Cynthia Nixon of "Sex in the City" fame pulls up on Cuomo, announces run for Governor

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Former “Sex and the City” star Cynthia Nixon said on Twitter Monday that she’ll challenge Gov. Andrew Cuomo in New York’s Democratic primary in September.

Her announcement sets up a race pitting an openly gay liberal activist against a two-term incumbent with a $30 million war chest and possible presidential ambitions.

In a video on Twitter, the public education advocate said, “We want our government to work again.”

Nixon in recent speeches has called on Democrats nationally to carve out a strong liberal identity instead of being merely the “anti-Trump party.”

The 51-year-old Manhattan mother of three is an ally of Democratic New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, who frequently clashes with Cuomo on various issues.

The 60-year-old Cuomo was favored 66 percent to 19 percent over Nixon in a recent Siena College poll.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm not opposed to the idea

:manny:

I'm slightly worried she may cater more to the city than upstate ny though

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'm not opposed to the idea

:manny:

I'm slightly worried she may cater more to the city than upstate ny though
She absolutely is

One of her major positions will be how this MTA situation is being handled terribly. That and the public education issue.

Low key if Cuomo was'nt swimming in bread and had connections out the wazoo, she would have a shot.

But maybe this will light a fire under his ass and remind him that his White House dreams are just that, dreams.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
She absolutely is

One of her major positions will be how this MTA situation is being handled terribly. That and the public education issue.

Low key if Cuomo was'nt swimming in bread and had connections out the wazoo, she would have a shot.

But maybe this will light a fire under his ass and remind him that his White House dreams are just that, dreams.
What's her position on education?

the mta is a crucial issue but the state is facing a host of issues
fukk upstate :manny:

it needs to be addressed economically and socially they're lagging behind and a lot of people are leaving

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
Cumo had big problems upstate outside of Buffalo and Syracuse during '14 primary. She's more liberal than Cumo. If she can get her name out there Cumo's in trouble