Dance with the Devil 1 last time for 2015: CNN Gop Debate Tue 8:30 pm

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
@Reggie Rhodes time for that running mate talk again :francis:

What does a businessman who wrote "The Art Of The Deal" go with as a vice president? What type of profession could he/she have? I am still lost and can't think of who would be a good fit :mindblown:

In 2000 Donald Trump ran for President. He wanted Oprah Winfrey as his Vice President, Colin Powell for Secretary of State, Jack Welch for Secretary of Treasurer, John McCain for Secretary of Defense, and Charles Rangel for Secretary of HUD.

Donald Trump presidential campaign, 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm: Trump is inarguably the most polarizing figure in modern politics, so I gotta think the smart move would be a centrist, someone who the public can trust, someone who can repair the bridges he's burned on his way to the top of the polls. The problem is that I have no idea who would even be willing to attach their name to this wild ship. It'll depend on what issue he wants to campaign on. If it's ISIS and Islamic terrorism, he'll need a foreign policy wonk, maybe a General (although there hasn't been one on a major party ticket in generations, if i'm not mistaken), more likely a congressperson on some FP committee (have no idea who though). If it's immigration, he'll need someone who can back up his promises with concrete plans, someone with immigration chops. As for their demographic, I feel like a woman could be an interesting move for him. A smart woman could take a lot of the wind out of Hillary's sails. The way his campaign is heading, I'm not so sure how much a minority would do for him tbh. Traditional logic would dictate a politician, but traditional logic has taken a backseat this election, so Trump could really go off the board. Honestly...I feel like Meg Whitman might be a very dangerous option for Trump:leon:

What about Oprah Winfrey or Condoleeza Rice for his Vice President?

Misanthrope

None of the above '16
Daps
:jbhmm: Trump is inarguably the most polarizing figure in modern politics, so I gotta think the smart move would be a centrist, someone who the public can trust, someone who can repair the bridges he's burned on his way to the top of the polls. The problem is that I have no idea who would even be willing to attach their name to this wild ship. It'll depend on what issue he wants to campaign on. If it's ISIS and Islamic terrorism, he'll need a foreign policy wonk, maybe a General (although there hasn't been one on a major party ticket in generations, if i'm not mistaken), more likely a congressperson on some FP committee (have no idea who though). If it's immigration, he'll need someone who can back up his promises with concrete plans, someone with immigration chops. As for their demographic, I feel like a woman could be an interesting move for him. A smart woman could take a lot of the wind out of Hillary's sails. The way his campaign is heading, I'm not so sure how much a minority would do for him tbh. Traditional logic would dictate a politician, but traditional logic has taken a backseat this election, so Trump could really go off the board. Honestly...I feel like Meg Whitman might be a very dangerous option for Trump:leon:

It just hit me. Trump could get Joni "The Pig Castrator" Ernst. She's doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the box, and definitely not a centrist, but I can't believe a centrist is going to burn their bridges by supporting a Trump run. And she's had a bit of party pull, she gave the Republican response to the State of the Union address this year.

Batshyt crazy? Check.
Decent on foreign policy with some remedial knowledge of the Middle East? Check. She did a tour in Iraq/Kuwait during the Iraq War as part of the Iowa National Guard, apparently retired as a Lt. Colonel.
On Foreign policy committees? Check. She's on Homeland Security and Armed Services committees.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
It just hit me. Trump could get Joni "The Pig Castrator" Ernst. She's doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the box, and definitely not a centrist, but I can't believe a centrist is going to burn their bridges by supporting a Trump run. And she's had a bit of party pull, she gave the Republican response to the State of the Union address this year.

Batshyt crazy? Check.
Decent on foreign policy with some remedial knowledge of the Middle East? Check. She did a tour in Iraq/Kuwait during the Iraq War as part of the Iowa National Guard, apparently retired as a Lt. Colonel.
On Foreign policy committees? Check. She's on Homeland Security and Armed Services committees.
:leon:

Batter Up

I'm the first to swing
Daps
Anyone else notice how there's always 3 or 4 Rand Paul supporters at every debate who are the only ones cheering every time he speaks?

I swear he must be paying the same group of people to show up to every debate just to give him struggle applause :heh:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

You know that crazy chick on Fox "Judge Jeanine"?

If not then do some quick research and check out vids of her on Youtube...anyway I get this feeling she is one of the people Trump may pick as the AG. When we think about it, positions like AG are gonna have more power than VP. You can say that for any President but we have rare cases where VPs like Cheney ended up at times having arguably more power than the actual president. Often it depends on who the leader is. Some leaders give more power to certain positions than others. In short whoever Trump's runningmate is likely will be someone who may not be a bumbling fool but still someone who Trump picks who he does not want to "compete" with him.

I keep trying to think of the VP as a woman. I think if so Trump will go with someone highly respected and the women who hate Hillary out there can find something to like in this other lady.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
You know that crazy chick on Fox "Judge Jeanine"?

If not then do some quick research and check out vids of her on Youtube...anyway I get this feeling she is one of the people Trump may pick as the AG. When we think about it, positions like AG are gonna have more power than VP. You can say that for any President but we have rare cases where VPs like Cheney ended up at times having arguably more power than the actual president. Often it depends on who the leader is. Some leaders give more power to certain positions than others. In short whoever Trump's runningmate is likely will be someone who may not be a bumbling fool but still someone who Trump picks who he does not want to "compete" with him.

I keep trying to think of the VP as a woman. I think if so Trump will go with someone highly respected and the women who hate Hillary out there can find something to like in this other lady.

Yeah I'm, unfortunately, familiar with "Judge Jeanine". She would fit right in with this Trump circus and the rhetoric that's been thrown around, but after seeing some of the comments she's made, I'm pretty confident in saying she has no shot in hell of being confirmed by the Senate. She has said some things that would make even hardcore Republicans go :patrice:, much less the democrats needed.

I really do believe that whoever the Republican nominee is should go with a smart woman as VP. That's a large part of Hillary's profile, her appeal. Tactically it could be a great move. For Trump, I agree that it should be someone who is very competent but somewhat lowkey. Trump doesn't need an energizing factor in his VP, he's the most electric politician in the race. He needs competence and legitimacy.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I'm, unfortunately, familiar with "Judge Jeanine". She would fit right in with this Trump circus and the rhetoric that's been thrown around, but after seeing some of the comments she's made, I'm pretty confident in saying she has no shot in hell of being confirmed by the Senate. She has said some things that would make even hardcore Republicans go :patrice:, much less the democrats needed.

I really do believe that whoever the Republican nominee is should go with a smart woman as VP. That's a large part of Hillary's profile, her appeal. Tactically it could be a great move. For Trump, I agree that it should be someone who is very competent but somewhat lowkey. Trump doesn't need an energizing factor in his VP, he's the most electric politician in the race. He needs competence and legitimacy.

trump-tweet-470x193.jpg

Or maybe Trump picks that guy :yeshrug: