Dave Filoni has became the Chief Creative Officer of Lucasfilm

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
idk... does bro know how to make blockbusters though? its giving Marvel Phase 5 tbh. but i mean who else they got?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
So is this about fixing the post ROS era? Cause it feels like the story will be in a creative rut unless they are able to tell new stories without the constraints of being involved in a defined era.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
filoni was involved with rogue one.

Your article says makes both claims. It says Simon Crane directed that sequence.

I doubt anyone would hide Filoni was involved if he was. And the fact none of the action scenes he has directed lived up to it…So I doubt he was.

Edit

Filoni never claims he did either

“I visited Gareth Edwards [on Rogue One] and I visited Rian on [The Last Jedi]. But Rian was the one who shoved me up front, sticking lenses in my hand and really getting me immersed in it.”

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
the only good star wars projects post Lucas have had dave filoni involved. what is going on with this thread? :russ:

I’m on the same wave. I was expecting to come in here to tears of joy from SW fans but it seems Kathleen Kennedy has fukked the franchise so bad that not even Filoni can spur up any kind of optimism.

Don’t get me wrong, Kennedy is the worse thing to happen to Star Wars since Jar Jar Binks but I don’t think there’s any argument against Filoni being the best thing to happen to the franchise. Hopefully he’ll cancel out her bullshyt

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
So is this about fixing the post ROS era? Cause it feels like the story will be in a creative rut unless they are able to tell new stories without the constraints of being involved in a defined era.

They need to either make a sequel series that's like 100 years after the previous movies timeline/events so that it can standalone and start a new lore

Or if they can't stop playing with Skywalker/Death Star/Skywalker sandbox then fully reboot with new actors and tell a different version of the original story which allows new interpretations of the original characters.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
They need to either make a sequel series that's like 100 years after the previous movies timeline/events so that it can standalone and start a new lore

Or if they can't stop playing with Skywalker/Death Star/Skywalker sandbox then fully reboot with new actors and tell a different version of the original story which allows new interpretations of the original characters.
The backlash after everything they’ve built up onto the OT, just to now start a new variation on Luke and Leia would be crazy.

The original movie is such a simple story, I would hate to be the person attempting to outdo it.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
With Kennedy still in charge I ain't gonna pretend like this is huge news BUT it's an improvement.

Regardless of his writing, Filoni is the perfect dude map out stuff and actually give a 1 true direction. Clone Wars, Rebels, Mando and Ahsoka are one big ass story that has some really amazing SW content (and others that are forgettable) that add to the lore and expand what George Lucas started without feeling foreign.

Is Filoni's vision or version of SW perfect? No, but pretending like Star Wars was ever that is something that defies comprehension :heh: all I ask is giving creative people enough of a guideline so they can cook in a Star Wars setting, and I think Filoni is well suited for that (it worked great for Mando S1 and S2 which were the ones he was heavily involved with) :manny: it's much better than whatever the fukk they've been doing for the past decade.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Honestly my take on Star Wars right now to get excitement back

1. Bring back Luke Skywalker. (Everyone I talked to always mentions his death as an issue.)
2. Fix the canon. Make lightsabers work like they are suppose to, no Holdo maneuvers, no lightspeed tracking, no force healing.
3. Upgrade the writing and maturity content. (Kinda like Andor)

I think Kathleen Kennedy contract runs out in 2026 so I dont think she is getting removed until then, but these are things they can fix in the meantime.

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I don’t even agree with making her a Jedi. It’s unnecessary. Mandalorians are cool enough. But Filoni thinks Mando cool! Jedi cool! Mando Jedi double cool!

Also you can’t train in the force when you can’t wield it lol. Sabine was training in fighting lightsabers etc but she couldn’t use the force until the top of the witch’s fortress. Next thing you know she’s mega force pushing. You may not have an issue with it but it came off as rushed and unearned to many, which is a consistent problem with Disney Star Wars.
Wait wait they made Sabine a force user? :dead:

Everything you said is all facts. I was mad at the fact she was even USING a lightsaber in Rebels. Clone Wars and Rebels and the new trilogy had complete bums lightsaber dueling. Cheapens the art