Dave Chappelle goes to his old school, students try to attack him for LGBT

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don’t even understand the controversy. You either found the jokes funny or you didn’t. And if you thought he was “homo/transphobic” based on his previous specials, why are you even watching his new shyt?

It’s like these people are just looking for stuff to be upset about. For that reason alone, no one should sympathize with them :yeshrug:

Its the same thing with JK Rowling or anything people say about LGBT that can possibly be construed as negative. They try (and succeed) to intimidate and oppress people who have any sort of criticism.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
dave is an edgy unapologetic no fukks to give comedian. i thought stand up was funny. that said, he was out of his element going by the school to discuss this. he's not trained or equipped to have a constructive and productive conversation with emotional teens on this topic. some of his responses like the below wasn't a good look.

“I’m better than every instrumentalist, artist, no matter what art you do in this school, right now, I’m better than all of you. I’m sure that will change. I’m sure you’ll be household names soon.”

klientel

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
dave is an edgy unapologetic no fukks to give comedian. i thought stand up was funny. that said, he was out of his element going by the school to discuss this. he's not trained or equipped to have a constructive and productive conversation with emotional teens on this topic. some of his responses like the below wasn't a good look.

“I’m better than every instrumentalist, artist, no matter what art you do in this school, right now, I’m better than all of you. I’m sure that will change. I’m sure you’ll be household names soon.”

yeah seemed like he got defensive there and defaulted to the “I’m rich bytch!!” mentality. We’ve all done that in some capacity before. Just doing it to kids probably wasn’t the best move.

But at this point I doubt he gives a fukk, I wouldn’t either

No Ma’am

Superstar
Daps
They all using iPhones or other shyt that come from literal slave labor. Got workers jumping from windows to their death to escape the life - real impoverish kids/people around the world getting poisoned to dig up minerals for said technology that theyre using to cry on, etc. But let’s make up some shyt about this mans comedy killing instead of focusing on real life crimes. Yea, fukk em’, you can’t save everyone.
full

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
On the flip side I get why they are outraged but the main emphasis of this for Dave is to have a situation where people can offend or say what's on their mind without being socially targeted. Especially comedians. If he in his position can't do so and he did to extreme just to prove a point . ( They would never be able to when they get to his point.)

This is one of the decisions Dave is saying they can't be able to make like he can. He's literally commiting that artistically and standing by it so they can have free space to say whatever without fear. So when he says he has a lot of love for those kids it's legit. He's not doing this for himself.

If he folds now..none of them have hope

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town

These outlets all have an agenda. Even those quotes I bet were taken out of context. One could read it as him sounding angry, but unless you were there, you wouldn’t know the tone in which he said it. It could’ve been part of a bigger joke or point.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
fakkit ass kids. :mjlol:
How you in highschool and acting like that much of a bytch?
They thought they could address a grown black man as a coward and call him
immature and he was just supposed to listen to that and smile. Then they get mad
cause he put them in their appropriate place and want to play 'But we're children'

fukk them kids.:camby: