Daniel Kaluuya has refused to work with “less accomplished” white actors.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sorry, but he shouldn’t have said this. Just do it, and don’t say anything. You have to operate in silence. Play dumb like them. Now, they’re going to call him racist. He should have just said, artists who haven’t accomplished as much as me. I hope he doesn’t get blacklisted.

Black folks need to stop talking so much.

Look at this scary ass, yes massa, bozo

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
quote-real-gs-move-in-silence-like-lasagna-lil-wayne-56-95-63.jpg

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Look at this scary ass, yes massa, bozo
That poster isn't criticising the refusal, he's criticizing the needless negative attention the statement will deliver on Kaluuya's career.

That was a great decision, as an Oscar winner he is of a higher echelon in Hollywood and should rightfully work with entertainers of his caliber. He does not need to put over younger white talent. But he also does not need to make these statements. Any black man trying to make it in Hollywood already knows the hiring game, and should have the political astuteness not to put over white talent. He's just needlessly putting a target on his back.

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
Sorry, but he shouldn’t have said this. Just do it, and don’t say anything. You have to operate in silence. Play dumb like them. Now, they’re going to call him racist. He should have just said, artists who haven’t accomplished as much as me. I hope he doesn’t get blacklisted.

Black folks need to stop talking so much.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
A bit of a click bait article but he kinda brought it on himself.

The context of the GQ interview wasn't Kaluuya not wanting to work with less accomplished white actors in movies or targeting them specifically. It was more-so he didn't want to say their names in a specific example about a fashion campaign he turned down.

His point was he's not doing any brand endorsements with any actors that's not big time... which you could say is still a bit conceited to say out loud :skip: but it was far from a racially charged interview.