David Banner: What's Going On In Hip-Hop Today Is Embarrassing

KingsOfKings

π”»π•£π•–π•’π•ž π•„π•–π•£π•”π•™π•’π•Ÿπ•₯
Daps

"The original job for a policeman was to catch escaped slaves and protect the property of slave-owners. And it has not changed."

David Banner is fed up. The outspoken southern rap artist sat down with VladTV to discuss police brutality and the current state of hip-hop, and when it comes to both, Banner believes people need to stop watching it all take place and take action. "Our kids are dying. Little Black girls are getting beat. Where all the gangsters at when it comes to that?" he asks. "Everybody in hip-hop say they from the hood, but when the hood needs them, they're nowhere to be found."

Hailing from Jackson, Mississippi, the public speaker has also noticed how hip-hop doesn't recognize socially-conscious artists as much as the rappers whose lyrics hardly hold any substance, especially those from southern states like Big K.R.I.T. "If hip-hopper's ain't acting like monkeys, people don't f****** support them. And I'm tired of that, dude," he painfully expresses. "What's going on in hip-hop right now is embarrassing, dude."

From the McKinney pool party incident to incarcerated Black men, David Banner strongly believes instances like these wouldn't occur if their skin color were a lighter shade. "America would shut down," he states with an undeniably angry tone, recalling a talk with a friend of his who works for the law. Press play to find out how Banner plans to hold hip-hop consumers accountable for the way they portray the culture, and why it's up for hip-hop sites like ours to put the Black community in positive light, since major news stations like FOX hardly ever do.

Listen to David Banner's newest single "My Uzi" with Big K.R.I.T. on iTunes and Google Play. When it comes to his upcoming LP ''The God Box," he claims it's "one of the best hip-hop albums period. And after it comes out I'll never say that again - it's gon' be up to y'all to do it. And hip-hop say they want something better, well it's here. And if you don't take it now it's your fault."

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Lol fukk David Banner. Dude is mixed up as hell and always contradicting himself. A few years ago he was saying there's nothing at all wrong with hip-hop and fiercely defending ignorance and negativity in hip-hop. Now he's echoing Chuck D. He just likes hearing himself talk. Definition of a smartdumb nikka.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
you, did not say nuffin.
when, you were homeless and making trap beats fro this unculturized guys, breh.
you, did not even care if artist came to you with ghostriders and violated the culture or any of that.
plus, you not gon battle nobody and try to really protect the culture.
so, spare me all the toy anger.
ol evil bear in toy story ass nikkaz.
tired of toy nikkaz who NEVER respected or protected the culture.
now, trying to act like the freedom fighters and you are a toy.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
fukk any and all toys i. Rap and hiding behond a corporate bamner that fradulently says hiphop.
none of these nikkaz were protctign the culture and still don't.

RWAL TALK,..

I AM THE ONLY ACTUAL ARTIST IN THE NEW GEN, WHO IS BLACK.
WHO PROTECTED AND CARED.
TIRED OF THESE TOYS ASS PHONIES, REVENUE GRAB ASS PHONIES, PR GRAB ASS PHONIES.

Art Barr

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Lol fukk David Banner. Dude is mixed up as hell and always contradicting himself. A few years ago he was saying there's nothing at all wrong with hip-hop and fiercely defending ignorance and negativity in hip-hop. Now he's echoing Chuck D. He just likes hearing himself talk. Definition of a smartdumb nikka.

I haven't fukked with Banner ever since the ridiculous amount of double talk on The Greatest Story Never Told. On the first track he's literally calling out black people for only shooting each other:

I think for the most part, our generation is filled with a bunch of fukkin' cowards
And I say that man, because we beef amongst each other...
We kill and we shootin each other in our own hoods, and bang each other
We won't bang cops, ya know I'm sayin?
And one thing that these motherfukkers in America know...
They know we-they know we ain't gon' do shyt (Do shyt- Do shyt)

and raps this:

nikkas, I'm just sayin, When do we stop playin?
When do we stop pimpin and start sprayin?
Fifty shots for every cop that popped Sean Bell, his body layin
But they acquit, because they know that our generation won't do shyt!
Nothin, nada, but every rapper is a shotta or a don dadda, or a killa
But you ain't killin nothin in this piece, unless it's another nikka

Then not even two tracks later, this song drops:

:dwillhuh::why::comeon:

So with all respect to Banner, but dude will have to stop talking and start taking action if he wants me to ever take him serious again.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
I haven't fukked with Banner ever since the ridiculous amount of double talk on The Greatest Story Never Told. On the first track he's literally calling out black people for only shooting each other:

I think for the most part, our generation is filled with a bunch of fukkin' cowards
And I say that man, because we beef amongst each other...
We kill and we shootin each other in our own hoods, and bang each other
We won't bang cops, ya know I'm sayin?
And one thing that these motherfukkers in America know...
They know we-they know we ain't gon' do shyt (Do shyt- Do shyt)

and raps this:

nikkas, I'm just sayin, When do we stop playin?
When do we stop pimpin and start sprayin?
Fifty shots for every cop that popped Sean Bell, his body layin
But they acquit, because they know that our generation won't do shyt!
Nothin, nada, but every rapper is a shotta or a don dadda, or a killa
But you ain't killin nothin in this piece, unless it's another nikka

Then not even two tracks later, this song drops:

:dwillhuh::why::comeon:

So with all respect to Banner, but dude will have to stop talking and start taking action if he wants me to ever take him serious again.

Well then NO artist should have a right to voice a opinion then.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Exactly he hasn't changed shyt, he just put on some glasses and became 'an authority' denouncing the same elements of hip-hop and culture he helped make famous.