Damm Spurs players begging Kawhi to play this season

HoopLife

Superstar
Daps
Spurs players reportedly held a 'tense and emotional' meeting asking Kawhi Leonard to return to the court as his bizarre absence comes to a head

3m

FACEBOOKLINKEDINTWITTEREMAILCOPY LINK

5ab3d7aadc41b419008b490c-750-375.jpg
Eric Gay/Getty

• San Antonio Spurs players and Kawhi Leonard held a players-only meeting in which players asked Leonard to return to the court from an injury, according to a report.
    • The meeting was described as "tense and emotional at times" with players expressing frustration over Leonard's continued absence.
    • Leonard has missed all but nine games this season and at one point was cleared to return to the court, but decided not to.
    • Leonard's continued absence has reportedly caused a divide and frayed the relationship between him and the team.
The San Antonio Spurs had a players-only meeting last Saturday asking Kawhi Leonard to return to the court before the playoffs, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

According to Wojnarowski, the meeting was "tense and emotional at times," with players expressing confusion and frustration over Leonard's absence.

The meeting is the latest chapter in one of the most bizarre sagas in the NBA. Leonard has played just nine games with the Spurs this season, missing nearly all of the season with a quadriceps injury. Various reports have indicated a division between Leonard and the Spurs over his rehab, and Leonard has reportedly been cleared to return the court but hasn't yet.

Wojnarowski reported that Leonard was "resolute" and insisted that he had good reason to continue sitting out.

Spurs veteran guard Manu Ginobili told reporters this week that the team had to proceed as if Leonard wasn't returning. The comments came after the team meeting.

"He is not coming back," Ginobili said. "For me, he's not coming back because it's not helping [to think Leonard is returning]. We fell for it a week ago again. I guess you guys made us fall for it. But we have to think that he's not coming back, that we are who we are, and that we got to fight without him."

According to the report, Leonard has impressed coaches during 3-on-3 and 4-on-4 scrimmages and has made targeted return dates, only to back out and say he did not feel comfortable returning to the court.

The Spurs are currently in sixth place in the Western Conference, and are in danger of missing the playoffs for the first time since 1997. Without Leonard, an MVP-level player, the Spurs have been short-handed and at times over-burdened.

Ginobili's comments suggest that Leonard wasn't swayed by the team meeting. With 11 games to go and the playoffs rapidly approaching, one of the most puzzling situations in the NBA only seems to be getting worse. Whether Leonard is truly not ready to return, doesn't trust the Spurs' doctors, or is involved in a conflict with the Spurs and a family member, as one report suggested, it seems more and more possible that the most stable franchise will enter the playoffs without its best player.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude seems to be a D Rose type weirdo low key. That story of him carrying an envelope of wing stop coupons let’s me know all I need to know
I don’t see it that way. Dude is just low key, in this age of social media and self-indulging attention whoring, I’m becoming a bigger fan of Kawhi cuz of this whole thing. Dude isnt doing anything wrong but ppp are getting increasingly pissed because he’s quiet and don’t talk about his injury constantly. DRose talked about his recovery process constantly in 2012 and all it did was turn more and more ppl against him and now look at that dude. This is his career, not theirs and this make the spurs seem weak too. Begging and depending on another man to help you get to to where you wish you to be. How do you loook at yourself as a man in the mirror :hhh:

Last edited:

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
Stay strong Kawhi. It's your career and you can be an all time great with another decade of #blackexcellence balling in the league. Don't end up as a what if like Grant Hill because you came back to soon.
Manu is a snitch and exposed himself as a fake friend.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I don’t see it that way. Dude is just low key, in this age of social media and self-indulging attention whoring, I’m becoming a big lover fan of Kawhi cuz of this whole thing. Dude isnt doing anything wrong but ppp are getting increasingly pissed because he’s quiet and don’t talk about his injury constantly. DRose talked about his recovery process constantly in 2012 and all it did was turn more and more ppl against him and now look at that dude. This is his career, not theirs and this make the spurs seem weak too. Begging and depending on another man to help you get to to where you wish you to be. How do you loook at yourself as a man in the mirror :hhh:

If the nikka is healthy then he should play end of story. He’s the best player of course a bum like Kyle Anderson should be begging him to come back. And nikkas didn’t turn on Rose because of the injuries it was more to do with his aloofness and unawareness then anything

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
I don’t see it that way. Dude is just low key, in this age of social media and self-indulging attention whoring, I’m becoming a big lover fan of Kawhi cuz of this whole thing. Dude isnt doing anything wrong but ppp are getting increasingly pissed because he’s quiet and don’t talk about his injury constantly. DRose talked about his recovery process constantly in 2012 and all it did was turn more and more ppl against him and now look at that dude. This is his career, not theirs and this make the spurs seem weak too. Begging and depending on another man to help you get to to where you wish you to be. How do you loook at yourself as a man in the mirror :hhh:
klUtbF3.gif
klUtbF3.gif
klUtbF3.gif

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the nikka is healthy then he should play end of story. He’s the best player of course a bum like Kyle Anderson should be begging him to come back.
Apparently he ain’t fukking healthy if he getting multiple opinions:mindblown:. This is his career. If he makes the wrong decision what he fukk he goin do after basketball cuz you know that franchise that’s trying to persuade him to come back ain’t goin hold him and his family down.

Y’all jokers kill me. Always talking th pro-player, anti-owner shyt but a player like Kawhi has all the leverage in the situation and doing what’s best for him and y’all jokers siding with the franchise.

But y’all claim y’all want the nfl to have guaranteed contracts and players to have more rights and leverage :stopitslime:. I just don’t get y’all nigguhss.

Last edited: