CW's Archie Comics TV Show "Riverdale" Thread

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Well episode one very underwhelming. This just looks like another lame vampire soap opera, except there aren't any vampires

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Im not surprised critics are like "This is actually good and the dark tone is fun:ohhh:"

And I also will not be surprised when they and the fans in 2-3 years time will complain about the show falling off despite having the same tone

I dont think its great, it feels patterned and the characters are not really fleshed. It feels like its copied the 2010s teen genre rather than bringing anything unique to it. Homegirl who plays Veronica and the other one who played the teacher are cute but Archie all pale as a vampire looks weird, None of the characters had charm or interest

CW can do this but it doesn't mean its good.

Still I'mma let the people who dig it cook:yeshrug:

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
:francis:Just finished this. I liked Jugghead other than that, I can't watch this. I just didn't feel it and I can tell It's only going to get worse for me.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think it's missing the camp and satire of Archie's. Hopefully they'll add fun to it...or turn it dark humor. Scream Queens or Pushing Daisies would've been a perfect style to mimic.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will never bother with this show, but I need to say that a CGI Archie movie that stays true to the comics would be dope. :ohlawd:

Anyone ever watch that Return to Riverdale TV movie back in the day? :lolbron: