CW's Archie Comics TV Show "Riverdale" Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

TV audiences, meet your new Betty Cooper and Jughead Jones.

Deadline has announced that the roles of Betty and Jughead have been filled for The CW’s Riverdale pilot based on the Archie Comics characters.

bettyjughead-300x290.jpg

Lili Reinhart (Surviving Jack) has been cast as Betty, who is described as “sweet, studious, eager-to-please and wholesome with a huge crush on her longtime best friend, Archie. Tired of being the perfect daughter, student, sister, etc., she turns to her new friend, Veronica, for life advice — much to the consternation of her emotionally brittle mother.”

The actor playing Jughead may be more familiar to young people as he was either Zack or Cody in Disney’s Suite Life series. Cole Sprouse has landed the role of Archie’s pal. Deadline’s description of that one lists him as a “heartthrob with a philosophical bent and former best friend of Archie Andrews. He is still smarting from the rift that took place between the two.” Hopefully Jughead’s true love of burgers will remain intact.

Riverdale, from Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and the very prolific Greg Berlanti, is vying for a spot on The CW’s 2015-2016 schedule.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Someone needs to stop Bertanalni

People will scoff at the idea, then guilt watch it and then like it and then hate on it by season 3 or 4....just like every other CW show

Oh yeah and the fandom will be annoying and ship the characters and hate ones who interfer in their shipping....just like every other CW Show

Watch.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Someone needs to stop Bertanalni

People will scoff at the idea, then guilt watch it and then like it and then hate on it by season 3 or 4....just like every other CW show

Oh yeah and the fandom will be annoying and ship the characters and hate ones who interfer in their shipping....just like every other CW Show

Watch.
:mjlol:...

:martin: it's too late, I already started shippin' when it was announced that the Pilot was being ordered 2 weeks ago. I grew up reading Archie Comics Digest & double digest magazines, I can already tell you RIGHT NOW if Archie ends up with Veronica instead of Betty, I'm a be :fire::fire::fire:. This shyt would make more mad than Joey ending up Pacey on "Dawson's Creek".

:takedat: I'll settle for Archie ending up with Cheryl Blossom if not Betty though.

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
Would randomly skim through the comics as a kid but never really grabbed my attention. What are the comics even about?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:patrice: I don't know if this chick is fine enough to be Cheryl Blossom. Also Cheryl Blossom is someone who would be a recurring charcter.

Last edited: