Dave Ramsey agrees Renting vs. Owning Is Fine, Credit Cards Are Trash

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
:lupe: I think I'm gonna stop with the credit cards even as I pay them off each month and tighten the budge for

Cliffs;

Rent may be higher than Mortage, but, that's based on the market and can change

Credit Cards--even paid off at the end of each month--are :trash: because you spend more and the market knows that...A FICO score means nothing

Thoughts

:lupe:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Dave Ramsey is like Alcoholics Anonymous for people who can't control their spending. For people who have decent judgment Dave Ramsey is an idiot.
this I was sitting here going :leostare: at the credit card rant.
Yeah, when i got my first credit card I want nuts. Now though it's different, I still feel that "pain" because the minute I buy something a notification comes up on my phone of the charge. if the notifications stack up to 5 before the day is over i cut my spending for the rest of the week.

L0Qutus

All Star
Daps
yep, you have to spend money anyway why not get miles, cash back and perks:gucci:

this I was sitting here going :leostare: at the credit card rant.
Yeah, when i got my first credit card I want nuts. Now though it's different, I still feel that "pain" because the minute I buy something a notification comes up on my phone of the charge. if the notifications stack up to 5 before the day is over i cut my spending for the rest of the week.
Exactly, you use credit cards for the things you HAVE TO BUY and you get miles/points/ etc plus you get the added bonus of purchase protection or additional warranty time:jawalrus:

Credit card companies are great psychologists and understand human nature. They know that most people won't pay off their credit cards in full at the end of the statement period and that's where the profit comes in:ufdup:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
yep, you have to spend money anyway why not get miles, cash back and perks:gucci:

I cant beat free points from credit cards. I have enough points from my chase card alone, I can fly anywhere in the world.
The same money I would use out of my checking acct to pay my regular bills, can be used to pay down my credit cards:yeshrug:

Nah, fukk all that on the "no credit cards" shyt.
  • Travel/Hotel points
  • Cash Back
Pros of using credit cards (responsibly!) greatly outweigh the cons...

He point with that was;
https://www.12news.com/article/mone...rks-and-rewards-mostly-go-unclaimed/432070347

PHOENIX - A new study shows about 30 percent of credit card holders aren't claiming the rewards they've been earning on their purchases.

“We found that three out of 10 cardholders never redeemed their rewards, which is quite surprising considering the rewards out there,” said Robin Saks Frankel from Bankrate.com.

He sited a even bigger one

And I've found plenty of people saying air miles are trash

But it ain't for everybody

I need to quit credit cards myself

I pay it all, but, I overspend

Take Advice from a White Man brehs

:russ:

Both, he made a great point about never owing anyone for 20 years

Trust me, I get shyt for bringing up how different black people have it from other folks

Take it with salt