Cynthia Nixon of "Sex in the City" fame pulls up on Cuomo, announces run for Governor

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
And why not? I think Stacey Dash (of Clueless fame) is running for Senate in CA. If there's one thing Americans love and are obsessed with it's celebrities.

ineedsleep212

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Celebrities are what they are. At least from what I can gather, she seems very progressive as well as smart and the name recognition helps.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Nixon in recent speeches has called on Democrats nationally to carve out a strong liberal identity instead of being merely the “anti-Trump party.”
This line alone makes me interested.

We all hate Trump, but more often than not Trump hate is making people not see the forest for the trees.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Shes got no chance...

All liberal elitists and :wrist: in the city will vote for her but no one else will...

Won't get any support on LI or upstate...

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can NY afford a uber liberal governor?
that fukkin state is a monstrosity of debt :mjlol:

what was funny about the new tax plan is that if you started from scratch, it actually doesn't make sense that the fed would let you deduct state taxes. why should people in NY?NJ/Cali be able to write off taxes, while people in no-tax states don't? from a purely objective standpoint on federal tax returns, there really isnt an answer to that question that doesnt reek of liberal elitism. and it certainly doesnt incentivize them to control spending if they can rely on writeoffs come tax season, which is why they need to extort their citizens with these taxes in the first palce

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
that fukkin state is a monstrosity of debt :mjlol:

what was funny about the new tax plan is that if you started from scratch, it actually doesn't make sense that the fed would let you deduct state taxes. why should people in NY?NJ/Cali be able to write off taxes, while people in no-tax states don't? from a purely objective standpoint on federal tax returns, there really isnt an answer to that question that doesnt reek of liberal elitism. and it certainly doesnt incentivize them to control spending if they can rely on writeoffs come tax season, which is why they need to extort their citizens with these taxes in the first palce
How about the fact that the state of New York sends more money to the federal government than it gets back?

N.Y. sent D.C. $41B more than state received in services in 2016

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL