CVS to buy Atena Health Insurance for $69 Billion

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Man this is a game changer for sure. At least it's helping address the dire for primary care. Now the question is whether doctors are going be willing to work in rural and hick towns for cvs's. If CVS can incentivize pay and vacation time :wow:

Or They could always go the cheap route and hire an NP or PA.....
Obamacare did wonders for us PAs and Nurse practitioners :wow:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Yep CVS and Walgreens market themselves as the place to go for pharmacy like items and they definitely have stuff other stores don't, but their prices are absurd sometimes.

I use their pharmacy and buy something from there when I have a very specific issue where I can't get it at walmart or something, but shyt is ridiculous.
Cant beat 1.89 for 3liter poland spring at duane reade (walgreens)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Sickening. Capitalism low balling workers and one step to taking over the world. Between this and Disney buying everything, makes me sick.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
Damn, it's like that? I start training today. As a pharmacy technician handling prior authorizations thru faxes and then phones. I was at Walgreens before also and left in mid October. But I wasn't a technician at Walgreens. I was a shift leader. I'm just got my Florida board of pharmacy license since it was required from us. Don't know if they were doing the same in Tampa. I'm going from like $13.36 to $16 an hour and from a unfair schedule of 5pm to midnight including weekends and holidays to a regular 9 to 5. So since it's something different I can't really compare things like you can. Still gotta be wary if it's bad out there. I guess when you switch companies and do the same job like you, it's easier to notice the differences. Hopefully things go well.
You ever done it before? I use to handle PA’s but that shyt gets annoying with the amount of faxes that come in. I had to get out of that :whew:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
You ever done it before? I use to handle PA’s but that shyt gets annoying with the amount of faxes that come in. I had to get out of that :whew:
No never. And I heard the busy season coming up. I'll see how it goes. I heard there's thousands of faxes coming in. They better hire some more motherfukkers. Some of the people seem fake, some seem nice. Only been there a week and it's just training so not much to go on in regards to who's what. I'll get the experience and of anything, just go elsewhere. But atleast I'll have the skill set and knowledge. They strict about their policies too.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
No never. And I heard the busy season coming up. I'll see how it goes. I heard there's thousands of faxes coming in. They better hire some more motherfukkers. Some of the people seem fake, some seem nice. Only been there a week and it's just training so not much to go on in regards to who's what. I'll get the experience and of anything, just go elsewhere. But atleast I'll have the skill set and knowledge. They strict about their policies too.
Yea man it’s busy everyone trying to get a stock on meds so when their insurance changes they’re good to procrastinate. That’s interesting I didn’t know pharmacies did PA’s though. I thought they left it up to their physician office :ehh:. Get in good doing that and med refills and you’ll be making 20+ an hour at a hospital in no time. Glad to see some other coli brehs in this drug game :myman: