Cutting Your Own Hair Appreciation Thread

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I just pushed my shyt back for the first time today

Got too cocky with the trimmers and took off too much. Instead of working on the corners, I just started taking off hairline :sadcam:

Still looks relatively okay from far away, but imma let my hairline grow out for a few weeks

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
If the Votech nikkas can learn to hook up a fade, dammit I can too

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
I done got so good at I came a point where I was fading my shyt up like every 3 or 4 days... My blend and line up game is immaculate :whew: ... Plus it only take me like 10 mins with a pair of $30 clippers

Then I had a family member tell me my shyt always look like I'm fresh out the barbers chair, basically telling me that nobody knows what I look like "needing a haircut" because my shyt literally stay crisp..

So lately I been cutting back on the frequency. I'll go a week or so.. wolf out a Lil bit then cut it..

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I done got so good at I came a point where I was fading my shyt up like every 3 or 4 days... My blend and line up game is immaculate :whew: ... Plus it only take me like 10 mins with a pair of $30 clippers

Then I had a family member tell me my shyt always look like I'm fresh out the barbers chair, basically telling me that nobody knows what I look like "needing a haircut" because my shyt literally stay crisp..

So lately I been cutting back on the frequency. I'll go a week or so.. wolf out a Lil bit then cut it..
I’m still not at that level yet :wow:

I keep mines to every 2 weeks. I get lost in the details a 30 min cut can easily turn into an hr and 30 mins trying to get the perfect cut.

Dave7

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Self Divine, Equality Knowledge Born
Started cutting my own hair after I got Zeked by this Filipino lady at the on base barbershop (I was in the Air Force at the time )….brehs that cut was beyond repair :mjcry: I said fukk it tho I can’t make it worse so I went to the BX and bought my own clippers and got busy…it’s been over 20 years I’ve been cutting my own hair and beard. I’ve always kept it simple tho, low cut & shape up…can’t lose combo:youngsabo:

thefloorislava

All Star
Daps
Been self cutting for a minute and shyt is :wow: . Saves a ton of money and keeps you constantly fresh, I’d recommend it to any breh

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Ever since I lost my hairline I started cutting my own shyt :yeshrug:. Still haven't went all the way bald yet :mjcry:

james-brown.gif

You're a braver man than I can ever be :hubie:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Been cutting my own hair since the beginning of the pandemic, it saves money and I don’t have to wait for the barber to take his time getting to the shop. If you have your own hair lined up all you have to do is just use clippers and trim it down. You will need a wide mirror to check all corners of your hair though.