Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

Gravity

Banned
Daps
It makes perfect sense. The Comedy Central analogy makes no sense when Dave finishes with "This will be our secret...Little bytches!".

Dave is the pimp and his fans are the hoe who was getting close to the mileage. The show wasn't going to get any better and Dave's fame was going to fall off soon. So the controversy of him leaving kept him relevant all this time and allowed him to get more money than he walked away from from CC. The legend of him leaving is why Netflix gave him the most money of any comedian for 4 specials. He is held to an even higher esteem than if he had kept doing the show. He wasn't considered one of the greatest comedians until he "disappeared".

Groupie fans don't want to believe the analogy is about them. That's why they are his bottom bytches.
:snoop:
So this whole conspiracy theory bullshyt interpretation is all based on “now we got us a little secret bytch”? You’re clearly not too bright, so why don’t you listen instead of trying to argue?

I didn’t say it was a “Comedy Central” analogy. The pimp story was used as an analogy for the Hollywood game. He was using the pimp whore relationship as a metaphor to describe his experience in Hollywood. It’s clear as day, how can you be this stupid? Like, the shyt isn’t even complicated. I don’t even know what you and that other idiot @Weedizmedicine are talking about.

The fans are the bottom bytch? How? The fans aren’t the bottom bytch, the fans are the tricks. Dave left at the height of his popularity. His star actually might’ve still been rising, I don’t even think he had peaked yet. The fans weren’t the ones who were starting to get burnt out, he was. His fan base or clientele was growing not shrinking. Dave was the hoe turning tricks for the network while they pocketed all of the money breaking him off crumbs. He was reaching the end of his rope. His conscious was for doing with because he realized that he was being more laughed at than with. Plus the network was giving him like 10% of the money that he earned all while pretending as if they were doing him the favor. That’s the Hollywood game. It’s not even just Hollywood or the entertainment field for that matter. That’s business regardless of the field, and that why he brought up capitalism. At it’s root, capitalism is basically the pimp-ho relationship.

I feel sorry for you dude. Like, you’re dumb as fukk. It wouldn’t even be so bad except you got the nerve to be arrogantly dumb which sadly, runs prevalent on this site.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:snoop:
So this whole conspiracy theory bullshyt interpretation is all based on “now we got us a little secret bytch”? You’re clearly not too bright, so why don’t you listen instead of trying to argue?

I didn’t say it was a “Comedy Central” analogy. The pimp story was used as an analogy for the Hollywood game. He was using the pimp whore relationship as a metaphor to describe his experience in Hollywood. It’s clear as day, how can you be this stupid? Like, the shyt isn’t even complicated. I don’t even know what you and that other idiot @Weedizmedicine are talking about. The fans are the bottom bytch? How? Dave left at the height of his popularity. His star actually might’ve still been rising, I don’t even think he had peaked yet. He fans weren’t the ones who were starting to get burnt out, he was. Dave was the hoe turning tricks for the network while they pocketed all of the money breaking him off crumbs. The network was giving him like 10% if the money that he earned all while pretending as if they were doing him the favor. That’s the Hollywood game. It’s not even just Hollywood or the entertainment field for that matter. That’s business regardless of the field, and that why he brought up capitalism. At it’s root, capitalism is basically the pimp-ho relationship.

I feel sorry for you dude. Like, you’re dumb as fukk. It wouldn’t even be so bad except you got the nerve to be arrogantly dumb which sadly, runs prevalent on this site.

Now you sound dumber than you did the first time. You were wrong and instead of admitting that you want to argue. First you said it was based on CC in the first passage I quoted, now it's an allegory for Hollywood in general. Experience in Hollywood? Dave Chappelle is a recluse; he's never been on the scene like that. He knows more shyt behind the scenes than the average person, but Dave is no more knowledgeable than any other celebrity of the people behind the curtain.

No shyt he left at the height of his popularity. That's the point stupid. Just like Jay-Z "retired" at the height of his popularity. There was nowhere else to go but down.
The whole point in the story is that it was all apart of Dave's plan to win in the end; which is exactly what happened. You MAKE NO SENSE calling Dave the hoe: BECAUSE THE HOE IN THE STORY DIDN'T GET BURNED OUT! SHE KEPT TURNING TRICKS AT THE END OF THE STORY. DAVE LEAVES COMEDY CENTRAL FOR GOOD DUMB fukk.

Dave quoted the pimp at the end of the story, "this will be our secret...little bytches" If Dave is the HOE why is he calling the audience hoes stupid!? I can tell you ain't really black that's why this pimp shyt went over your head.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Now you sound dumber than you did the first time. You were wrong and instead of admitting that you want to argue.

First you said it was based on CC in the first passage I quoted, now it's an allegory for Hollywood in general.

Experience in Hollywood? Dave Chappelle is a recluse; he's never been on the scene like that. He knows more shyt behind the scenes than the average person, but Dave is no more knowledgeable than any other celebrity of the people behind the curtain.

No shyt he left at the height of his popularity. That's the point stupid. Just like Jay-Z "retired" at the height of his popularity. There was nowhere else to go but down.
The whole point in the story is that it was all apart of Dave's plan to win in the end; which is exactly what happened. You MAKE NO SENSE calling Dave the hoe: BECAUSE THE HOE IN THE STORY DIDN'T GET BURNED OUT! SHE KEPT TURNING TRICKS AT THE END OF THE STORY. DAVE LEAVES COMEDY CENTRAL FOR GOOD DUMB fukk.

Dave quoted the pimp at the end of the story, "this will be our secret...little bytches" If Dave is the HOE why is he calling the audience hoes stupid!? I can tell you ain't really black that's why this pimp shyt went over your head.
This is the kind of stupidity that is running rampant on the coli. I’m not even giving your stupid ass a reply. You’ve got to be one of the dumbest motherfukkers that I’ve ever encountered. No exaggeration.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
This is the kind of stupidity that is running rampant on the coli. I’m not even giving your stupid ass a reply. You’ve got to be one of the dumbest motherfukkers that I’ve ever encountered. No exaggeration.

This is why cacs shouldn't come on this site. You all eventually expose yourself. You're lack of melanin is why this pimp shyt doesn't register.

Dave being the hoe makes absolutely zero sense and you know it. Which is why you won't even acknowledge that Dave left CC and the hoe DOESN'T LEAVE at the end of the story. And Dave quotes the pimp at the end and says to the audience, "this will OUR SECRET...little bytches!". Which again makes ZERO SENSE if Dave is the hoe in the story.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
This is why cacs shouldn't come on this site. You all eventually expose yourself. You're lack of melanin is why this pimp shyt doesn't register.

Dave being the hoe makes absolutely zero sense and you know it. Which is why you won't even acknowledge that Dave left CC and the hoe DOESN'T LEAVE at the end of the story. And Dave quotes the pimp at the end and says to the audience, "this will OUR SECRET...little bytches!". Which again makes ZERO SENSE if Dave is the hoe in the story.
:mjlol: Now you’re trying to psyche yourself out because the doubts are starting to creep in. This idiot has went to accusing me of not being black now.

This has nothing f I do with not understanding “pimp shyt” which you clearly have ZERO personal experience in. This is just about you lack basic common sense. Dave’s analogy would be easily understood by anybody common sense, you don’t even have to be a street dude or someone with personal experience in the game to get it. It’s a basic metaphor. Dave=hoe Comedy Central/Viacom=pimp.

How the fukk was Dave the pimp when he wasn’t in control of the money that he was generating? He was so insulted by the pimp-ho terms of his relationship with the network that the left money on the table. Just use common sense dummy. The network was the pimp and Dave was their flagship cash cow(bottom bytch) who was literally driving himself crazy at his wit’s end turning tricks(doing the show).

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: Now you’re trying to psyche yourself out because the doubts are starting to creep in. This idiot has went to accusing me of not being black now.

You aren't.

This has nothing f I do with not understanding “pimp shyt” which you clearly have ZERO personal experience in. This is just about you lack basic common sense. Dave’s analogy would be easily understood by anybody common sense, you don’t even have to be a street dude or someone with personal experience in the game to get it. It’s a basic metaphor. Dave=hoe Comedy Central/Viacom=pimp.

I live in northern cali. I understand the pimp game very well.

It's obvious you don't have any common sense because the hoe in the story doesn't leave. You continue to ignore ALL information that doens't fit your narrative. The true analogy fits everything perfectly. You don't know what you're talking about, which is why you went back to the "pimp" being CC after you were exposed for saying Hollywood at first when everyone knows Dave Chappelle is a recluse and lives in a small remote town away from any of that and was never exposed to any hollywood bullshyt.

How the fukk was Dave the pimp when he wasn’t in control of the money that he was generating? He was so insulted by the pimp-ho terms of his relationship with the network that the left money on the table. Just use common sense dummy. The network was the pimp and Dave was their flagship cash cow(bottom bytch) who was literally driving himself crazy at his wit’s end turning tricks(doing the show).

Dave Chappelle did get paid stupid. CC reneged on the part of the contract that said he was owed 50% of all proceeds= which equaled 250 million. So instead they opted to offer 10% which was 50 million. Dave chose to walk away because CC was on some bullshyt. Plus Dave knew the writing was on the wall part-way through the season (as he was shooting his last skits) as they were taking over his vision and that would lead to the shows inevitable end. Dave opted to leave instead of waiting around for the show to eventually fall off, which caused controversy that hyped him into legend status. Before that Dave Chappelle wasn't thought of as one of the greatest to ever do it. His absence catapulted him into an ALL-TIME act.

It had nothing to do with him being burnt out. He even said in the Oprah interview "No! I LOVE being famous!" Dave wants all the fame, glory and riches. Dave even roasted the fan for calling him a hero in his Equanimity special, "I don't want to be a hero! I want to be rich!". He was upset that the material was going over peoples heads and white people were using him to act out their racist thoughts in his sketches. A white guy laughing too hard at his black face sketch made him rethink his material. Dave never once said anything that insinuated he felt like he was getting pimped out by the network.

You're a hoe who got beat with a clothes hanger and fell for the okie doke. The analogy is obviously calling you a hoe. No way Chappelle Show lasts 15 more years and makes him a legend. The controversy did that. Dave LEFT CC so how could he be a hoe when the hoe STAYED at the end of the story dumb fukk? Slow ass cac. By that logic Netflix makes more money so Netflix is pimping Dave too? Stupid. Again stop ignoring half of what Dave said to fit your narrative. Dave's final line to the audience makes NO SENSE IF DAVE IS THE HOE IN THE STORY. IT ONLY MAKES SENSE IF DAVE IS THE PIMP IN THE STORY. SLOW ASS CAC!

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:russ:

I can ask him for y’all, I live in yellow springs.
I already know what he’ll say though
Probably something along the lines of :troll:
Y’all probably think he was Africa while I saw him chilling at the local pub

Gravity

Banned
Daps
t's obvious you don't have any common sense because the hoe in the story doesn't leave. You continue to ignore ALL information that doens't fit your narrative. The true analogy fits everything perfectly. You don't know what you're talking about, which is why you went back to the "pimp" being CC after you were exposed for saying Hollywood at first when everyone knows Dave Chappelle is a recluse and lives in a small remote town away from any of that and was never exposed to any hollywood bullshyt.
I don’t care where you live you’re clearly a dumb motherfukker with no common sense which tells me you don’t have much personal life experience either.

The story is a metaphor idiot. I haven’t changed anything. Comedy Central/Viacom/Hollywood/establishment/system/“man” is the pimp in the metaphor. The point was that the system uses people up until they’re broken then spits them out. That’s what Dave says is what was happening to him. Yes the whore in the story didn’t leave and stayed turning tricks because of the money, as would most people(hoes) in Dave’s position. Dave left because he peeped the game and didn’t want to be a hoe anymore.

The fukk is this babbling about Dave being a recluse? First of all he’s not a recluse, dude is ALWAYS out and about. You might run into Dave anywhere. Second, when I say that the ahe is suing the story as a metaphor for his experience in hollywood I’m talking about his experience as a star carrying an entire network on his back. Dude carried Comedy Central on his back and earned those people hundreds of millions(maybe even a billion) of dollars. He was a television star in Hollywood, how was he now exposed to the Hollywood bullshyt? The bullshyt is what burnt him out hence the story what burnt him out. Like I said, you’ve got to be the dumbest motherfukker that I’ve come across in a long time.

I saw him at a strip club before, does that mean that he never went to South Africa? How do you people get to be this stupid?

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
The story is a metaphor idiot. I haven’t changed anything. Comedy Central/Viacom/Hollywood/establishment/system/“man” is the pimp in the metaphor. The point was that the system uses people up until they’re broken then spits them out. That’s what Dave says is what was happening to him.

Why would Dave Chappelle care about what the system he never been around does? Dave Chappelle has defended trump, has said that he would vote republican, doesn't want to be anyone's hero he just wants the money, ect. So why the fukk would Dave preach against the establishment? You heard what you wanted to hear, not what Dave said. You just don't want to believe you are the hoe. The system has never did shyt to Dave, Dave has been making money in entertainment since he was a minor, why would he preach against it? Dave admitted he didn't grow up in the hood or none of that. Dave isn't anti-establishment at all.

