David Banner: "We're Breeding A Generation Of Spineless Zombies"

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
I don't mind sponsorship but it's over the top now. Back then you only had a few acts really promoting brands now it's EVERYBODY.

Look I don't mind that hiphop is changing I'm just on the campaign that we need to bring BALANCE!

We have an extreme lack in variety to what's openly available to folks on a mainstream level and unfortunately not all people search on the Internet for new music to listen to.

Ain't nothing wrong with turning up but it's a problem when that's all we're doing.

Nah breh. There's more access for people to find the variety of music they want and to make it mainstream now than ever so if everybody on here is in favor of making a change for balance everybody needs to be on the front lines to make it happen. It can't just be talk about how bad it is, it needs to be real action happening to make it better/balanced

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You mean the same generation that finally got the south to take down their slave flags?

The same one thats marching in these streets?

The same one that showcases white supremacy and fights back?

Get this ol head the fukk out the paint.. All his generation ever did was sell and smoke crack

This generation doing more for civil rights than his washed generation ever did.. She has more of spine than this ol hotep ass nikka

OH LOOK SHE TOOK DOWN THE RACIST FLAG :gladbron::camby:horrible example nikka. Every generation has its degenerates.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A couple of things have been on my mind regarding racism in America. I don't know how far it would go, but these are things that I believe should happen:

1) Zero tolerance for racists. Racism is something that can't be cured by human means. The only solution that exists is this: force them out of the country. If you don't want a peaceful co-existence with Blacks, then leave. You want to prove your supremacy, then build another nation without us. You just won't be doing it on American soil. The government should send them elsewhere, but don't give them any type of grant money to start over.

2) America being prosecuted and held accountable for it's crimes. There's a plethora of crimes that America has committed and it's own Constitution would act as it's conscience. Documents were drafted and beautiful words were written, but it was a lie because it wasn't true for everybody. We weren't even citizens, but "property" which makes those documents a lie. It should be public.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
If rappers were doing more good than harm then their influence would be welcomed. I'm not saying this is all we need but we need as many people as we can get to wake up. These lil young kids see these rappers and mimic the shyt they're doing which has had a negative effect in our communities, so yes they can make a difference, for better or worse. So no, I don't think we've got enough rappers talking. I've been seeing first hand that black people are beginning to see the true colors of these wicked motherfukkers who are running the world, and while that's great, we need to add as much fuel to the fire as possible. We can all do our part of course, but how many of us have the power to speak on a public platform? There's power in numbers so the ones who can reach the masses can make a bigger impact.

The problem is, the one's who DO have that influence and platform to influence are putting out poison like this:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Coming from the nikka that made this degrading song. Get this c00n outta here :camby:

so i'm guessing you missed the entire part of the video where he says... "i speak on this because i looked at MYSELF first... cause i was making this type of music and when i noticed i had to make a change"

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody is perfect an artist does have the right to self expression .
David banner said at the end he was one of one's doing it and promoting that negativity.
Heard from alot of people that he's a smart brother and this is my first time listening to an interview of his and it's left me wanting to hear more from him. One of the smartest brothers around at the moment when it comes to black issues and not just within the the rap circle.