CVS to buy Atena Health Insurance for $69 Billion

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
can someone explain to me why...a fukkin walgreens is always right across from cvs :dead: i never understood this for the life of me

It's basically enough money to go around breh. That corner of Walgreens and CVS with the drugs accounts for 70-80% of all profit for the store on a yearly basis. People need drugs, they will go. That's why you see CVS/Walgreen's typically on corners so you can easily get to the drive thru in the back. I did a capstone on them for graduate school. That business model is piff breh. Walgreens used to be in the middle of strip malls, got smart then started balling.

Last edited:

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
heard on NPR that CVS is also in the prescription management business....determining what co-pay amounts are.

with this deal, they're looking to be a one stop shop for healthcare...turning more pharmacies into clinics. they'll encourage Aetna customers to go to CVS for checkups, making it cheaper than regular doctors.

also looking to leverage against Amazon's obvious next move into healthcare

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
It's basically enough money to go around breh. That corner of Walgreens and CVS with the drugs accounts for 70-80% of all profit for the store on a yearly basis. People need drugs, they will go. That's why you see CVS/Walgreen's typically on corners so you can easily get to the drive thru in the back. I did a capstone on them for graduate school. That business model is piff breh. Walgreens used to be in the middle of strip malls, got smart then started balling.
But target got the generic drug game on lock. My prescriptions never cost more $4 a pop :dwillhuh:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
heard on NPR that CVS is also in the prescription management business....determining what co-pay amounts are.

with this deal, they're looking to be a one stop shop for healthcare...turning more pharmacies into clinics. they'll encourage Aetna customers to go to CVS for checkups, making it cheaper than regular doctors.

also looking to leverage against Amazon's obvious next move into healthcare
Man this is a game changer for sure. At least it's helping address the dire for primary care. Now the question is whether doctors are going be willing to work in rural and hick towns for cvs's. If CVS can incentivize pay and vacation time :wow:

Or They could always go the cheap route and hire an NP or PA.....

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
But target got the generic drug game on lock. My prescriptions never cost more $4 a pop :dwillhuh:

I know, it's not just enough for those companies, its enough for everybody. When you think that half of the cost of healthcare comes from people that are within 6 months of death and controlling the insurance aspect of this as well, CVS is well-positioning themselves for the future. I had an interview with Cardinal Health earlier this year and I asked them about their plan of Amazon at the time. They were stumped about what way the company was going to go. Trust me, a lot of these companies that are in the supply chain, both vertically and horizontally are going to get swallowed up. I'm not trying to stay in that environment.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
CVS be wantin $5 for a bottle of fukkin rubbing alcohol. $8 for condoms. $4 toothpaste. Somebody really buying they overpriced shyt instead of finding a Walmart :mindblown:
Yep CVS and Walgreens market themselves as the place to go for pharmacy like items and they definitely have stuff other stores don't, but their prices are absurd sometimes.

I use their pharmacy and buy something from there when I have a very specific issue where I can't get it at walmart or something, but shyt is ridiculous.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Yep CVS and Walgreens market themselves as the place to go for pharmacy like items and they definitely have stuff other stores don't, but their prices are absurd sometimes.

I use their pharmacy and buy something from there when I have a very specific issue where I can't get it at walmart or something, but shyt is ridiculous.
I like never go to cvs or walgreens....Except for last minute shyt like condoms and birthday cards.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
I usually work from home, but I went into the office today and my boss' office was cleared out. :picard: She was already told she was getting laid off when the year ended( one of the reasons many of us knew this was coming) but I guess those CVS wolves couldn't wait. :demonic:I was also told more layoffs are def coming before the fiscal year ends :damn: but it will be in upper management. Changes are expected in my field of work but hopefully they keep all the bullshyt I always hear about CVS on the retail level. Pharmacy Director also said expect more work for the same pay because of this move.:mjcry:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Damn, it's like that? I start training today. As a pharmacy technician handling prior authorizations thru faxes and then phones. I was at Walgreens before also and left in mid October. But I wasn't a technician at Walgreens. I was a shift leader. I'm just got my Florida board of pharmacy license since it was required from us. Don't know if they were doing the same in Tampa. I'm going from like $13.36 to $16 an hour and from a unfair schedule of 5pm to midnight including weekends and holidays to a regular 9 to 5. So since it's something different I can't really compare things like you can. Still gotta be wary if it's bad out there. I guess when you switch companies and do the same job like you, it's easier to notice the differences. Hopefully things go well.
Its sound like you work with Med Part D so you're good. After 3 months you will just be in there caking with call center hoes. That is a lowball number by the way, you will pull in 40K a year as a full time employee. Then they will want you to eventually work from home which is another raise.Let me know if you have any questions..
My MBA is in healthcare management. It's why I've gone back to clean up my accounting degree while working in finance. Why? I saw this happening. Consolidation happens in all industries but with the combination of governmental influence and policy shifting. I got out the industry. I'm in telecommunications now as a senior financial analyst. shyt is a lil bit too live for me to deal with and I'm not going to wait around for dominoes to fall. I chart my own path, no monolithic company will do it for me.
Healthcare Industry>*
Those numbers dont lie, there's an infinite amount of $$$ to be made. :sas1:This hustle is legal too.:sas2:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Its sound like you work with Med Part D so you're good. After 3 months you will just be in there caking with call center hoes. That is a lowball number by the way, you will pull in 40K a year as a full time employee. Then they will want you to eventually work from home which is another raise.Let me know if you have any questions..

Healthcare Industry>*
Those numbers dont lie, there's an infinite amount of $$$ to be made. :sas1:This hustle is legal too.:sas2:
Yep med part d. Definitely will hit you up. Think you changed your name right cuz I remember another breh on here that was a Walgreens pharmacist a while back?