DAREDEVIL Cancelled

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
this is a prime example of why the weekly tv model still works. So they depending on the 1st week binge to track viewership ... after the first season the must see first night urge is gone and they dont advertise as much so i probably didnt even now season 2 was here (look at voltron.. pretty much no announcements and we at S8 and the finale soon).. and the last reason ... i got to much shyt to watch .. i'll get to it later..
I've always thought that Netflix should try releasing shows weekly, but like 2 episodes at a time. Hype builds when waiting for the next episode and they'd gain viewers through word of mouth.

But if they're so concerned about viewership decline between seasons, then why are they bother with The OA Part 2? The first part was 8 episodes 2 years ago.

Jards

All Star
Daps
X1MREgD.gif
:dead:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I heard the new Disney service will be family friendly only and hulu will used for their none family friendly films.

I found it ,,,, from wiki

The service will be built around content from Disney's main entertainment studios, including Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Marvel Studios, and Lucasfilm. The service will operate alongside Hulu—an existing over-the-top service that Disney will hold 60% ownership in following its Fox purchase. Bob Iger stated that Disney+ would be focused specifically on family-oriented entertainment (and not carrying any R-rated content), and that Hulu would remain oriented towards "general" entertainment.

there it is folks :francis: No fukking way I'm paying for both of those shyts

Last edited:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Yea... cuz I'd love to see the numbers of a lot of the other shows they air...... crazy I dont ever recall them revealing viewership with any show... good or bad... in the past

Martha
I just cant believe that is the reason. Beyond ozarks, huanting of hill house, and narcos I've never heard of netflix shows even hitting like that and I know if they aren't hitting like that in s1 they must have lost views and been worse in s2 so idk looks like disney is just taking their properties and saying fukk it we got enough money now lets release some low quality kid shyt.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
part of this is the disney strong arm.. remember when they signed that big deal to show content and movies from disney/pixar/marvel and starwars only for disney to announce a year later they starting their own service and deciding to pull content...

Pretty much. Netflix wants these shows to go from 13 to 10 episodes, which means each show gets less money. There’s no reason for Netflix to negotiate on that because there’s no incentive. You got your own network now; go do your thing over there

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
My personal opinion they shouldn't have waited 2 years to release season 3 after they released season 2 a year after season one! Why wait 2 or 3 years for a season of a show to come out for especially Marvel shows????

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just cant believe that is the reason. Beyond ozarks, huanting of hill house, and narcos I've never heard of netflix shows even hitting like that and I know if they aren't hitting like that in s1 they must have lost views and been worse in s2 so idk looks like disney is just taking their properties and saying fukk it we got enough money now lets release some low quality kid shyt.

I don’t think it’s disney taking them as much as Netflix not feeling the need to fight for them. Like I said in a previous post, Netflix wants to chop these things down to 10 episodes (which they should be) and marvel is balking at that. What incentive does Netflix have to bargain with them? Especially since they don’t own these shows so the licensing fees along with production costs must be a bytch to eat. So if your competition is doing their own thing elsewhere, why bargain with them when it serves you no purpose? It may suck for the fans but as a business move, it makes complete sense

Last edited:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I don’t think it’s disney taking them as much as Netflix not feeling the need to fight for them. Like I said in a previous post, Netflix wants to chop these things down to 10 episodes (which they should be) and marvel is balking at that. What incentive does Netflix have to bargain with them? Especially since they don’t own these shows no the licensing fees along with production costs must be a bytch to eat. So if your competition is doing their own thing elsewhere, why bargain with them when it serves you no purpose? It may suck for the fans but as a business move, it makes complete sense
Never thought of it that way. :ehh: