Dave Filoni has became the Chief Creative Officer of Lucasfilm

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Filoni suffers from some of the same things George did. He’s a great ideas man. However he really needs sharp writers to polish his scripts. Too many cliches in his writing along with things that don’t make sense. Some examples from just the last episode of Ahsoka:

Thrawn is a super genius but made numerous unnecessary tactical mistakes. This diminishes the character.

They survive an aerial bombardment from a Star Destroyer. This diminishes Star Destroyers.

They were rushing to prevent Thrawn from leaving. Why were they traveling at the glacial pace of the turtle aliens at the start?

Why didn’t they sever the limbs of the reanimated storm troopers?

Sabine just got force powers and achieved a feat (pushing Ezra) Luke would have had trouble with after a year of training.

Why in the world did Ezra keep on his storm trooper armor WITH HELMET all the way up to coming out of the ship? Hell why did the NR let him board considering rogue Jedi had just decimated a ship.

I could go on. One or two things you can look past but when they start to pile up they drag down the whole proceedings.

I hope Filoni puts his ego aside and let’s those who can take his ideas to the next level do so. Otherwise it will be more mediocre fare.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Filoni suffers from some of the same things George did. He’s a great ideas man. However he really needs sharp writers to polish his scripts. Too many cliches in his writing along with things that don’t make sense. Some examples from just the last episode of Ahsoka:

Thrawn is a super genius but made numerous unnecessary tactical mistakes. This diminishes the character.

They survive an aerial bombardment from a Star Destroyer. This diminishes Star Destroyers.

They were rushing to prevent Thrawn from leaving. Why were they traveling at the glacial pace of the turtle aliens at the start?

Sabine just got force powers and achieved a feat (pushing Ezra) Luke would have had trouble with after a year of training.

Why in the world did Ezra keep on his storm trooper armor WITH HELMET all the way up to coming out of the ship? Hell why did the NR let him board considering rogue Jedi had just decimated a ship.

I could go on. One or two things you can look past but when they start to pile up they drag down the whole proceedings.

I hope Filoni puts his ego aside and let’s those who can take his ideas to the next level do so. Otherwise it will be more mediocre fare.
The sabine thing in the bolded, i heard this complaint before but feel like its been overstated.
They make it known throughout the series that she has been training to use the force for years.
She just wasn't very good until now, but she wasn't new to it. and it isn't as big a feat as people are making it out to be either. She just did a simple force push. she didn't even push him all the way, he had to force jump most way himself.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
The sabine thing in the bolded, i heard this complaint before but feel like its been overstated.
They make it known throughout the series that she has been training to use the force for years.
She just wasn't very good until now, but she wasn't new to it. and it isn't as big a feat as people are making it out to be either. She just did a simple force push. she didn't even push him all the way, he had to force jump most way himself.
I don’t even agree with making her a Jedi. It’s unnecessary. Mandalorians are cool enough. But Filoni thinks Mando cool! Jedi cool! Mando Jedi double cool!

Also you can’t train in the force when you can’t wield it lol. Sabine was training in fighting lightsabers etc but she couldn’t use the force until the top of the witch’s fortress. Next thing you know she’s mega force pushing. You may not have an issue with it but it came off as rushed and unearned to many, which is a consistent problem with Disney Star Wars.

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio

sp2-e1698674752330-20231030png

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Every time I see him, I wonder why he would volunteer to look like a store brand Robert Rodriguez. :dead:
great call

dude looks like Kevin Pollack playing Robert Rodriguez in an old FunnyorDie sketch

Last edited:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South

Dont forget conveniently leaving the starship’s cargo bay doors open as they were leaving