Yes the whore in the story didn’t leave and stayed turning tricks because of the money, as would most people(hoes) in Dave’s position. Dave left because he peeped the game and didn’t want to be a hoe anymore.

Wrong because we have footage of Dave saying exactly why he left. Dave WANTED the money and fame, and has said as much many times. He just didn't like that closet racists were trying to use his show as a vehicle to express themselves. It had more to do with creative control than anything else, and Dave had FULL creative control during his first contract.

The hoe stayed turning tricks because of money. STUPID Dave LEFT CC. Get that through your pea brain. The HOE (FANS) STAYED. Dave being the hoe makes zero sense and the more you try to explain it the stupider you look.

The fukk is this babbling about Dave being a recluse? First of all he’s not a recluse, dude is ALWAYS out and about.

LMAO!

Second, when I say that the ahe is suing the story as a metaphor for his experience in hollywood I’m talking about his experience as a star carrying an entire network on his back.

Wrong. South Park is their biggest show. Always has been and always will be.

Dude carried Comedy Central on his back and earned those people hundreds of millions(maybe even a billion) of dollars.

Again, you're speculating on something that we already know to be true; it was 500 million and Dave was owed 50% of it. That's what caused the disconnect and nothing else. Dave wasn't burnt out nor did he feel like he was being hoed.

He was a television star in Hollywood, how was he now exposed to the Hollywood bullshyt? The bullshyt is what burnt him out hence the story what burnt him out. Like I said, you’ve got to be the dumbest motherfukker that I’ve come across in a long time.

Again cac you make no sense. Show me any footage where Dave said he was burnt out. He went on Oprah and told the whole story-- NEVER ONCE said he was burnt out. He was mad at the contract and closet racism. He saw that the show was going to eventually die off because of outside input. He left while he was ahead and because a legend for it. In every interview he says he LIKES MONEY, FAME, he likes the SYSTEM. So me any evidence of the contrary. Dave from HIS OWN MOUTH said he didn't want to be a hero, he wanted to be rich.

He doesn't want to be a hero, so why would the story be about "oh oh I didn't want to be pimped by the system" You are definitely the bottom bytch in the story. You are pea brained dumb. You lack melanin like I said which is why you think like a hoe.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps

Exactly, but let that man have his warm salt water bath...

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I knew after watching this coli geniuses would come in here and argue over who was who in the iceberg slim story:mjlol:

The point is that it is both by the way...Dave was the bottom bytch for comedy central and dave makes the audience...more specifically this particular audience, the bottom bytch for his comedy specials...

Lhark

All Star
Daps
I still gotta make time to watch this, might do so on my day off

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Why would Dave Chappelle care about what the system he never been around does?
:mjlol: How do you carry an entire Hollywood tv network on your back without being around the Hollywood system? Comedy Central/Viacom is Hollywood dummy. Dave was in the Hollywood system.

Dave Chappelle has defended trump, has said that he would vote republican, doesn't want to be anyone's hero he just wants the money, ect. So why the fukk would Dave preach against the establishment? You heard what you wanted to hear, not what Dave said. You just don't want to believe you are the hoe. The system has never did shyt to Dave, Dave has been making money in entertainment since he was a minor, why would he preach against it? Dave admitted he didn't grow up in the hood or none of that. Dave isn't anti-establishment at all.
”Preach” is your word, I haven’t used it once. I didn’t say that he was preaching about it against anything. I said that he used the pimp story as an analogy to his experience in Hollywood and an explanation for why he left which was the “secret”. The question that everybody has wanted to know since he left was “why”. He explains it with the story.

Wrong because we have footage of Dave saying exactly why he left. Dave WANTED the money and fame, and has said as much many times. He just didn't like that closet racists were trying to use his show as a vehicle to express themselves. It had more to do with creative control than anything else, and Dave had FULL creative control during his first contract.
He wanted the money and fame so much that he walked away from both because of “creative control”:russ: So which is it? Did he leave the entertainment industry for 7-8 because didn’t have all of the creative control over his show that he wanted, or was it all just some elebaorate stunt between him and Comedy Central to pimp fans into sticking around and watching the show because they were about to leave? You’re all over the place stupid.

The hoe stayed turning tricks because of money.
STUPID Dave LEFT CC. Get that through your pea brain. The HOE (FANS) STAYED. Dave being the hoe makes zero sense and the more you try to explain it the stupider you look.
So what money did the fans get for staying as you say? Just think about your stupid ass interpretation. Dave is the pimp who walked away leaving money on the table, the fans are the hoes who stayed to turn tricks for money? Huh? What tricks are the fans turning? For what money?

You’re the dumbest person that i’ve encountered for a long long time. It’s a simple analogy. The fans weren’t the one’s breaking their backs driving themselves crazy carrying an entire network, earning hundreds of millions of dollars for the network only for that network to offer him a fraction of the money that he earned. All the fans did was tune in and watch. Like I said, Dave left but most people in his position wouldn’t have left and that was basically the consensus when he did leave. “Man Dave left $50 million dollars on the table? He crazy he must be smoking crack”.

Wrong. South Park is their biggest show. Always has been and always will be.
The DVD sets for seasons one and two of Chappelle's Show have sold extremely well since their release. As of 2005, the first-season DVD was the best-selling TV series set of all time,[18]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappelle's_Show

''Chappelle Show'' makes Comedy Central a success

Again, you're speculating on something that we already know to be true; it was 500 million and Dave was owed 50% of it. That's what caused the disconnect and nothing else. Dave wasn't burnt out nor did he feel like he was being hoed.
So you admit that the network fukked him out of the $250 million that he was owed, offering him just 1/5 of it while acting like they were doing him the favor, but you deny that he was being hoe’d? Of course there was a disconnect, on top of being stressed out and conflicted about the actual content that he was producing he was also getting cheated by the network out of the money that he was owed.

Again cac you make no sense. Show me any footage where Dave said he was burnt out. He went on Oprah and told the whole story-- NEVER ONCE said he was burnt out. He was mad at the contract and closet racism. He saw that the show was going to eventually die off because of outside input. He left while he was ahead and because a legend for it. In every interview he says he LIKES MONEY, FAME, he likes the SYSTEM. So me any evidence of the contrary. Dave from HIS OWN MOUTH said he didn't want to be a hero, he wanted to be rich.
You can scream in caps talking that “cac” shyt all you want. You’re just exposing yourself. I sense some resentment in your tone in regards to Dave and I think that it’s a result of dude’s brand of comedy flying over your head. You’re a simple surface level dude and dave’s style is just above your level of comprehension. I’m not even giving Dave credit for being super smart I’m just saying that you’re super dumb. The analogy actually goes a lot deeper but you can’t even he the crust of it.

“Show me footage where Dave said that he was burnt out”. You need shyt spelled out literally for you. I don’t know if he’s actually said the phrase “I was burnt out” verbatim, but he has explained that several times. Even in the one of the specials he relates the stress that he was under to him so skinny back then. Working out was one of the ways that he dealt with the stress. He was burnt out dude. You keep saying he that he likes money ad the fame and I don’t disagree, but the point is that he was so burnt out and stressed out from his situation with the show that he walked away from both at the beihht of his success. Your conspiracy theory about him leaving because e saw beat the show was going to eventually “die off” is downright nonsensical. He left at the beginning of the 3rd season after gettting the multi-million dollar deal while the show was killing the ratings as breaking dvd sales records. The show wasn’t “dying off”, he was. That’s why he left the money and fame on that he wanted. He was at the end of his rope.

He doesn't want to be a hero, so why would the story be about "oh oh I didn't want to be pimped by the system" You are definitely the bottom bytch in the story. You are pea brained dumb. You lack melanin like I said which is why you think like a hoe.
i never said that Dave was a hero or that he wanted to be a hero in the story. There are no heroes in the story. Remember, the story is iceberg slim’s story, Dave is just using it as an analogy to describe why he left Hollywood at the height of his show’s success. You’re acting like Dave made the story up. It’s not a perfect analogy and Dave couldn’t just change the story to make it one. He left unlike the hoe in the story and unlike 9/10 people in that position. That doesn’t change the point. He was getting pimped by the Hollywood capitalist system. That doesn’t mean that he’s against it, it just is what it is. His deal with Netflix is nothing like his deal was with Comedy Central. Netflix gave him a boatload of cash UPFRONT for 4 specials, 2 of which he already had in the stash and the other 2 done completely on his own terms. It’s the opposite of the Comedy Central situation.