Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: How do you carry an entire Hollywood tv network on your back without being around the Hollywood system? Comedy Central/Viacom is Hollywood dummy. Dave was in the Hollywood system.

Carry what on his back? CS was never anywhere close to South Park in popularity at any point.

”Preach” is your word, I haven’t used it once. I didn’t say that he was preaching about it against anything. I said that he used the pimp story as an analogy to his experience in Hollywood and an explanation for why he left which was the “secret”. The question that everybody has wanted to know since he left was “why”. He explains it with the story.

We didn't need the pimp story to explain why he left. He explained exactly why he left on Oprah and other outlets.

He wanted the money and fame so much that he walked away from both because of “creative control”:russ: So which is it? Did he leave the entertainment industry for 7-8 because didn’t have all of the creative control over his show that he wanted, or was it all just some elebaorate stunt between him and Comedy Central to pimp fans into sticking around and watching the show because they were about to leave? You’re all over the place stupid.

No, he walked away because CC reneged on the 50% and on top of that wanted more input on how he ran his show. Dave has never operated that way, even movies like Half Baked were co-written by him. No one said anything about an elaborate stunt. Dave saw the show was going to fall off and morally he wasn't with his show being used as a vehicle for racism. It never had anything to do with illuminate or "selling his soul" or being hoed by the industry. You weirdo cacs made all that shyt up. If CC paid him the 250 mill they owed him Dave would have continued doing the show. He wasn't burned out like you claim.

So what money did the fans get for staying as you say? Just think about your stupid ass interpretation. Dave is the pimp who walked away leaving money on the table, the fans are the hoes who stayed to turn tricks for money? Huh? What tricks are the fans turning? For what money?

You are confusing your own interpretation of the analogy. Fans are hoes because they follow the pimp (Dave). All the bullshyt controversy made the fans go harder for Dave instead of losing interest like they would have done otherwise. Fans turned Dave into a legendary mythological figure.

You’re the dumbest person that i’ve encountered for a long long time. It’s a simple analogy.

I agree. And you look even dumber for trying to explain it when your version makes no sense unless you ignore half of what he said to fit.

The fans weren’t the one’s breaking their backs driving themselves crazy carrying an entire network, earning hundreds of millions of dollars for the network only for that network to offer him a fraction of the money that he earned. All the fans did was tune in and watch. Like I said, Dave left but most people in his position wouldn’t have left and that was basically the consensus when he did leave. “Man Dave left $50 million dollars on the table? He crazy he must be smoking crack”.

That's the point stupid. All the controversy was an illusion. The dead man in the hotel room that wasn't really dead. All you idiots made Dave an icon because of a simple contract dispute. Dave never went crazy, he even argued that very point on Inside The Actors Studio. You're one of those idiots who believes any rumor you hear instead of the horses mouth. Dave loved doing the show, he loved being famous, he loves the money. He didn't walk away from any money. He was upset because CC reneged on the original contract. THAT'S ALL. They owed him 250 million. He didn't leave 50 mill on the table stupid.

I wouldn't accept 50 if I was owed 250 either, especially if I have to work with people I don't want to work with. Dave left when most people wouldn't have left? You fukking retarded? Lol! You're definitely a hoe.

Fans only tuned in and watched? Dumb fukk you made Dave into one of the greatest comedians who ever lived because he left a tv show. Making up stories about why he left. Calling him a hero, crazy, and all that bullshyt. You already exposed yourself when you said most people wouldn't have left.

The DVD sets for seasons one and two of Chappelle's Show have sold extremely well since their release. As of 2005, the first-season DVD was the best-selling TV series set of all time,[18]

So?

So you admit that the network fukked him out of the $250 million that he was owed, offering him just 1/5 of it while acting like they were doing him the favor, but you deny that he was being hoe’d? Of course there was a disconnect, on top of being stressed out and conflicted about the actual content that he was producing he was also getting cheated by the network out of the money that he was owed.

There you go making up illuminaty bullshyt again. Show me any PROOF Dave was stressed out and burned out? Dave NEVER says this, he was morally conflicted as he would have to give up more creative control to continue the show but that was it. His main issue is he was owed 250 million. That's why he walked away, even during the racist shyt he mentioned he was still working on the show.

Again, your analogy makes no sense because Dave didn't like the contract and LEFT immediately. He wasn't tricked by CC into working longer than he had to. As soon as the situation didn't look right he was GONE and never came back. Your argument that Dave felt like a hoe simply for working for a network is stupid because Dave ended up working for Netflix for 60 million and Netflix will get a much bigger ROI. Dave has no problem working with the system that you claim he's rebelling against. He wants the money, fame, and everything. He even called his fans dumb for thinking otherwise, "I don't want to be a hero, I want to be rich!".

