build your own self-cut system for around 30 bucks:

//

It is incredibly easy to cut your hair as long as you respect the clippers and use your guards. The trick is to follow the rules, set your guidelines religiously at first. Follow tutorials to the tee. Then you can start getting creative.

This video covers all the intro basics:

Here are some good intro tutorials:

//

It only took me a few weeks to get good at cutting my hair.

I’ve only been cutting a few months, even faded some of my brehs in the spare time to work on my skills.

And I was lazy with this cut too, planning on fixing it up this weekend, this is nowhere near my best work.

Didn’t have to wait for a barber, or rely on another man like that. Just laid a sheet down and got to work.

Hop on that self-cut lifestyle brehs :win:

Last edited:

King

Daps
40 a cut :picard: shiiit i was payin 7 a cut plus tip

Learn to cut your own hair just to at least be able to keep yourself clean between cuts
Yeah breh was the only black master barber in my area at the time

His cuts were incredible tho. Still haven’t been to a barber who could replicate his work. He also cuts athletes and shyt too

Got tired of breh going on vacation and showing up 15-25 minutes late to my appointments. Became too dependent on @Another Man

Said fukk it and haven’t looked back

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah breh was the only black master barber in my area at the time

His cuts were incredible tho. Still haven’t been to a barber who could replicate his work. He also cuts athletes and shyt too

Got tired of breh going on vacation and showing up 15-25 minutes late to my appointments. Became too dependent on @Another Man

Said fukk it and haven’t looked back

I remember when i first learned to cut my hair like a decade ago i was like "yo why the fukk i aint learn to do this shyt from the beginning?"

Now i can cut my hair pissy drunk and have it still look professional :lolbron:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
i am quite lucky i never rocked with a fade or hairstyles, just a half level ceaser or baldie which i can do by myself. (which i do)

only trick is the mustache, the mustache is my most important feature it has your boy looking right.

Icantspell

#freedaguys
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO FOREVER
i need a haircut bad but low key scared of going to the barbershop :lupe: it’s suppose to be closed but it’s open :pachaha:

what clippers should i get?

King

Daps
i need a haircut bad but low key scared of going to the barbershop :lupe: it’s suppose to be closed but it’s open :pachaha:

what clippers should i get?
You can’t read either breh, the whole OP is a guide :dahell: