Dating Etiquette

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
So, I broke up with an ex back in December/January of this year. Been dating since early March. Nothing serious. But it's been damn near 5 years since I was on the prowl. I kinda have a little rotation going. Never had this in the 40 years I've been alive. I always dated 1 person, even if we weren't in a relationship I would just date until it fizzled out. Not trying to get into anything serious for the remainder of the year, unless I find a unicorn.

My guys that are playing the field, do y'all keep it 100 with women that y'all are dating/smashing other people?

I've had a couple chicks fall off because I'm not always available. People expect to see you once a week at least, I just don't simply have the time and I guess they form their own opinions and back off.

I'm not lying about dating other people, but I'm not volunteering it either. If it's asked, and it's only been asked once on the multitude of dates I been on. But everyone is seemingly looking to get in a relationship from jump, and I want that eventually too...just not right now. Not this soon after a breakup. And I'm not trying to shoot myself in the foot either.

Daps
i ask not because i want a relationship necessarily, but because AIDS. so yeah you should be honest and give people a chance to make an informed decision on what kind of dikk they are dealing with.

some might just do you with condoms only.... some might not gaf, some might not do you at all. but you don't like them that much anyway so what's it to you to lose out on p*ssy?

stop placing it on a pedestal over obvious morals.

end rant.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
My guys that are playing the field, do y'all keep it 100 with women that y'all are dating/smashing other people?
Yes

Lying to bag women some sucka shyt. You basically admitting you can get women on your own merits.

But everyone is seemingly looking to get in a relationship from jump

That's the core issue with the majority of women out here. They thirsty as fukk and don't even take time to get to know you. If you handsome and on point, they trying to push you into a relationship.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
i ask not because i want a relationship necessarily, but because AIDS. so yeah you should be honest and give people a chance to make an informed decision on what kind of dikk they are dealing with.

some might just do you with condoms only.... some might not gaf, some might not do you at all. but you don't like them that much anyway so what's it to you to lose out on p*ssy?

end rant.
And that's why it feels weird to me. It's not about sex per sé. Unless it's my girl, I don't smash without a condom (i have made mistakes). I just am generally upfront about my situation. I'm just finding it difficult to navigate multiple women who are trying monopolize all of my available free time. And if they ask, I don't lie. I just haven't been saying shyt unless I'm asked.

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Shroom gummies, liquor and destiny
Daps

end rant.
ive always respected and appreciated honesty from a woman and tried to show the same courtesy. Problem is many men and women are too immature to keep it a buck. They will expect u to only deal with them while they merrily do them.

Best advice i could give is to always assume they are seeing at least one other person even if they say they aint and practice safe sex. At least until u know them well enough to know they take their own health if not their partner's health seriously and get tested on the regular. :salute:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Yes

Lying to bag women some sucka shyt. You basically admitting you can get women on your own merits.

That's the core issue with the majority of women out here. They thirsty as fukk and don't even take time to get to know you. If you handsome and on point, they trying to push you into a relationship.
Understood. I see the perspective. Are you/do you volunteer that information unsolicited?

As I said, anyone who's asked, I told them. I just never been in the situation before where I am dating multiple people to say, yeah I'm dating multiple people. That seems like bad etiquette too, no? Kinda like volunteering when it's assumed you might be dating other people until you say let's make this exclusive.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think dating should be as self serving as possible.

:yeshrug:

IF you do a lot of dating app/social media pulling, this is what you will run into, people who will be self serving.

Anything short fraud/scamming/killing people is fine IMO.

IF you can stomach it, I say go for it.

Just don't break the law.

I might be used to toxic women tho :pachaha:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Understood. I see the perspective. Are you/do you volunteer that information unsolicited?

As I said, anyone who's asked, I told them. I just never been in the situation before where I am dating multiple people to say, yeah I'm dating multiple people. That seems like bad etiquette too, no? Kinda like volunteering when it's assumed you might be dating other people until you say let's make this exclusive.
I do like you and when asked let them know I'm dating other people an encourage them to do the same.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
most times what’s understood don’t need to be explained, but yes, I always tell women I’m single and for sure got other chicks if it comes up. Most times they already know or seen you got some motion and it is what it is. Seem like lately chicks in whole relationships wanna fukk with me while they figure some shyt out with they nikka. I been on some real side nikka shyt lately smh. I don’t care what a woman says, it’s low key a turn off to them if a nikka just got absolutely no hoes.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
TLDR - IMO, since you're fresh out of relationship jail, you should be telling these hoes what's up, because apparently you've never operated in this fashion.

99% of guys play the game you've been playing all of your life. It's just the obvious play, since 99% of dudes really do think good looking, good sex, good personality, good behavior females are rare. (they aren't, they aren't at all) So they play scared.

Most dudes are a 1 woman man, or they see other people but don't broadcast that they are, because it's seen as gauche. (Who says that? Other conservative people)

But part of you wonders, what if you was out there with it, flagrant? Letting it all hang out?

A few things happen
  1. Cautious/un-tacky broads are gonna back off, cause you're breaking protocol. (especially the ones that have sense)
    1. But those same cautious broads are low key interested, and might be open to a sneaky link - and that sneaky link sets her up to really want to lock you down.
  2. Some chicks is bout it, and if you're a "good catch" (be it short term or long term), these hoes will compete. You can get very good performance out of a broad that knows she has competition. She's gotta invest and do her best. Whereas normally, she's in the driver's seat.
  3. On the downside - A lot of quiet/cautious broads open up about their own exploits. And you'll soon find out that your kielbasa is a Vienna Sausage cause she's banging Dredd/Mandingo/Lex Steele who's Tupac in a Business suit when she's not listening to you drone on at Starbucks.

If you have the volume of females (multiple dates per week) - You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Much like telling some random broad how you really feel, it's these paths not taken that a lot of guys should take, and not just use the conventional wisdom.

Daps
And that's why it feels weird to me. It's not about sex per sé. Unless it's my girl, I don't smash without a condom (i have made mistakes). I just am generally upfront about my situation. I'm just finding it difficult to navigate multiple women who are trying monopolize all of my available free time. And if they ask, I don't lie. I just haven't been saying shyt unless I'm asked.

well yeah that's fine to keep doing what you are doing i guess. people gotta take charge over their own situation as well and ask questions if it matters to them. that's due diligence.

Braman

Superstar
Daps

end rant.

Take fishing advice from the fish brehs :heh:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
most times what’s understood don’t need to be explained, but yes, I always tell women I’m single and for sure got other chicks if it comes up. Most times they already know or seen you got some motion and it is what it is. Seem like lately chicks in whole relationships wanna fukk with me while they figure some shyt out with they nikka. I been on some real side nikka shyt lately smh. I don’t care what a woman says, it’s low key a turn off to them if a nikka just got absolutely no hoes.
100% at the bolded. In my early 20s, I remember I was talking to this chick that I wasn't talking to anyone else. I swear, I could hear her p*ssy dry up over the phone.

And, I'm not trying to be deceptive. I just have learned to assume women are entertaining other dudes until I try to lock it down. I feel like they do it more than men. I can generally use context to understand if someone else is fukking with someone else, and depending on my attraction or if I just got the gist she was trife, I would back off.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
Trying to juggle multiple women when you are 40+ is a headache and not worth the trouble.....:unimpressed:

Dipsey Doo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm not lying about dating other people, but I'm not volunteering it either. If it's asked, and it's only been asked once on the multitude of dates I been on. But everyone is seemingly looking to get in a relationship from jump, and I want that eventually too...just not right now. Not this soon after a breakup. And I'm not trying to shoot myself in the foot either.

You are better off just being alone until you are ready to be serious.