You can scream in caps talking that “cac” shyt all you want. You’re just exposing yourself. I sense some resentment in your tone in regards to Dave and I think that it’s a result of dude’s brand of comedy flying over your head. You’re a simple surface level dude and dave’s style is just above your level of comprehension. I’m not even giving Dave credit for being super smart I’m just saying that you’re super dumb. The analogy actually goes a lot deeper but you can’t even he the crust of it.

LOL! Actually it's the opposite. Dave's comedy is easily digestible for the masses which is why cacs like you enjoy it. Nothing Dave says or does goes over my head and I knew of Dave Chappelle when he was cracking jokes about Batman. Way before his cac fanbase came along for Chappelle show and his old stuff landed on youtube. I saw his Def Comedy Jam shyt (a black show) when it first aired. Where were you cac?

“Show me footage where Dave said that he was burnt out”. You need shyt spelled out literally for you. I don’t know if he’s actually said the phrase “I was burnt out” verbatim, but he has explained that several times.

No he hasn't. That's why you will never find proof of that, and I'm glad you admitted there is no proof of him being burnt out because he wasn't.

Even in the one of the specials he relates the stress that he was under to him so skinny back then. Working out was one of the ways that he dealt with the stress. He was burnt out dude.

Dave Chappelle has always been skinny. That's how I know you don't know shyt about DC and you're a casual cac who jumped on the wagon after Chappelle show. He's only bigger now because of age and PEDs.

You keep saying he that he likes money ad the fame and I don’t disagree, but the point is that he was so burnt out and stressed out from his situation with the show that he walked away from both at the beihht of his success. Your conspiracy theory about him leaving because e saw beat the show was going to eventually “die off” is downright nonsensical. He left at the beginning of the 3rd season after gettting the multi-million dollar deal while the show was killing the ratings as breaking dvd sales records. The show wasn’t “dying off”, he was. That’s why he left the money and fame on that he wanted. He was at the end of his rope.

Dave was never burnt out or stressed behind the scenes. You already admitted you have no proof of this. Just stop, you keep embarrassing yourself. I have proof of everything I said and Dave himself as backed up everything I've stated.

i never said that Dave was a hero or that he wanted to be a hero in the story. There are no heroes in the story. Remember, the story is iceberg slim’s story, Dave is just using it as an analogy to describe why he left Hollywood at the height of his show’s success. You’re acting like Dave made the story up. It’s not a perfect analogy and Dave couldn’t just change the story to make it one. He left unlike the hoe in the story and unlike 9/10 people in that position. That doesn’t change the point. He was getting pimped by the Hollywood capitalist system. That doesn’t mean that he’s against it, it just is what it is. His deal with Netflix is nothing like his deal was with Comedy Central. Netflix gave him a boatload of cash UPFRONT for 4 specials, 2 of which he already had in the stash and the other 2 done completely on his own terms. It’s the opposite of the Comedy Central situation.

The iceberg slim story doesn't make any sense in the context of CC not honoring the contract. Dave being the hoe makes absolutely no sense because he walked away with zero conflict. All the hoopla came from FANS who made up conspiracy theories for why he left. Dave himself debunked all those theories. Fame didn't overwhelm him as he loves fame, he didn't feel like he was selling his soul for money HE WANTED the money, he was never burned out, he wasn't trying or doesn't want to be a hero. All the bullshyt you came up with Dave debunked from his own mouth. So in conclusion Dave feeling or being the hoe makes no sense.

Dave wasn't getting pimped by any system. He had full creative control and as soon as he feared he would lose it he left. You're not making any sense. Pimped how? You don't even know what pimping is cac, I think that's the problem. Dave was never obligated to do anything he left as soon as he wanted to. I think the issue is YOU'RE A HOE, so you project your own cac thoughts onto DC. You would have stayed so you think Dave was crazy for leaving and it's easy for a lame like you to believe all the rumors surrounding that situation instead of the truth. 9/10 people would have stayed. LOL! Speak for yourself cac!

Someone already quoted Katt Williams saying exactly what happened...And you cacs still on that illuminate shyt.

And no, netflix didn't give no Dave Chappelle 60 million cash upfront. This ain't ain't no drug deal stupid! You can't give someone 60 million in cash in America! LMAO! Brah you must be a cac teenager or something. You sound dumber with every line. Everything you say is fantasy fiction. Netflix gave DC 60 million in cash upfront...Hahahah! Everything you say is hyperbole and not based in any shred of facts. You get no reply from me cac teen until you show FACTS, QUOTES and real examples that show Dave was burned out, stressed and felt like he was being hoed. I already quoted the Oprah interview, James Lipton interview, from his own mouth, ect. Your wrong. Take your L I'm done with you. Until you show me proof of ANYTHING you stated, including 60 million in cash, conversation over. I win cac.

Last edited:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
We didn't need the pimp story to explain why he left. He explained exactly why he left on Oprah and other outlets.
I just You tube’d the oprah interview and there’s no way you can listen to him there and not conclude that he is the hoe in the iceberg slim story. During the first 5 minutes he tells oprah that he left because of the stress. Being stressed out and being burnt is the same thing. He also talks about feeling overwhelmed and feeling like he was being manipulated, deliberately put in stressful overwhelming positions..........just like the hoe in the story. He literally said that he felt like he was being denliberate put under stress because he was generating a lot of money and needed to be controlled.

The funny thing about you is that you keep screaming about what Dave has and hasn’t said, yet youre donoletely disregarsing what he’s said in favor of believing some shot you made up in your head. When did Dave ever say that he left because he knew that the show was going to die off soon and he was just pulling a stunt to “pimp his fans and build his legend”? He never said that, that’s some shot you made up. If you actually listen and comprehend med what he has said, you wouldn’t even be trying to argue with me.

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went back and watched Killing the Softy and Dave needs to do like Chris does and insist on a majority black audience for his specials.

Black audiences bring another level of laughter and excitement to a special.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
One of the biggest hoes in hollywerird:mjgrin::mjpls:
Olivia Munn on Hosting Critics' Choice Awards Amid Hollywood Harassment Scandals

You accused Brett Ratner of sexual misconduct, and harassment in Hollywood has been very much at the top of everyone's minds. Does that inform how you'll host?

I do believe that comedians are there to make light of really serious issues because it helps take the steam out of things. But what Dave Chappelle did, [calling a Louis C.K. accuser "weak"], I didn't find that funny. When you're talking about women who are physically or sexually violated, and on top of that, pushed out of our business — whether it's people stopping opportunities for them, or the experience of having to watch their abuser continue to flourish scours them from this business — then it's in poor taste, and it's really tone deaf to the experiences of others. And I think especially Chappelle, as a minority, should show more empathy for the experience of other people who are abused and belittled and pushed down. You don’t shy away from things, but you also don’t say it just to be mean, or just to get a laugh. The big thing is moving forward. We have to elevate each other. Elevate other women, minorities, and the LGBTQ. That will be the big thing: to change history, get more opportunities and not only be known for the abuses that have happened to us.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Equanimity was pretty dope, i enjoyed it....:ehh:

His voice has changed though....his squeaky voice used to add extra :mjlol: to the punchline for some reason & his white voice isn't as good anymore :mjcry:

He's the GOAT though.

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Dave entering that Paul Mooney territory where he ain't even there to entertain you. The jokes are their to ease the weight of the shyt he's dropping on you

Long Live Chappelle :wow:
I'm praying he doesn't take the Netflix bag and run
Everyone should see him live

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
One of the biggest hoes in hollywerird:mjgrin::mjpls:
Olivia Munn on Hosting Critics' Choice Awards Amid Hollywood Harassment Scandals

You accused Brett Ratner of sexual misconduct, and harassment in Hollywood has been very much at the top of everyone's minds. Does that inform how you'll host?

I do believe that comedians are there to make light of really serious issues because it helps take the steam out of things. But what Dave Chappelle did, [calling a Louis C.K. accuser "weak"], I didn't find that funny. When you're talking about women who are physically or sexually violated, and on top of that, pushed out of our business — whether it's people stopping opportunities for them, or the experience of having to watch their abuser continue to flourish scours them from this business — then it's in poor taste, and it's really tone deaf to the experiences of others. And I think especially Chappelle, as a minority, should show more empathy for the experience of other people who are abused and belittled and pushed down. You don’t shy away from things, but you also don’t say it just to be mean, or just to get a laugh. The big thing is moving forward. We have to elevate each other. Elevate other women, minorities, and the LGBTQ. That will be the big thing: to change history, get more opportunities and not only be known for the abuses that have happened to us.
No wonder Jamie Foxx ditched her ass

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
I went back and watched Killing the Softy and Dave needs to do like Chris does and insist on a majority black audience for his specials.

Black audiences bring another level of laughter and excitement to a special.
Where'd you hear this? :ohhh: